The Falkirk FC Thread

Enjoyed today. Despite that shambles of a ground that's really not fit for professional football. 

Thought we totally dominated it and could have won by 5 and yet at 2-1 a few worrying moments.

Highlight as well that fud Maybury trying to get I to it with a couple of fans. What an absolute helmet. f**k you. Topped off an excellent day out. 

1 hour ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Agree that Henderson was missed when he went off.

My reading was that he was being protected from that arse of a referee giving him a second yellow card.

Actually thought his booking was the only decision the ref got right all game.

A breathtaking display of incompetence. Highlight clearly being playing on fir 5 seconds after the Edinburgh player went down with a nothing injury then deciding as we were going to score that he was about to need an undertaker.

Worst ref I've seen this season. By far.

Been a long while since we had the luxury of having serious contenders for many of the positions of the starting eleven.  Hopefully that competition will spur everyone on to be at their best.  Looking forward to the rest of the season now.  Our best signing has been McGlynn for sure.

Edited by Long Suffering Bairn

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Burrell will get plenty of chances.

Anyway, I wanted to mention Brad Mckay today. His renaissance is old news now but I thought he was rock solid again today. Mackie was harum scarum at times and hives away too many stupid fouls. It absolute must be Mckay and Donaldson at the back for me. IDGAF who kicks with what foot. They are by far the most solid options. 

My only worry with CB pairing of McKay and Donaldson is that did we not concede 4 against Airdrie with them at the back and also 3 against Clyde? Not the best record. Please correct me if I’m wrong.

5 minutes ago, Big chungus said:

My only worry with CB pairing of McKay and Donaldson is that did we not concede 4 against Airdrie with them at the back and also 3 against Clyde? Not the best record. Please correct me if I’m wrong.

Was Mckay & Henderson against Clyde. We technically only conceded 1 or 2 with Mckay & Donaldson at Airdrie as Mckay went off injured when we'd made all our subs then Airdrie went on a flurry.

10 minutes ago, Big chungus said:

I mean... a great deal went wrong at Airdrie, and I am fairly sure Henderson was at thr back v Clyde

Pretty sure that a few points will be dropped by us and the pars before the season ends. Our job is to make sure we drop 6 points less than them. Teams f8ghting for a play off place and also scrambling to avoid automatic relegation will prove a big task to both teams

Edited by Bigbri Bairn

58 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Actually thought his booking was the only decision the ref got right all game.

A breathtaking display of incompetence. Highlight clearly being playing on fir 5 seconds after the Edinburgh player went down with a nothing injury then deciding as we were going to score that he was about to need an undertaker.

Worst ref I've seen this season. By far.

🙌

3 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Much more comfortable than the score line suggests. 
McGinn, Morrison and Rowe our best players. 
As far as the referee goes there are no words. In order of it happening.

1. Stopping Morrison just as he was about to score for a clear kid on injury to an Edinburgh player. 

2. MCKay clearly bundled over at their goal. 

3. The push on MacKie in the box right in front of the linesman. 

Utterly disgraceful that could have cost us in the end. 

That’s three times I have seen Edinburgh now and how they are not down beside Clyde and Peterhead is beyond me. They are very poor. 

Let’s forget what Dunfermline are up to. Just keep winning and see where it takes us 

I'm guessing you just copy + paste a message from someone who was actually at the game?

29 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Yes.

Not for me. Oliver is nowhere near as effective in his midfield role as Nesbit is. As it stands, Nesbit owns that role, and only Lawal or the somewhat unknown quantity of Meekison who hopefully isnt out for too long can get it off him for me.