The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, Back Post Misses said:

Gary Oliver did really well again today. He holds it up really well and scored an absolute peach. I bet the players love having him in the team. 

I think he would be a standout in the No.10 role with one of our striker options playing off him.

Great day. Absolutely great. Points dropped by them, a solid away win at a competitor. Finally capitalising. 

Dunfermlinwille will slowly begin to feel pressure IMO. Keep where we are or better before the rearranged game and by.f**k, it doesn't get any bigger

18 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Burrell takes are wild. 5 wins on the bounce best run of form in recent memory. John Mcglynn giving himself a selection headache with a Load of players staking a claim to start. Long may it continue! 

Exactly, McGlynn isn’t going to change a winning side and rightly so. After a poor result he does tend to change things up however.

18 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Absolute over reaction to suggest a young player will demand a transfer because he is not a regular starter in a side currently on a successful run.

Shit stirring rubbish.

Hes scored the last 2 games off the bench and scored against Edinburgh away last time out. The only thing you could say is he is a terrible trainer or he was told pre match he wouldn’t get on so McGlynn could see the new boys

Burrell will get plenty of chances.

Anyway, I wanted to mention Brad Mckay today. His renaissance is old news now but I thought he was rock solid again today. Mackie was harum scarum at times and hives away too many stupid fouls. It absolute must be Mckay and Donaldson at the back for me. IDGAF who kicks with what foot. They are by far the most solid options. 

Edited by Bairnardo

1 minute ago, GeordieBairn said:

Hes scored the last 2 games off the bench and scored against Edinburgh away last time out. The only thing you could say is he is a terrible trainer or he was told pre match he wouldn’t get on so McGlynn could see the new boys

For what it’s worth I would have had him on the park at some point today but it’s obviously the Managers call and it’s rather difficult to argue with his decisions given our excellent run of results.

My issue is with the ridiculous comments suggesting he will be looking to move on after not being involved today.

There are individuals on here who delight in negativity.

7 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

For what it’s worth I would have had him on the park at some point today but it’s obviously the Managers call and it’s rather difficult to argue with his decisions given our excellent run of results.

My issue is with the ridiculous comments suggesting he will be looking to move on after not being involved today.

There are individuals on here who delight in negativity.

Not shit stirring at all. Burrell will want to play games at this stage in his career. Rightly or wrongly he hasn’t started the last 5 games despite coming on and scoring (I agree it’s very difficult to change a winning team).

Now 2 more strikers have come in so any player in that position would be looking at their options in my view.

4 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Not shit stirring at all. Burrell will want to play games at this stage in his career. Rightly or wrongly he hasn’t started the last 5 games despite coming on and scoring (I agree it’s very difficult to change a winning team).

Now 2 more strikers have come in so any player in that position would be looking at their options in my view.

One of whom is only on loan till May, of course. 

5 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Conveniently overlooking that we lost a striker a few days ago and there are rumours swirling that Kennedy, another attacking player, may be leaving.

Burrell has a significant role to play this season.

16 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Burrell will get plenty of chances.

Anyway, I wanted to mention Brad Mckay today. His renaissance is old news now but I thought he was rock solid again today. Mackie was harum scarum at times and hives away too many stupid fouls. It absolute must be Mckay and Donaldson at the back for me. IDGAF who kicks with what foot. They are by far the most solid options. 

The change in McKays performances have been remarkable. Looked like an amateur player with a steam of shite and dodgy performances. 

A great win today. First half we were far too pedestrian, but McGlynn obviously had words at half-time and the first half of the second period we were flying and scored two cracking goals. I have to say I’m still not convinced Oliver as a lone-striker is a long-term answer, but he was much better in the second half and he took his goal superbly.

From looking like we were going to go on and score more, the game slipped a wee bit away from us when we made the subs. I don’t think it’s overly negative to suggest Burrell might feel a little aggrieved not to have come on following his recent run of form and tbh that’s the change I would have made, but I’m not in charge (thankfully!). We ended up seeing it out pretty comfortably and it’s a fantastic result given Clyde unexpectedly getting a result too. If we keep this up, we might be in with a chance, you know.

If we were chasing the game, Burrell 100% would have come on. Meekison and Wright are new and clearly Mcglynn wanted a look, and to give the fans a look. It was a game where we were 2 goals up and cruising. If McGlynn had turned to others in a tight spot then yes, he could feel aggrieved. 

The next few games absolutely critical. Another 4 very difficult away games. If we can continue our recent form, it’s a given whoever comes out best in our games with fife won’t be far away from top spot. 

Kelty (A)

Alloa (A)

Darvel (A)

Alloa (H)

Airdrie (A)

Peterhead (H)

Montrose (A)

Then eight remaining games which three out of last five at home.

59 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Surely the pecking order for our strikers now has to be 1. Burrell 2. Allan 3. Wright and 4. Oliver? Burrell and Allan are ours, out and out strikers, Wright can be used if Burrell and Allan are mis-firing and Oliver is not a striker but a good support for a striker.

Today also highlighted the massive influence Henderson has on our midfield. The minute he went off we seemed to lose all cohesion and it got quite harum scarum at times. Thought it was a poor substitution by McGlynn taking Henderson off unless he had a knock?

Wright would be no4 for me for now, very much a rookie and it all depends on how Allan settles in, playing one up top hardly gives anyone a chance to stake a claim and as results go, we have to trust McGlynn.

I've already suggested the double sub didn't help us, don't think I'd pin it down to one of the subs. I personally would've had Burrell instead of Wright which may have made the change easier instead of bringing two young players who haven't been in the door long.

1 minute ago, MrDust said:

Wright would be no4 for me for now, very much a rookie and it all depends on how Allan settles in, playing one up top hardly gives anyone a chance to stake a claim and as results go, we have to trust McGlynn.

I've already suggested the double sub didn't help us, don't think I'd pin it down to one of the subs. I personally would've had Burrell instead of Wright which may have made the change easier instead of bringing two young players who haven't been in the door long.

Mcglynn perhaps thought it was a decent chance to give the new boys a bit of game time with us two up and cruising. He probably wasn't expecting the ref to make the game far closer than it was.

Guest Ecosse83

Burrell still best coming off the bench for me, think he needs a wee bit more experience to be consistent enough from the start but hopefully that comes! 

It’s great that Mcglynn has these problems though! 

Edited by Ecosse83