The Falkirk FC Thread

On 26/01/2023 at 19:16, FFC 1876 said:

I remember him looking even smaller in those preseason games than he is now. Didn't do horrifically in the games he played he was just still a bit raw.

He played in five pre-season games. Away to The New Saints in Wales, Aberdeen at Arbroath, Airdrie at home, Cove Rangers at Montrose and away to Alloa after we signed Dylan Mackin on the same day. All were sub appearances. 

Hartley never commented on why he signed Mackin and not Allan. The impression I had at the time is that he was a hard worker who wasn't the biggest but would put the ball in the net if you gave him a chance. As we already had Kevin O Hara under contract, perhaps the feeling was that both were similar in playstyle whereas Mackin offered something different. 

Jordan Allan (4) .jpg

5 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

He played in five pre-season games. Away to The New Saints in Wales, Aberdeen at Arbroath, Airdrie at home, Cove Rangers at Montrose and away to Alloa after we signed Dylan Mackin on the same day. All were sub appearances. 

Hartley never commented on why he signed Mackin and not Allan. The impression I had at the time is that he was a hard worker who wasn't the biggest but would put the ball in the net if you gave him a chance. As we already had Kevin O Hara under contract, perhaps the feeling was that both were similar in playstyle whereas Mackin offered something different. 

Jordan Allan (4) .jpg

Get a good shot of him scoring tomorrow for the collection.

5 hours ago, Ontovictory said:

Can't believe you'd want to let Nesbitt go. We should be offering him a contract extension now. He's been excellent in a more forward position.

He was also part of the squad that downed tools previously. I think I'd be waiting to see what league we are in next season before rushing to offer Nesbitt a contract. Levels. 

56 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Jordan Allan (4) .jpg

The squad and season were horrific but that away strip was fantastic I thought.

10 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Similar except for the putting the ball in the net part

15 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Exactly pal, always gave me a sense of superiority that I had risen above that bile. Even when they were winning league titles, cups etc I would never have swapped following the Bairns for what they had.

Always looked on these people as Trophy Hunters not Football Fans and have had many a good time winding them up over the years.

You will never believe this but I do have a knack winding people up.

9 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Always looked on these people as Trophy Hunters not Football Fans and have had many a good time winding them up over the years.

You will never believe this but I do have a knack winding people up.

Possibly somewhere around 95% of OF 'fans' follow them due to either glory hunting or bigotry. Some of the individuals may not be glory hunters or bigots in themselves but their father, grandfather etc etc will have been. There will be a tiny minority that support them for other reasons.

40 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

For the other 5 percent it's both.

Another lifetime ago I used to work "doon the watter" and to augment my meagre income I worked in a pub in the evening and at weekends. Of course, come the Glasgow Fair the place was packed. The landlord was from Glasgow and a brilliant guy, a musician and really witty. All the Glaswegians would be talking to him and asking, "Where are you from?" and he would tell them. Next came the "innocent" question: "What school did you go to?" to which he would reply, "St. Ibrox" They just couldn't get their heads around the answer!

12 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Another lifetime ago I used to work "doon the watter" and to augment my meagre income I worked in a pub in the evening and at weekends. Of course, come the Glasgow Fair the place was packed. The landlord was from Glasgow and a brilliant guy, a musician and really witty. All the Glaswegians would be talking to him and asking, "Where are you from?" and he would tell them. Next came the "innocent" question: "What school did you go to?" to which he would reply, "St. Ibrox" They just couldn't get their heads around the answer!

Used to do a lot of work in Belfast, the “innocent” question tended to be “do you watch the football?”

2 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

Possibly somewhere around 95% of OF 'fans' follow them due to either glory hunting or bigotry. Some of the individuals may not be glory hunters or bigots in themselves but their father, grandfather etc etc will have been. There will be a tiny minority that support them for other reasons.

Sadly true. When I move to Aberdeen in the late 1980's post Aberdeens Cup Winners Cup was amazed at the staunch Celtic and devout Rangers supporters or is it the other way round born and bred in Aberdeenshire with no Glasgow connection that cheered on the bigot brothers.

The rage at being referred to as Trophy Hunters was most entertaining.

Deserve every piss take that comes their way

Another solid performance and good win, particularly given the Dunfermline result. Sadly another very poor refereeing performance.

Mckay, Morrison and Kennedy best for us. I felt the subs unsettled us a bit towards the end.

I wouldn’t be shocked to see Burrell looking for a move over the next few days as he won’t be content being fourth choice striker in a one upfront formation.

You feel a natural wide option might’ve been a better loan move than Wright.