The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Enjoy it while it lasts mate, good to see fans of a team who have always bounced about the lower leagues get a wee taste of success, no matter how you get there. At least unlike Livi, Gretna etc etc you’se have history. 

Agree re. The history mate. Pity the people of Glasgow won’t get behind them due to the bigot brothers. I read that QP have the lowest support in Scotland as a % of their towns population.

Just now, Otis Blue said:

Any good?

One of the few I didn’t hate last season. Some really really good qualities. Pace and a pretty good finisher, decent with his feet. Sadly, got worse the more time he spent with us, but that seemed to happen to everyone under our previous couple of “‘managers”. 

Lots of Falkirk fans won’t remember him as fondly as I did. 

I think there is definitely potential there. However, most fans on here will tell you he downed tools pretty quickly last year ( but then so did everyone). Paton and Kabia could perform quite a lethal partnership tbh. Much better through the middle than out wide imo. I would say overall a solid enough signing for qos. 

46 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Aye, so...

Fenton was on loan at Berwick and is now back, presumably as cover but hasn't played a League game.

Rennie, Beagley, Hoggan and Young have been youth players only, with Young making his debut in the Challenge Cup on Tuesday. 

Tod and Sutherland are youth players who have been on the bench occasionally but the most they've been seen is a few minutes here and there in cup ties that are winding down.

So probably a first team squad of 18 (was 19 when Fisher was on loan) with 7 youth players who can sit on a bench. 

18 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Agree re. The history mate. Pity the people of Glasgow won’t get behind them due to the bigot brothers. I read that QP have the lowest support in Scotland as a % of their towns population.

Must be murder having to compete with bigotry pal. If I was born in Glasgow it would be QP, Thistle or Clyde for me. Couldn’t stomach following either of the arse cheeks.

7 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Must be murder having to compete with bigotry pal. If I was born in Glasgow it would be QP, Thistle or Clyde for me. Couldn’t stomach following either of the arse cheeks.

The sad thing is mate we were both brought in Grangemouth and even we were in the minority as Falkirk fans.

Multiple buses full of bigots leaving in droves from the Maharatta, Ellwyn, Avongrange and Wood Street for years.

1 hour ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

From the way McGlynn is talking, I'd be surprised if we see Paul Watson play for us again

Hopefully neither he nor Williamson will ever feature again for us. I don't mean that it a bad way, rather that Rowe, Donaldson, McKay and Mackie avoid suspension and injury and perform to a level that means Watson and Williamson aren't required.

Let's face it, it's highly likely that both are going to be released in the summer anyway.

21 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

One of the few I didn’t hate last season. Some really really good qualities. Pace and a pretty good finisher, decent with his feet. Sadly, got worse the more time he spent with us, but that seemed to happen to everyone under our previous couple of “‘managers”. 

Lots of Falkirk fans won’t remember him as fondly as I did. 

21 minutes ago, Big chungus said:

I think there is definitely potential there. However, most fans on here will tell you he downed tools pretty quickly last year ( but then so did everyone). Paton and Kabia could perform quite a lethal partnership tbh. Much better through the middle than out wide imo. I would say overall a solid enough signing for qos. 

Cheers guys! 👍

4 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

The sad thing is mate we were both brought in Grangemouth and even we were in the minority as Falkirk fans.

Multiple buses full of bigots leaving in droves from the Maharatta, Ellwyn, Avongrange and Wood Street for years.

And i am glad to say none of those pubs are there today,last time i was in the Ellwyn was for a funeral and as the guy was a Falkirk fan none of the bigots dared show face as he was a well known Grangemouth man.

5 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Exactly pal, always gave me a sense of superiority that I had risen above that bile. Even when they were winning league titles, cups etc I would never have swapped following the Bairns for what they had.

22 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Born in Glasgow. Brought up as a Celtic fan. Abandoned them for the navy blue as soon as I was old enough to see sense. FTOF. 

59 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Any good?

Pros - Quick. Decent feet. Decent shot and finish.

Cons - I got really fed up with him throwing himself to the ground looking for fouls, when he could have actually stood on his feet and won the ball fairly. I can think of at least one occasion he did this and we lost possession leading to a goal while he was falsely rolling about 

In summary when he arrived and after a few games I was quite excited about him. By the time he left I wasnt bothered at all. Wasn't convinced about his approach to the game and attitude 

27 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Pros - Quick. Decent feet. Decent shot and finish.

Cons - I got really fed up with him throwing himself to the ground looking for fouls, when he could have actually stood on his feet and won the ball fairly. I can think of at least one occasion he did this and we lost possession leading to a goal while he was falsely rolling about 

In summary when he arrived and after a few games I was quite excited about him. By the time he left I wasnt bothered at all. Wasn't convinced about his approach to the game and attitude 

Can't remember what game it was but i jumped up shouting stop fucking diving.

1 hour ago, Otis Blue said:

Any good?

Quick, skillfull and loves winding up the opposition. Unfortunately once he's wound them up he spends the rest of the game going down very easily. Definitely a player there and I'd have happily had him back as an option but not the finished article. Very similar to Paton so playing both together would be interesting.