The Falkirk FC Thread

17 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Euan Henderson joins Queens Park. Hard to compete with a team flying in the champ. Great he's not gone to another league 1 side.

QP have a really good chance of going up and he’ll score a lot of goals given the chances they create.

Not sure how they can sustain their level of spending for long given their lack crowds though.

17 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

I think he'll sit on the bench till his contract runs out in the summer, he'll know his game time is limited now. Watson hasn't really done much wrong he's just had a bad injury and there is adequate cover in his position but I think he'll be gone aswell. Williamson too. Nesbitt is the conundrum. Too much water under the bridge and his crap performances outweigh the good.  I wouldn't keep him but McGlynn seems to favour him. Whether that changes with the new signings coming in remains to be seen. 

Can't believe you'd want to let Nesbitt go. We should be offering him a contract extension now. He's been excellent in a more forward position.

14 minutes ago, Ontovictory said:

Can't believe you'd want to let Nesbitt go. We should be offering him a contract extension now. He's been excellent in a more forward position.

I agree, I think since Henderson has moved into midfield Nesbitt has been immense, to be fair he was pretty good before that.

Nesbitt has been much improved in recent games, but I’d be wanting to see that continue over the rest of the season before offering a contract extension given the majority of his performances over his 18 month spell.

I’d have reservations about whether he’d be the standard required for the championship.

7 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Going by your squadlist you have 25...

Albeit a fair bit more of yours are academy prospects.

Who is that 25 including? 

If they're playing in the youth Cup tonight, then they're probably not first team... 

1 hour ago, Kircer bairn said:

Wow - it never fails to amaze me how people hide behind the mask of keyboard warriors. The fact that s/he has one deleted all their posts is one sure indication of fear of exposure.

Personally speaking I find it sad yet not surprising that that a bruised ego resorts to bitter expression but guess that’s human nature at its worst.

The swipe at everyone and everything in that last post kind of screamed out  “massive immaturity “.

Whether we like it or not, MR & SA were the two who stepped up alongside the original BtB, and pulled the club out of the fire of provisional liquidation…..remember, there was no administration back then.

We can all be quick to pull the trigger on the stuff that went wrong thereafter, and that’s fair enough I guess, but the good stuff they have done should never be lost in the story of the last 25 years. They entrusted the club to individuals who on the face it, looked to be well meaning and competent. Of course, too many of them turned out to be grossly incompetent, and self serving.

Sure, there are still things that can be improved upon, but that has always been the case. The thing that should be important to all of us is that the current Board (I hate the word “regime”……it’s a word you hear being used in the British media to describe a government we don’t like), are honest brokers. In my personal experience, they put right a wrong that amply demonstrated how low some of the previous lot were prepared to go.

I am quietly hopeful and confident that the new Board’s honesty and competence will keep the club going in the right direction.

If we don’t catch the Fifers (and let’s face it, it’s theirs to lose), then M&S are now putting together a side that just might be good enough to sweep through the play offs……….something last season’s team would never have achieved (had they sneaked into 4th place).

Was it D Ream who sang that things can only get better? Here’s hoping.