The Falkirk FC Thread

12 minutes ago, Bairnoftheyear said:

Been a great couple of weeks to be a Falkirk fan. Huge thanks to the old regime for first off stepping and saving the club and secondly help fund our title charge. Also fair play to the new guys, it must’ve been embarrassing going cap in hand to the guys you spent the last few years slating and in some cases personally abusing  so good for you for putting that aside for the good of the club. For all the new regime have said the right things it’s the old guys actually saving the club and funding the signings. 

Good grief, bitterness overload.

Guest Brockvillenomore
1 hour ago, Rugster said:

boydy.jpg.9d485a598f5274c927647419622e5644.jpg

This level of bitterness, barely concealed anger, resentment of the recent changes, effort to diminish the obvious improvements and a slavish cult like loyalty to the former regime is very informative. 

93613A69-1905-4C7B-94F3-71585CC4BAB8.jpeg

Edited by Brockvillenomore

1 hour ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Good grief, bitterness overload.

Crazy! I see the poster has obviously read it back and decided to delete the comment now, have you ever read anything more bitter and deluded?! If it wasn’t so sad it would be hilarious and all from a supposed Falkirk fan, I give up with some folk. 

4 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Crazy! I see the poster has obviously read it back and decided to delete the comment now, have you ever read anything more bitter and deluded?! If it wasn’t so sad it would be hilarious and all from a supposed Falkirk fan, I give up with some folk. 

All his/her posts have disappeared...

7 hours ago, Rugster said:

All his/her posts have disappeared...

Good riddance but will most likely re-appear or if I was being cynical possibly already posts under another alias going by the narrative and tone of that last post! 👀 ……..It does go to show there’s a minority of “fans” amongst us (and I do only mean a very small handful) that would happily see the club derailed just to prove a point or fit an agenda regardless of the facts and evidence in front of them. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

16 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

The reality was that there was animosity before last December. 
However for the good of the club the protagonists involved clearly have a relationship that is now working for the good of the club. 
It seems like others now on the outside are a little sore. It is almost as if they want the fans to fail in running the club so they - whoever they are - can get back in the door. 

Edited by Back Post Misses

17 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

The reality was that there was animosity before last December. 
However for the good of the club the protagonists involved clearly have a relationship that is now working for the good of the club. 
It seems like others now on the outside are a little sore. It is almost as if they want the fans to fail in running the club so they - whoever they are - can get back in the door. 

That's been pretty obvious every now and again you see the posts whenever someone has a bit of ITK info folk have a moan at leaks in fact they point out any mistake given by the new regime and in all honesty the new regime has got more right than they have wrong so the contrast is pretty much night and day.  Obviously someone upset at losing their boardroom hospitality because one of their mates was part of the old guard.

Guest Ecosse83

Got to laugh at some weird posts on here having a go at the new board and how the club is being run. They have done a great job in a short space of time and the feel good factor is definitely back for me. Still a long way for us to go but we are finally moving forward! 

Probably get pumped tomorrow now 😂🤦‍♂️

17 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

That's been pretty obvious every now and again you see the posts whenever someone has a bit of ITK info folk have a moan at leaks in fact they point out any mistake given by the new regime and in all honesty the new regime has got more right than they have wrong so the contrast is pretty much night and day.  Obviously someone upset at losing their boardroom hospitality because one of their mates was part of the old guard.

The good thing now though - and the fans should have this at the front of their minds - is that if the Board are not performing then the supporters can remove them. That was not the case before Fan Ownership

Edited by Back Post Misses

Apologies 4 this.  It's a really REALLY  odd/stupid question. Does anyone on the Falkirk forum know anything about a famous UFO photo, the Calvine UFO encounter. I ask on here because apparently 1 of the lads who took the (quite) famous photo is a Falkirk supporter .

He has remained annoyomous for 30 years,and I actually hope he stays that way,must be a reason( my gut tells me why)but if anyone knows of circumstances I'd love to find out more as long as there confidence is not broken. 

I actually do LOVE my football, I'm a massive Sheffield Wednesday fan.......no laughing 😁

The change that has occurred since patrons and FFS took a part in running the club has been brilliant. Okay we have an operational deficit but now we are aware of it and working towards dealing with it. Not everything has been perfect like the email re FSS uptake but a lesson was learned and most importantly admitted to.

On the playing side ( most important for most fans ) we now have a manager I trust and a squad that is much better than we could have wildly imagined this time last year. Promotion this year is still a possibility but Dunfermline appear to be playing well so we still need that wee bit luck.

Very positive for the first time since the early Houston era.

COYB

1 hour ago, Brockvillenomore said:

This level of bitterness, barely concealed anger, resentment of the recent changes, effort to diminish the obvious improvements and a slavish cult like loyalty to the former regime is very informative. 

93613A69-1905-4C7B-94F3-71585CC4BAB8.jpeg

Should change their name to BellendoftheYear. My god, support your team or just bugger off. 

9 minutes ago, Craig1876 said:

Should change their name to BellendoftheYear. My god, support your team or just bugger off. 

Wow - it never fails to amaze me how people hide behind the mask of keyboard warriors. The fact that s/he has one deleted all their posts is one sure indication of fear of exposure.

Personally speaking I find it sad yet not surprising that that a bruised ego resorts to bitter expression but guess that’s human nature at its worst.

1 hour ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Nisbet to Millwall falls through. Wee shame for the Pars that 

Heard a whisper that he might be heading to Swans in a deal similar to Ofabemi’s move to Burnley, namely initial loan & obligation to buy in summer. If true then no immediate financial gain for Pars but any least it will assist their budget for next year.

10 minutes ago, Kircer bairn said:

Heard a whisper that he might be heading to Swans in a deal similar to Ofabemi’s move to Burnley, namely initial loan & obligation to buy in summer. If true then no immediate financial gain for Pars but any least it will assist their budget for next year.

If I was unfortunate enough to be a hibbie id be raging at that.

Edited by Shodwall cat

1 hour ago, Patch said:

Apologies 4 this.  It's a really REALLY  odd/stupid question. Does anyone on the Falkirk forum know anything about a famous UFO photo, the Calvine UFO encounter. I ask on here because apparently 1 of the lads who took the (quite) famous photo is a Falkirk supporter .

He has remained annoyomous for 30 years,and I actually hope he stays that way,must be a reason( my gut tells me why)but if anyone knows of circumstances I'd love to find out more as long as there confidence is not broken. 

I actually do LOVE my football, I'm a massive Sheffield Wednesday fan.......no laughing 😁

Sorry, can’t help, but it’s probably a Bonnybridge thing. Council Member William Buchanan would be the best guy to contact.

A844443F-88EE-464C-B0F3-E8D8DDE23B4D.jpeg

1 hour ago, Patch said:

Nothing to laugh about there mate! And you've got one of our all time favourite players in your team this season, Will Vaulks, a brilliant lad!

Edited by Bairn in Exile