The Falkirk FC Thread

Strikes me we are now properly planning as a football club again.

Manager who knows how he wants to play. He knows what type of player he wants and doesn’t just sign anyone unless he really wants them. 

While we clearly still have financial challenges it seems the management of the club is starting to give the manager the stability to do his job properly. 

If we can keep on the Fifers coat tails till we have the two games against them I think yesterday could have been quite a significant day. 

Edited by Back Post Misses

14 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Strikes me we are now properly planning as a football club again.

Manager who knows how he wants to play. He knows what type of player he wants and doesn’t just sign anyone unless he really wants them. 

While we clearly still have financial challenges it seems the management of the club is starting to give the manager the stability to do his job properly. 

If we can keep on the Fifers coat tails till we have the two games against them I think yesterday could have been quite a significant day. 

Hope so, because ultimately we will be in won or bust territory in the games against them. I don't think there will be an issue with staying there or thereabouts, but they aren't going to hand it to us. 

You have to imagine that they might yet give us the two points required that puts it into "its at least in our own hands" territory. 

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Agree with the sentiments about Lawal. What shortcoming he has are more than superceded by his ball carrying and ability to beat a man, his clever feet in tight situations and his threat in front of goal. 

Regardless of Nesbitts form and Meekisons potential, I'd still be willing to hear arguments that Lawal is the best of the 3 of them if its a choice of those three for the one role. Il be disappointed in McGlynn if the intention here is that Lawal us surplus, but I seriously doubt that it is. That boy is a bona fide game changer. They don't come along often. 

Between Lawal, Nesbitt, and Meekison, they’ll need to compete for the number 10 jersey. Whoever’s on form will play. Exactly the competition McGlynn wants. 

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

Surely that's not right, as then you could bring in as many loans from down south as you wanted?

I thought it was just 5 loans in at the one time? I've actually miscounted right enough as the two signings yesterday take us up to 5 so by my reckoning we don't have anymore left.

You can yes, and teams do regularly. In the Romanov days Hearts had about a dozen players on loan from Kaunas.

There is a proposal floating about since pre-Covid to limit international loans in number per club but it hasn't gone through yet. There's currently no limit.

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

Surely that's not right, as then you could bring in as many loans from down south as you wanted?

I thought it was just 5 loans in at the one time? I've actually miscounted right enough as the two signings yesterday take us up to 5 so by my reckoning we don't have anymore left.

I think as per the twitter spat regarding the term loans, cross border loans are actually temporary transfers so no limits. There are limits along the lines quoted for domestic loans/ temporary transfers.

Is there anybody else like me thinking that maybe we should have put off signing Allan until Sunday? You know, have the deal all set up, just the signature on the dotted line required, but leaving him at Clyde on the chance that he is able to score a couple and maybe take 2 or 3 points off our Friends across the Forth? 🤔

Guest Ecosse83
56 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Is there anybody else like me thinking that maybe we should have put off signing Allan until Sunday? You know, have the deal all set up, just the signature on the dotted line required, but leaving him at Clyde on the chance that he is able to score a couple and maybe take 2 or 3 points off our Friends across the Forth? 🤔

Hmm I think I’d prefer him to play for us and help us beat Edinburgh, I like the thinking though 😂👏

Edited by Ecosse83

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Aye maybe. I have always had the impression McGlynn is a fa of Sean Mackie. I felt like McCann really had to work to displace him and at the early stages was always convinced McGlynn wanted Mackie in there. 

If he ever gets fit, we may well end the season with Donaldson & Watson

2 minutes ago, Bairnoftheyear said:

Been a great couple of weeks to be a Falkirk fan. Huge thanks to the old regime for first off stepping and saving the club and secondly help fund our title charge. Also fair play to the new guys, it must’ve been embarrassing going cap in hand to the guys you spent the last few years slating and in some cases personally abusing  so good for you for putting that aside for the good of the club. For all the new regime have said the right things it’s the old guys actually saving the club and funding the signings. 

Oaft 😂😂😂😂😂

3 minutes ago, Bairnoftheyear said:

Been a great couple of weeks to be a Falkirk fan. Huge thanks to the old regime for first off stepping and saving the club and secondly help fund our title charge. Also fair play to the new guys, it must’ve been embarrassing going cap in hand to the guys you spent the last few years slating and in some cases personally abusing  so good for you for putting that aside for the good of the club. For all the new regime have said the right things it’s the old guys actually saving the club and funding the signings. 

🤣

2 minutes ago, Bairnoftheyear said:

Save this type of pish for Facebook please. This patter is boring enough on one site without needing to bring it to another. 😴😴😴

boydy.jpg.9d485a598f5274c927647419622e5644.jpg

11 minutes ago, Bairnoftheyear said: