The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

Liked the look of Allen in the 3 each draw at Clyde. His two goals that day were real strikers goals. One touch and hit both tremendous finishes. He gave Henderson a torrid time of it despite his lack of inches.  Double figures in that Clyde team isn't a bad effort at all. Looks like we're trying to sign anyone that's scored a double against the pars this season.

Agree, maybe he had a worldly, but if he can produce that level of finishing, I’m on board 

Guest FFC1965

Here is out starting XI in the first match after the January window last year.  At best one or two would get into our strongest XI now.  That has been a very productive twelve months.  Hats off to McGlynn & the BOD.  

Robbie Mutch
    Ryan Williamson
    Paul Dixon
    Paul Watson
    Brad McKay
    Aaron Taylor-Sinclair
    Charlie Telfer
    Keaghan Jacobs
    Anton Dowds
    Jaze Kabia
    Craig McGuffie

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Everyone will have their own views on the ins and outs of this window however what cannot be disputed is that McGlynn has made us a far better team with a far better squad than we had 12 months ago.

I am one very content Bairn.

The additions have been one thing (and very, very welcome) but I’m very impressed at quite how much deadwood he’s managed to shift in a January window. Massive kudos for that.

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

Morrison
Rowe Donaldson Mackie Mccann
McGinn Henderson
Morrison Meekison Kennedy
Allan

I'm hoping we continue with Henderson in the middle of the park as he's looked much better in there and it'll allow Meekison and McGinn to go affect the game. Allan up top on his own will be an interesting one but hopefully with the amount of chances we create he'll be on the end of a fair few of them.

Still got Lawal to come back to challenge Meekison/Nesbitt for the number 10 role. 

Saturday's starting line up now becomes very interesting, I reckon Allan upfront will be the only change from last weekend.

I doubt we'll see any of todays signings in the starting line up on Saturday.  Burrell has earned the right to replace Oliver up front and the rest will be unchanged if Kennedy is still here. 

What the new guys do give us is more quality from the bench and hopefully they'll be pushing hard to take places in the starting XI. 

Can't see any way back for Lawal with the Meekison signing though, McGlynn didn't fancy him before to start and now we have Nesbitt and Meekison in the same role.  A shame as rated Lawal from the flashes we saw.  

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

Squad's up to a nice healthy 24 now with plenty of competition for places, wouldn't be surprised to see Watson & Malcolm leave before next week.

If we're being greedy I wouldn't mind another winger in, we do still have one loan left to use.

Goalkeeper 
Brian Kinnear - On loan from West Ham
PJ Morrison

Defenders
Ryan Williamson
Brad Mckay
Leon McCann
Paul Watson
Liam Henderson
Coll Donaldson
Sean Mackie
Blaine Rowe - On loan from Coventry

Midfielders
Archie Meekison - On loan from Dundee United
Stephen Mcginn
Callumn Morrison
Aidan Nesbitt
Craig Mcguffie
Finn Yeats
Pearse Carroll (A)
Kai Kennedy - On loan from Rangers
Ola Lawal

Strikers
Jordan Allan
Matthew Wright - On loan from Ross County
Rumarn Burrell
Gary Oliver
Finlay Malcolm

That's huge for club at our level. Few leaving then?

18 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

I doubt we'll see any of todays signings in the starting line up on Saturday.  Burrell has earned the right to replace Oliver up front and the rest will be unchanged if Kennedy is still here. 

What the new guys do give us is more quality from the bench and hopefully they'll be pushing hard to take places in the starting XI. 

Can't see any way back for Lawal with the Meekison signing though, McGlynn didn't fancy him before to start and now we have Nesbitt and Meekison in the same role.  A shame as rated Lawal from the flashes we saw.  

What a luxury though. Players who fans would like to see given game time who might just not get it due to others contributing more. Been a long time since that has happened

12 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

As a comparison Dunfermline have a squad of 25 but they've got a fair few more youngsters than us in their squad. 

We've got Yeats & Carroll who are essentially academy players and 4 loans in Kinnear, Rowe, Meekison & Wright.

I don't think we'll have to move on anyone it just makes sense to let some go if they're most likely not going to get any playing time.

Malcolm and Watson being the two I reckon will be most likely to leave. Probably hard to shift Watson on given his injury and possible wages but you never know.

51 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Mind when our Fife friends told us we were up the tubes because we were selling 10 year season tickets? 🤣 When in actual fact, we’ve paid a fee for the leagues 3rd top scorer. Bliss.

Tick tock.....

33 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

I'd be massively disappointed if that turns out to be the case. Fair enough, he struggled for game time for the first few months, but, when finally given his opportunity, he showed exactly what he was about, able to pick up the ball in midfield and drive right at the heart of a defence. Capable of scoring as few as well. Really like him and I would not be discarding him so prematurely. Injuries, suspension, loss of form - we'll need a squad if we are to get to where we want to go. In all honesty, I'd want him back to fitness and available for selection as soon as possible. Can never have enough options. To that end, if's there's one further bit of business to be done it's surely got to be holding onto Kennedy for the remainder of the season. For all that today's business is incredibly promising - on paper - losing Kennedy would be a real blow. Probably would not have been saying that eight weeks ago, but much improved now. 

……….and even a fully fit Williamson isn’t going to get a game now. Of course, he could sign a pre-contract with whoever might want him, but clubs that want him are going to be pretty thin on the ground.

As good a January window as I can remember. Shifting deadwood and replacing with upgrades, giving us reason to look forward to a strong 2nd half of season. Cant see Williamson or Watson being here much longer, and hoping Kennedy will stay the rest of season. Jordan Allen impressed in the 3-3, and maybe a poacher is what we need for all the chances we create. By my reckoning, we have cover in every position of the team, given how versatile our players are, and also have depth on the bench. An amazing turnaround by McGlynn & Smith in a very short time. Looking forward to the run in now and an extended cup run. 

56 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

Matchday squad's 20(starting 11 & 9 on the bench) and you can make up to 5 substitutions per match so 24's not that bad really when you take injuries and suspensions into account. 

Edited by FFC 1876

44 minutes ago, AGPar said:

I'd be massively disappointed if that turns out to be the case. Fair enough, he struggled for game time for the first few months, but, when finally given his opportunity, he showed exactly what he was about, able to pick up the ball in midfield and drive right at the heart of a defence. Capable of scoring as few as well. Really like him and I would not be discarding him so prematurely. Injuries, suspension, loss of form - we'll need a squad if we are to get to where we want to go. In all honesty, I'd want him back to fitness and available for selection as soon as possible. Can never have enough options. To that end, if's there's one further bit of business to be done it's surely got to be holding onto Kennedy for the remainder of the season. For all that today's business is incredibly promising - on paper - losing Kennedy would be a real blow. Probably would not have been saying that eight weeks ago, but much improved now. 

I think we should be trying to extend Lawal and Burrell's contracts now if we can. I appreciate that it may be difficult to commit funds at the moment because we don't know what level we'll be playing at next season, but we should certainly be exploring the possibilities.

13 minutes ago, Senator Frimpton said:

If the writing on Mcguffies wall gets any bigger he'll need to build an extension

I think he'll sit on the bench till his contract runs out in the summer, he'll know his game time is limited now. Watson hasn't really done much wrong he's just had a bad injury and there is adequate cover in his position but I think he'll be gone aswell. Williamson too. Nesbitt is the conundrum. Too much water under the bridge and his crap performances outweigh the good.  I wouldn't keep him but McGlynn seems to favour him. Whether that changes with the new signings coming in remains to be seen. 

2 hours ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Really? Lawal is one of ours, Meekison is merely a loan signing. Lawal is getting better and better with every game that he plays, I hope that he is here for the long term.

Edited by Bairn in Exile