The Falkirk FC Thread

12 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

f**k off.

12 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

f**k off.

I genuinely put that out today though frustration. Had no clue what was happening today. Not that some will believe me

Edited by Back Post Misses

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

Noticed earlier that this post had 4 red dots which later reduced to 3. I knew who had given the greenie before I looked!

Don’t understand the greenie from a Falkirk fan to be honest. I’d written him off last season but the boys been one of our better players for the majority of this season, has 4 goals and with 11 assists he’s created more goals than any other player in our league. Fair fucks to him and long may it continue. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

Guest Ecosse83

Well finished my lunch thinking the admin had done us right up to then finish work with 3 shiny new signings. Fantastic work 👏

Edited by Ecosse83

4 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Don’t understand the greenie from a Falkirk fan to be honest. I’d written him off last season but the boys been one of our better players for the majority of the season, has 4 goals and with 11 assists he’s created more goals than any other player in our league. Fair fucks to him and long may it continue. 

If you can't eat humble pie and recognise the massive improvement McGlynn has effected in Nesbitt then football isn't for you

11 minutes ago, Aufc said:

Quite surprised falkirk paying a fee foe Jordan Allan. Not a bad player. Tried hard. However, ultimately wasn’t good enough for us last season and went to Clyde. I hope he does well though. 

Matthew wright from county is a good player. I’d be playing him over Allan

Its more likely to be a nominal fee and/or structured. It's common knowledge we are skint so it's surprising we even paid a fee in the first instance. 

30 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Paul Hartley summer of madness season.

Can't remember why he didn't sign but I'll check my records when I get home in a couple of hours. I'm still at the stadium just now as all the new Under 16s are signing tonight. 

I remember him looking even smaller in those preseason games than he is now. Didn't do horrifically in the games he played he was just still a bit raw.

Edited by FFC 1876

12 minutes ago, David W said:

He can score a goal and he works hard defensively. No doubt he's been a rare positive for Clyde.

However, his hold up play is basically non existent. I think he probably works too hard chasing defenders, then is caught on his heels when he has to take part in the attacking phase.

I'd be amazed if he's starting up front for Falkirk at the end of a 2.5 year contract.

Got to say that is my thoughts too, paying money and giving a 2 and a half year contract to him seems quite bizarre.

He seems to have done well at Clyde this year but he's the type of player who is quite well suited to playing in a terrible side - his strengths are chasing down defenders and running in behind, both things he'll have been able to do at Clyde this year. In a more dominant side playing against sides who'll be sitting deeper I'd imagine he'll not be able to offer as much. As you say there is nothing to his game in possession, he's an okay finisher and works hard, but the idea of him being the main striker in a side looking for promotion is strange.

More than happy to proven wrong, as was mentioned he works hard and gives his all. But if I was a Dunfermline fan looking over my shoulder to see whether Falkirk might be ready to mount a challenge I'd be pretty happy if that's the level of signing.

2 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

Jordan Allan only on a one year deal so we've probably paid peanuts in the grand scheme (remaining months of his contract perhaps?).

Sounds good tho 🤑

It’s a 2.5 year deal. 

https://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/2023/01/26/jordan-allan-signs-for-the-bairns/?fbclid=IwAR1vsa-l14lHc4YzfNp9LqGbxfQMnrS7UCn1KWhGO9fUniz4-_bntJqlTSg

Edited by LatapyBairn.

32 minutes ago, Russ said:

Nah he missed the penalty in that game was saved by Mutch.

Pretty sure it was 2019/20 our first season down we had him on trial? Might be misremembering but for some reason I can picture him at the Aberdeen game in Arbroath.

Guest Brockvillenomore
34 minutes ago, Bairnoftheyear said:

Must be a coincidence. No leaks. 

Puzzled how a wish or a moan can be read this way.  Is there any logic here, or is it just a windup. 

Or am I missing something here? 

20 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

We were never skint. Just temporarily misplaced 4 or 5 hundred thousand navy blue pounds. But then we found them again and now we are back baby 

The NBP is stronger than GBP these days 

Edited by lanky_ffc