The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, ShaggerG said:

Can't see McGlynn abandoning the one up front system now and neither he should as it's been working well. Given that Oliver is seen as a better option than Burrell in the role it would seem that it's between Allan and Wright to play there. I've no idea who the better choice would be TBH.

Think Allan getting the number 9 and McGlynn describing Wright as a young lad who still has to learn tells you all you need to know about who's going to be the starter.

4 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Two more to complete the starfish?

McGlynn said before Algeria departed that he was looking to bring in two or possibly three. 

We've now signed four so it's not impossible that could be the end of the January spree. I'm sure Lewis will ask the question after the game on Saturday. May depend on whether Kennedy gets recalled by Rangers. 

Just now, Bainsfordbairn said:

McGlynn said before Algeria departed that he was looking to bring in two or possibly three. 

We've now signed four so it's not impossible that could be the end of the January spree. I'm sure Lewis will ask the question after the game on Saturday. May depend on whether Kennedy gets recalled by Rangers. 

I'm just trying to keep the starfish dream alive, there's no actual sense in my post.

When was it we had Allan in on trial? Was just after he'd been released from Wolves and he played in a few trial games for us. Trying to rack my brain for who the manager was and who we ended up signing instead.

It was also Allan that got Robbie Mutch sent off in that dreaded game against Forfar at the Falkirk stadium a few seasons ago, then stepped up and buried the penalty.

24 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Can't see McGlynn abandoning the one up front system now and neither he should as it's been working well. Given that Oliver is seen as a better option than Burrell in the role it would seem that it's between Allan and Wright to play there. I've no idea who the better choice would be TBH.

We’ve gone from Oliver up top for 70 mins and Burrell coming on for a cameo to Allan Wright and Burrell battling it out to play striker and Oliver 4th choice. 

What a day. 

He can score a goal and he works hard defensively. No doubt he's been a rare positive for Clyde.

However, his hold up play is basically non existent. I think he probably works too hard chasing defenders, then is caught on his heels when he has to take part in the attacking phase.

I'd be amazed if he's starting up front for Falkirk at the end of a 2.5 year contract.

15 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

When was it we had Allan in on trial? Was just after he'd been released from Wolves and he played in a few trial games for us. Trying to rack my brain for who the manager was and who we ended up signing instead.

It was also Allan that got Robbie Mutch sent off in that dreaded game against Forfar at the Falkirk stadium a few seasons ago, then stepped up and buried the penalty.

It was the start of last season, we signed Wilson over him and he went to Airdrie later in the summer

2 minutes ago, Juan Sheet said:

It was the start of last season, we signed Wilson over him and he went to Airdrie later in the summer

Nah it wasn't, that was John Robertson of Edinburgh, we had him a fair few summers ago.

@Bainsfordbairn help me out here please, I'm sure it was when we had Paul Mckay & Brad Spencer in too.

Edited by FFC 1876

22 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Nah he missed the penalty in that game was saved by Mutch.

Pretty sure it was 2019/20 our first season down we had him on trial? Might be misremembering but for some reason I can picture him at the Aberdeen game in Arbroath.

23 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Paul Hartley summer of madness season.

Can't remember why he didn't sign but I'll check my records when I get home in a couple of hours. I'm still at the stadium just now as all the new Under 16s are signing tonight. 

Quite surprised falkirk paying a fee foe Jordan Allan. Not a bad player. Tried hard. However, ultimately wasn’t good enough for us last season and went to Clyde. I hope he does well though. 

Matthew wright from county is a good player. I’d be playing him over Allan

8 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Paul Hartley summer of madness season.

Can't remember why he didn't sign but I'll check my records when I get home in a couple of hours. I'm still at the stadium just now as all the new Under 16s are signing tonight. 

Under 16s aye? You mean the other two starfish signings 👀👍