The Falkirk FC Thread

52 minutes ago, Trump said:

Would have Wright as an Alegria replacement considering Wilson never really played.

Even Rowe for Hetherington isn’t like for like but does allow Yeats back in the middle so think that’s fair.

I was more talking like of like in terms of number of squad players in/ out and wages. In an ideal world Willaimson would have been fit all season and it wouldnt have been such a problem. I do get that pretty much anyone will be able to contribute more than Wilson though :lol:

Hoping McGlynn still has a striker in the pipeline as well given we were surely looking at that as a priority even before Alegria went 

1 hour ago, Pull My Strings said:

Nesbitt's a total show pony, all flair and flicks and falling over and contributing very little constructive to a game. I'd punt Aidan Nesbitt out wide to keep him out the way. Nothing like Meekison. Meekison will take the ball and pass it. That's not Nesbitt's game.

Nb. This is based entirely on Nesbitt's time at United - which wasn't stellar - and so may be entirely unfair on the player he is now (but I fucking doubt it).

Noticed earlier that this post had 4 red dots which later reduced to 3. I knew who had given the greenie before I looked!

Well done to John, Paul and the rest of the management team in getting these players in and hats off to the board in making the finances available to do these deals.

Probably the best January window we’ve had in years, if not ever, with the players we’ve managed to get out the door 👏👏👏

Can't see McGlynn abandoning the one up front system now and neither he should as it's been working well. Given that Oliver is seen as a better option than Burrell in the role it would seem that it's between Allan and Wright to play there. I've no idea who the better choice would be TBH.

2 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

There's your number 9, don't know how I feel about that one. He's an excellent finisher as we witnessed earlier this year but I'm not sure he's a lone striker.

He barely played for us last season as Gallagher was always first choice but I did think he struggled up front on his own in a couple of tough game at Cove and Partick Thistle. He was absolutely fine in that role against weaker teams though and to be fair to him, he didn’t exactly have much around him at Clyde and he’s done incredibly well there this season, so a decent run in a good team who create plenty of chances might allow him to kick on a bit. He certainly puts a shift in and while some Airdrie fans, myself included, were unsure how good he was last season, everyone liked him and really wanted him to do well because of his attitude and work-rate.

1 minute ago, ShaggerG said:

Can't see McGlynn abandoning the one up front system now and neither he should as it's been working well. Given that Oliver is seen as a better option than Burrell in the role it would seem that it's between Allan and Wright to play there. I've no idea who the better choice would be TBH.

Think wright can also play on the wings too so i assume kai is definitely away. Also, I'm pretty sure the loan rule is 4 a season, but i assume that can't be the case then??