The Falkirk FC Thread

5 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I don’t think McGlynn will be sleepwalking into this. He is well aware that our feet are curled over the edge of a cliff in terms of the squad, but he can’t dictate who we will get, or even when we will get them.

Unless there is some glaringly obvious oversight, McGlynn can only be criticised on who we actually get, not those he can’t get. So many variables……does the parent club want to loan them, does the player even want to come, can we afford the contribution to his salary, is he fully fit or will he just spend a few months simply going through the motions.

January is a horrible window, and while it can sometimes come good, more often than not, it doesn’t really change the course of season…..it tends to be the exception, not the rule.

That year when our league was shut down for months for the second year running and Partick went on a run to win the league (and we somehow went from a healthy lead at the top to absolutely bombing down to 5th), did they bring in some reinforcements in January? 

16 minutes ago, superandy_07 said:

McGlynn wheelin' and dealin' with the Teddy Bears

That's the Rangers loan manager Billy Kirkwood. No idea what he's doing there right enough as none of the Rangers loanees are in the squad for Dundee or the scum.

……..and the Fifers have discovered that their rock solid L1 defence is in fact, shit when it comes up against Dundee. Mind you, at least they scored a couple of goals.

2 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

……..and the Fifers have discovered that their rock solid L1 defence is in fact, shit when it comes up against Dundee. Mind you, at least they scored a couple of goals.

Interesting to see how they react to their pumping.

6 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Hopefully losing Fisher see's them concede 4 more often, I doubt Mcpake was playing for a draw against the team who sacked him right enough so that probably helped the scoreline.

Tbf, that’s Dundee pumped the 2 best teams in league 1 albeit in a cup that’s probably not everyone’s top priority.

2 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

😁

2 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Interesting to see how they react to their pumping.

😁

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

Hopefully losing Fisher see's them concede 4 more often, I doubt Mcpake was playing for a draw against the team who sacked him right enough so that probably helped the scoreline.

😁

Seems like you lot are far more interested in this game than we are. Noice.

7 hours ago, da_no_1 said:

😁

😁

😁

Seems like you lot are far more interested in this game than we are. Noice.

As much as I love Falkirk fans and this thread, some of them can be a bit precious. Complaining that Pars fans go on their thread on a multi-club forum and say we're "obsessed" on the one hand, posting memes and multiple posts about us losing on penalties away to a team in the division above on Saturday then losing away to the Championship favourites in the diddiest of Diddy cups (who had beaten their mob 3-f**k all at their own ground in the previous round). Quite odd behaviour really. Part of me hopes we both get promoted to get the banter and big crowds in the Championship but at the same the hilarity of messing it up again and staying in this division is too much to potentially miss. Anyway, for the Falkirk fans worried about our "fixture pile up" you'll be glad to know we have the same number of fixtures to play at time of writing and that our postponed game at Airdrie will be played the same weekend you play Darvel. So thanks for your concern but it isn't needed on this occasion. x

21 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

The bookies will certainly have us as favourites but I think the football community itself will heavily fancy darvel to turn us over.

I don't think there will be much between the odds but we will be favourites via the bookies. The romance of the cup, where Darvel are league wise will have them cuddly favourites. 

17 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

I've stated in a previous post that I think that our priority should be getting promoted but let's see if our game against Darvel can actually work in our favour re: success in the league campaign. We are guaranteed 40k if we lose to Darvel (one new player coming in?) but we get 100k (3 new players coming in?) if we beat them and get through to the quarter finals. So, do we stick or twist? Do we work on the basis that we won't progress in the cup and sign one decent new player? Or, do we take a gamble and assume that we are going to beat Darvel and spend the 100k that we haven't got yet?

We won't go down a George Craig way of running the club again.

We will go and try and win every game that's Infront of us, talk of choosing cup or league is just nonsense.

The only game I recall recently we didn't have the above logic is Celtic away of which I'm sure Holt had an influence on then and onwards