The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, JustLuvinThepian said:

Time marches on.  I appreciate that its hard to get players in during January and that kneejerk signings are not needed.  However, from  what I can see we currently have a squad of 21.  From that:

Three are currently injured (Williamson, Watson and Lawal)

One is considered too young and raw to play (Carroll)

One is not wanted (Malcolm)

One is in danger of being recalled  from  his loan (Kennedy)

With the Cup and rescheduled matches coming up, the squad is very, very thin.  I want the correct signing but we are running into danger of defeating ourselves before we even get on the pitch.   Suspensions and injuries are going to have a major impact

The majority of Scottish premier league teams hold onto their players until the very end of the window once they've done all their business so January's always a nightmare window. It may even be we need to wait until February before getting the right quality in, unless we manage to get another loan from down south.

Barring any injuries or departures(Kennedy) we've got enough quality in the starting 11 at the moment to get through the next three fixtures. It would be nice to have a better option upfront but not an absolute necessity imo. I'd much rather McGlynn was picky with who he brought in than signing a De Vita or a Mcmillan for example, they need to be capable of improving our starting 11.

Edinburgh (A)
Kelty (A)
Alloa (A)

McGlynn said possibly 3 signings but that was before Kinnear came in and he probably already knew that was in the pipe work so I wonder if it'll be 3 on top of Kinnear or just the two more.

If it is 3 I'd hope for a striker, a centre midfielder and a winger, Henderson's been great in the middle of the park beside McGinn right enough so it may be we opt for two strikers and a winger instead.

Centre midfielder - Archie Meekison isn't getting a look in at Dundee United.

Winger - Connor Smith from Hearts again hasn't been near the first team for a while, can play as the 10 as well. 

Striker - Euan Henderson's the easiest shout given his times basically up at Hearts, I think we're more likely looking for someone to bring up from down south.

Edited by FFC 1876

29 minutes ago, Springfield said:

To be fair, there’s been very little movement across most clubs. Suspect it will pick up after Saturdays fixtures. However agree with above post, more than a concern M&S haven’t announced another player at this stage.

I don’t think McGlynn will be sleepwalking into this. He is well aware that our feet are curled over the edge of a cliff in terms of the squad, but he can’t dictate who we will get, or even when we will get them.

Unless there is some glaringly obvious oversight, McGlynn can only be criticised on who we actually get, not those he can’t get. So many variables……does the parent club want to loan them, does the player even want to come, can we afford the contribution to his salary, is he fully fit or will he just spend a few months simply going through the motions.

January is a horrible window, and while it can sometimes come good, more often than not, it doesn’t really change the course of season…..it tends to be the exception, not the rule.

37 minutes ago, falkirkbairn23 said:

Does the loan window end 31/01 or end of Feb?

End of February for Championship to League 2 clubs but I think it's the end of January for any loans from down south. So in February we'd only be able to bring in players on loan from up here.

Edited by FFC 1876

4 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Just listened back & see what you mean. No idea what that is, issue with the mic maybe. 

Another brilliant episode, I reckon you should just have a different member of the FC Edinburgh fans comittee on every week as they've both been excellent in the episodes they've featured in.

31 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

The majority of Scottish premier league teams hold onto their players until the very end of the window once they've done all their business so January's always a nightmare window. It may even be we need to wait until February before getting the right quality in, unless we manage to get another loan from down south.

Barring any injuries or departures(Kennedy) we've got enough quality in the starting 11 at the moment to get through the next three fixtures. It would be nice to have a better option upfront but not an absolute necessity imo. I'd much rather McGlynn was picky with who he brought in than signing a De Vita or a Mcmillan for example, they need to be capable of improving our starting 11.

Edinburgh (A)
Kelty (A)
Alloa (A)

McGlynn said possibly 3 signings but that was before Kinnear came in and he probably already knew that was in the pipe work so I wonder if it'll be 3 on top of Kinnear or just the two more.

If it is 3 I'd hope for a striker, a centre midfielder and a winger, Henderson's been great in the middle of the park beside McGinn right enough so it may be we opt for two strikers and a winger instead.

Centre midfielder - Archie Meekison isn't getting a look in at Dundee United.

Winger - Connor Smith from Hearts again hasn't been near the first team for a while, can play as the 10 as well. 

Striker - Euan Henderson's the easiest shout given his times basically up at Hearts, I think we're more likely looking for someone to bring up from down south.

I like the boy Warnock at Kilmarnock. He'd be a good loan signing if Henderson's out of reach.

Well done on the Falkirk daft podcast again this week guys which I just watched.

Couple of things, well done to Ross on calling the Darvel result (several times) hope you had money on it. Secondly I really like the bit with the guys from the clubs we are about to play on it. I like learning about whats going on as other clubs. This week the piece on FC Edinburgh's stadium, relationship with board, squad strengths and weaknesses were particularly interesting.

Keep it up thanks.

11 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Well done on the Falkirk daft podcast again this week guys which I just watched.

Couple of things, well done to Ross on calling the Darvel result (several times) hope you had money on it. Secondly I really like the bit with the guys from the clubs we are about to play on it. I like learning about whats going on as other clubs. This week the piece on FC Edinburgh's stadium, relationship with board, squad strengths and weaknesses were particularly interesting.

Keep it up thanks.

Cheers mate, appreciated. Sadly didn’t put cash on it 🤦🏼‍♂️

It’s been great having the other teams fans on too yeah. Guest pundits (Bairns) are usually good value too 👏🏻

We’ll have news on a one off FD Live soon in a town centre venue pre match, hopefully an away fan will come that day too 👀😂

22 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Another brilliant episode, I reckon you should just have a different member of the FC Edinburgh fans comittee on every week as they've both been excellent in the episodes they've featured in.

Cheers! Yeah both have gave great updates and insights into what’s going on there. 

35 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

The 1986 mid week 3 all draw. Nearest I ever saw to there being a riot at Brockville.

Couple of goals from Silky. Winning at half time, but Aberdeen clearly got to the ref as he was as good as a twelfth man for the second half doing everything possible to help Aberdeen. Every 50-50 was a foul to Aberdeen. I remember two clear goal kicks that were given as corners to Aberdeen.

I remember saying to a friend that this was the first game where I couldn’t laugh off accusations of corrupt referees. I remain convinced that ref was got at.

29 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Couple of goals from Silky. Winning at half time, but Aberdeen clearly got to the ref as he was as good as a twelfth man for the second half doing everything possible to help Aberdeen. Every 50-50 was a foul to Aberdeen. I remember two clear goal kicks that were given as corners to Aberdeen.

I remember saying to a friend that this was the first game where I couldn’t laugh off accusations of corrupt referees. I remain convinced that ref was got at.

Ridiculous injury time penalty to salvage a draw too.

3 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

Was that the game Jim Bett scored a penalty n Willie Miller was in the refs ear the whole match? Edit to add Miller refereed the whole match. 

Every decision had Willie Miller ensuring the ref gave it Aberdeen’s way. First half was ok(ish), but the ref completely did everything that they wanted in the second half. It was pathetic.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

18 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Every decision had Willie Miller ensuring the ref gave it Aberdeen’s way. First half was ok(ish), but the ref completely did everything that wanted in the second half. It was pathetic.

Forgot how much of a w****r Miller was, at every ref for every decision.