The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, Donathan said:

What are the chances of us being picked for the telly? Viaplay have the first two picks so they’ll presumably take the OF. Then BBC have to pick two other matches. 

Be shocked if we weren’t picked after tonight. Mindset will be “if they can beat Aberdeen, they will beat Falkirk”

1 minute ago, Donathan said:

What are the chances of us being picked for the telly? Viaplay have the first two picks so they’ll presumably take the OF. Then BBC have to pick two other matches. 

Ross spoke about that on Falkirk daft i think given Darvel have just done a giant killing act its going to be a given they will be given a TV game as folk will be wondering if they can cause another upset.

53 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

To beat Montrose away and Aberdeen at home, they aren’t going to be mugs. We need to play and prepare professionally and it’s a great chance for a one game shoot out for a place at Hampden 🤣

Spot on here. Darvel are no mugs, full of experienced players, bit like Kelty. Hoping our struggles with Kelty won’t re-surface for this one with lessons learned. McGlynn’s preparation and attention to detail gives me hope. A good away day awaits! 👍🏻👏🏻⚽

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

Fair few Falkirk connections in that Darvel team, Cameron Eadie, the stocky right sided centre back, came through our academy as did their assistant manager Blair Munn and then there's shitebag Mcshane.

Don't think our midfield will allow them as much of the game as Aberdeen did tonight.

Never realised the other Falkirk connections except for McShane. The upside is that the element of surprise has gone and McGlynn can get to work on his Darvel file for the next few weeks. Hopefully find their weak spots and sort a formation out. Maybe Aberdeen went in blind, as well as being rank rotten. 

Edited by GunnerBairn

3 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Darvel….…..never been to their ground. Clearly we are up against a side that are absolutely flying. On their recent evidence, a side that are capable of beating anyone outwith the top six.

No way will McGlynn underestimate them. Hopefully no Billy big Baws nonsense from us. Darvel deserve massive credit for what they have done.

Coming up 28 years since I was last there. Watched Kemlin go 3 down inside half an hour, in their defence of the Junior Cup, & yet somehow pull it back to 3-3. Won the replay, before going on to lose the final to Tayport.

Last nights game posted fair warning regards what they’ll have to do, & how they’ll have to apply themselves, if they’re going to negotiate that tie.

2 hours ago, GunnerBairn said:

Never realised the other Falkirk connections except for McShane. The upside is that the element of surprise has gone and McGlynn can get to work on his Darvel file for the next few weeks. Hopefully find their weak spots and sort a formation out. Maybe Aberdeen went in blind, as well as being rank rotten. 

Eh naw, he can get to work on his FC Edinburgh, Kelty and Alloa files and then work on his Darvel file. Get out this league first, the cup's a bonus.

6 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

They'll probably be favourites now and a win for them wouldn't be a real shock now. Can be tricky for a side to replicate a game like that too after beating far bigger opponents. 

Na, we will be odd on at the bookies. If we are not pile in 

Interview with Goodwin confirms what an absolute knobhead. Obviously done zero background on Darvel, and can’t even get their league status correct. Darvel deserved winners all over the park. I’m sure M&S will not make the same mistakes and great tie to look forward to. However we’ve got some hard away games we must get full points from first, the game with Darvel will look after itself. 

Easy to comment on other teams performances but I genuinely fail to see how we could be as shite as Aberdeen were last night. Spineless, weak and totally clueless. 

We’ll be in for a tough afternoon but I don’t see us rolling over like Aberdeen did.

Edited by Just a bairn

Didn't see all the Darvel game but from what I did see and what I've seen this season on TV, Aberdeen look to have the same fighting/team spirt as our lot over the last couple of seasons*

*Not including this season!

For all the posts saying "they'll be favourites" it be like us being favourites v all championship sides, Dundee U, Motherwell or Kilmarnock, St Johnstone etc because we beat Hibs in the league cup!! If we treat the game properly and put in a performance we get through 

Edited by knee jerk reaction

8 hours ago, Rennieball said:

Listening to Goodwin's interview, doesn't appear to have done his homework at all. Didn't know what division Darvel were in, called them a junior side, couldn't name their centre backs etc. Surely, if anything, McGlynn won't be that stupid. 

I'm sorry but that result is all on the spineless Aberdeen players on the pitch, it should not matter who the manager is, they should have more than enough to win that tie. Well done Darvel though.     

More chance of game being televised now a west of Scotland team playing. The feel good factor of a) a cup shock and b) easier tie for us has been wrecked by all these knuckle dragging currant buns going on about Aberdeen only raising game against "the famous"

9 hours ago, Rennieball said:

Listening to Goodwin's interview, doesn't appear to have done his homework at all. Didn't know what division Darvel were in, called them a junior side, couldn't name their centre backs etc. Surely, if anything, McGlynn won't be that stupid. 

I'd be surprised if he didn't know their centre backs considering he played and managed the captain, as well as a good few others, at Alloa.

8 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Eh naw, he can get to work on his FC Edinburgh, Kelty and Alloa files and then work on his Darvel file. Get out this league first, the cup's a bonus.

If it was Aberdeen we got then I'd agree but this is now a big chance to essentially plug the gap we had for the year. Get to the quarter finals and get a good draw then we've probably made a good 200/300k on the cup which would be massive for us. 

It doesn't need to be one competition over another. If it was then whats the fucking point in playing in the first place?

3 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

If it was Aberdeen we got then I'd agree but this is now a big chance to essentially plug the gap we had for the year. Get to the quarter finals and get a good draw then we've probably made a good 200/300k on the cup which would be massive for us. 

It doesn't need to be one competition over another. If it was then whats the fucking point in playing in the first place?

Context. 

Yes, enter and hope to do well but I would still put the league ahead of the cup.

What would you rather have, us getting promoted this season OR beating Darvel in the next round of the cup?

Edited by Bairn in Exile

On 22/01/2023 at 19:14, HopeStreetWalker said:

That's going to be a hard away Scottish Cup Tie against Darvel

Darvel in the cup - you heard it here first.

Have never laughed so hard for ages at Darvel knocking out Aberdeen,

Could not have happened to a more deserving bunch of whinging cheats.

Did I ever tell you about a game at Brockville against them?