The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, latapythelegend said:

I play with a bunch of guys mostly in theirs 20's and we have only played 2 games on grass in the last 2 years. This includes the summer months. It's ridiculous. 

Don’t know how lucky you are, I spent most of my woefully inadequate playing days on red blaes pitches.

Probably still have a bucket full of the stuff embedded in my arse cheeks.

There is no artificial surface that holds a candle to a top quality grass pitch. The EPL where it’s not about economy or making money from the surface is grass all the way.

A few years back, I was part a tour of the Arsenal stadium (including a walk out to the centre spot. That pitch was like a bowling green…..absolute perfection.

9 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

There is no artificial surface that holds a candle to a top quality grass pitch. The EPL where it’s not about economy or making money from the surface is grass all the way.

A few years back, I was part a tour of the Arsenal stadium (including a walk out to the centre spot. That pitch was like a bowling green…..absolute perfection.

I’d wager Arsenals stadium pitch budget is higher than our entire club budget 😂. You are right though, a well maintained grass pitch is ideal & can’t be bettered but I’d rather have an artificial surface if we can’t afford a decent grass pitch, especially outside the Premiership. 

58 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

I’d wager Arsenals stadium pitch budget is higher than our entire club budget 😂. You are right though, a well maintained grass pitch is ideal & can’t be bettered but I’d rather have an artificial surface if we can’t afford a decent grass pitch, especially outside the Premiership. 

Have you seen Darvels pitch tonight ?

1 hour ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Your points re budgets etc are true but many top flight pitches, including Arsenal's, are hybrids of grass and synthetic. The grass and artificial fibres intertwine which helps it drain better and cut up less. Think Elton John's barnet, but greener

Latest episode of the podcast has dropped this evening already. We discuss;

🔵 Scottish Cup draw 
⚪️ Win over Alloa 
🔵 Preview FC Edinburgh &
⚪️ All the rumours including Kai Kennedy heading to the USA 👀 & George Oakley signing ✍🏻

🔵 PLUS the Winner of the VIP tickets for “The Night with Russell Latapy” is announced. 

15FC7E0A-2A9A-4B0A-AC8D-72B6149E027B.thumb.jpeg.be9374320c5f1681f7be9c84105e0919.jpeg