The Falkirk FC Thread

5 hours ago, gav-ffc said:

Falkirk tv highlights are one of the best in Scotland considering it’s done by volunteers. Almost every time the highlights are up bang on midnight each Saturday. 

Spot on. And if you watched Sportscene’s attempt at highlights you’ll see the FalkirkTV guys gave us the much superior product! Well played the FalkirkTV crew 👏🏻👍🏻⚽

10 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Oaft. Bene living in a few posters head rent free. 

Fair play, you remain the undisputed master of misinterpretation. I know you can’t stop yourself, but you really need to stop yourself.

2 hours ago, Kevin James Left Knee said:

I have told Lewis to his face that I do not think he is a  great interviewer but he's pretty good at commentating. I think anyone criticising him should try it for 90 minutes - it's pretty hard not to just keep saying the same thing - and his knowledge of football is very good.

I actually think Lewis does a fine job and the coverage would be improved if he did it solo.

13 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Think people are just putting 2 + 2 together and getting 9 with the George Oakley rumour but he definitely fits the big physical striker bill.

Have to say I think George Oakley would be an underwhelming signing. But hey ho suppose there is limited options out there and… in Mcglynn we trust. 

I think Lewis does a professional a job given he is a volunteer, so no complaints there.  I don't mind Stuart chipping in with his opinions.  I think of him as someone random you would sit near in the stand shouting his three penny worth every now and again.  Sometimes annoying, sometimes funny, sometimes inciteful, sometimes superfluous. 

Must be really crap giving your time, doing your opposition research, learning the players names and have a bunch of folks nit-picking everything that comes out of your mouth.  I wouldn't/couldn't do it better.  Can you?

Edited by Long Suffering Bairn

3 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

You're half right. I forgot about the second one but both weren't under Pressley. May delivered the first win and then departed after the next game when we lost at home to Kilmarnock. So Pressley gets the credit for the second win in which Showumi scored.  

Surprised that you forgot about that one "BB". You must have been sitting the same side as Gregor for the Healey goal as your pic is almost identical to his, I was at the other side.

CelebrationvDons(h2)6.jpg

CelebrationvDons(h2)9.jpg

CHealey scores vDons(a)2.jpg

Feeling very confident for the game against Edinburgh on Saturday. Beat them twice already this season - scoring 5 and conceding 0. Believe they are the only team in this league not to have scored against us! Never been that impressed with them when we’ve played them and definitely feel Mcglynn has their number. 

20 minutes ago, Big chungus said:

Feeling very confident for the game against Edinburgh on Saturday. Beat them twice already this season - scoring 5 and conceding 0. Believe they are the only team in this league not to have scored against us! Never been that impressed with them when we’ve played them and definitely feel Mcglynn has their number. 

We did a Dunfermline on Saturday by winning ugly, fair chance that this week could be a similar scenario.

Stating the obvious here but a new forward in this week would be a massive boost.

10 hours ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

You won't meet a bigger Falkirk fan than wee Lewis. If we were playing a preseason friendly against Mars FC on the moon he'd find a way to get there. 

He's earned everything he has with the time he's put into this gig.

Gaun yersel wee fella.

I'm interested to know why Mars FC would be playing home matches on the moon? Stadium redevelopment?  

1 hour ago, Hank von Hell said:

I'm interested to know why Mars FC would be playing home matches on the moon? Stadium redevelopment?  

Absolutely correct. Apparently, they were denied promotion twice before because of their stadium by the SPL (Solar Premier League) but managed to get promoted at the 3rd attempt while their stadium is being redeveloped. Everybody at the club went to the Mars Bar to have a drink to celebrate.