The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, Hughsie said:

Might be in play for the TV game as well?

Celtic, Rangers, Dundee Utd v Killie would be three you’d think but don’t see another stand-out there unless one of the non-league teams manage to get through any of the rescheduled ties.

Hopefully not as it would probably be Saturday afternoon. 

2 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

Might be in play for the TV game as well?

Celtic, Rangers, Dundee Utd v Killie would be three you’d think but don’t see another stand-out there unless one of the non-league teams manage to get through any of the rescheduled ties.

No chance it'll be us... will be stunned if the TV game isn't Govan filth v media darlings Partick.  

The sheep worriers are kack right now; although I can't remember ever seeing us beat them, it looks like as good a time to get them as we could hope for. 

18 minutes ago, Big chungus said:

Hopefully net 50-60k from Aberdeen away. If we win our next couple of games we will take close to a 1000 as well.

Be nearer 100k, IMO. 12,000 @ £20 a pop 

1 minute ago, Back Post Misses said:

Be nearer 100k, IMO. 12,000 @ £20 a pop 

Disagree. Vat 20%. So take that off to begin with. Plus the fee Aberdeen will take for putting the game on (which you have probably accounted for tbf). Also you’re not getting 12,000 all paying £20. Concessions, u12s etc.

9 minutes ago, Bluegrass Bairn said:

although I can't remember ever seeing us beat them, it looks like as good a time to get them as we could hope for. 

I've seen a couple of victories, though not many. Michael Higdon scored when we beat them 1-0 at TFS in January 2009. 60s Bairn will probably be along shortly to supply an image of the winning goal. 

Then we won at Pittodrie a year later. This pic of mine shows Mark Kerr watching on as Colin Healy scores the winner. Undoubtedly the best result Eddie May's team got that season as we were relegated at the end of it.  I think it was the only time we'd won at Pittodrie in something like 50 years. 

Goal Falkirk.JPG

6 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I've seen a couple of victories, though not many. Michael Higdon scored when we beat them 1-0 at TFS in January 2009. 60s Bairn will probably be along shortly to supply an image of the winning goal. 

Then we won at Pittodrie a year later. This pic of mine shows Mark Kerr watching on as Colin Healy scores the winner. Undoubtedly the best result Eddie May's team got that season as we were relegated at the end of it.  I think it was the only time we'd won at Pittodrie in something like 50 years. 

Goal Falkirk.JPG

We best them twice that year under Presley. That game and a 3 1 home win with showunmi scoring a spectacular volley if I remember correctly.

13 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Goal Falkirk.JPG

Is it a coincidence that the ref in the picture is from the Falkirk area?

1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:

Perhaps but it’s definitely created confusion. I’m not the only one who thinks the correction was wrong and it was right initially….

7297E323-BF0D-48E5-BB21-7D01755FE1F6.png

Yeah, I wouldn’t hold yourself up in that sort of company to be honest. It was a mistake, only an eejit doesn’t realise this. 

4 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

We best them twice that year under Presley. That game and a 3 1 home win with showunmi scoring a spectacular volley if I remember correctly.

You're half right. I forgot about the second one but both weren't under Pressley. May delivered the first win and then departed after the next game when we lost at home to Kilmarnock. So Pressley gets the credit for the second win in which Showumi scored.  

10 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Yeah, I wouldn’t hold yourself up in that sort of company to be honest. It was a mistake, only an eejit doesn’t realise this. 

Been able to watch it back and it was a 9 so I’m now officially an eejit (not for the first time)……..😀

43 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Goal Falkirk.JPG

We thumped then at TFS 3-1 that stadium too. Big Enoch ran them ragged that day

56 minutes ago, Big chungus said:

Disagree. Vat 20%. So take that off to begin with. Plus the fee Aberdeen will take for putting the game on (which you have probably accounted for tbf). Also you’re not getting 12,000 all paying £20. Concessions, u12s etc.

We will see. 

27 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

You're half right. I forgot about the second one but both weren't under Pressley. May delivered the first win and then departed after the next game when we lost at home to Kilmarnock. So Pressley gets the credit for the second win in which Showumi scored.  

Aye  sorry you're right there. I can't for the life of me remember how the fixtures were so close. We played them twice in about 4 weeks.