The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, Hughsie said:

Maybe just don’t say anything at all if you haven’t got anything nice to say.

Needless comment.

Imagine daring to offer an opinion on a forum.

Edit to add that I completely agree that the service provided is generally very good and the people behind it should be praised for their efforts but it does not change the fact that the co commentator makes my ears bleed.

And no I will not be volunteering to do the job.

Edited by Reggie Perrin

2 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

In my view the FTV commentators are there to provide an honest analysis of the games.

There is no point in them being there if it’s going to be a hagiography or propaganda outlet of the club.

Absolutely correct. It was a complete waste of money for the club to put these guys through their football commentating degrees. I'm really starting to think that you're just some massive troll now.

48 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Imagine daring to offer an opinion on a forum.

Edit to add that I completely agree that the service provided is generally very good and the people behind it should be praised for their efforts but it does not change the fact that the co commentator makes my ears bleed.

And no I will not be volunteering to do the job.

Just needless though. The guys probably read the forum. Just don’t be a dick.

We’re still in the cup, with the revenue it brings

2nd in the league with the title still a real possibility 

We have a coach who actually knows what he’s doing

Close to 4000 each home game, and as alway a healthy away support (something teams in the Premiership would be jealous of)

Things behind the scenes are less amateurish, more professional 

And yet, the complaining continues

”La tristesse durera toujours”

1 hour ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Unfortunately SFA list not been updated last week, most recent one is dated 12/1/23.

I don't understand how Gillespie was free to play against Celtic having been sent off last weekend but Donaldson was suspended against Alloa. 

15 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

You don't often get the football commentator stating that a manager  should've done this or that. Sometimes perhaps the co commentator as an exe player and definitely the pundits in the studio but not the commentator.

Worth bearing in mind that Lewis isn’t a professional commentator or supposed to be partisan. He’s also a fan first so no doubt gives his opinions. Know that will differ from others but fans often give advice from the stands so really not much difference with a mic in hand. 

Not saying I agree with everything or prefer bias commentary but just not sure what people expect. I think he does a really good job too for something that’s not easy to do.

30 minutes ago, Taxi for De Massis said:

Close to 4000 each home game, and as alway a healthy away support (something teams in the Premiership would be jealous of)

🙌👍

Guest Brockvillenomore
34 minutes ago, Taxi for De Massis said:

Fair points. 

34 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

Falkirk tv highlights are one of the best in Scotland considering it’s done by volunteers. Almost every time the highlights are up bang on midnight each Saturday. 

This, I basically couldn’t give a f**k about the commentary, but the highlights always being up at bang on 12 is what really matters to me - very reliable 

4 hours ago, Shabba said:

I understand some of the frustrations with the commentary however the overall output by Falkirk TV is way better than pretty much everyone outwith the the Premiership. Most of the other teams charge for a motion sensor camera with no camera, it’s like watching CCTV of a game!

No surprise that their club TV is inferior to ours. Isn’t that technically just radio?

Back again I know, but it’s slow news over at our place.

RE the O’Hara chat, I have to say I was shocked when it was rumoured we were signing him given what had happened only a year or two before. However, he was pretty open and honest about it in his signing interview and we gave him the benefit of the doubt given he was just a kid and we all have done stupid things. With regards to the football, I was pretty happy as he’d done well regularly against us in Peter Grant’s Alloa team, few goals at East End much to his delight. Unfortunately he really hasn’t been that guy. I thought we might have got a poacher with a bit of pace, could even play wide but he’s wasted out there. Through the middle he’s came up with a couple of goals but not prolific enough, one hat trick away to Alloa early in his first season probably the most notable thing, fair play to him be only came on as a sub with 30 mins to go. There has been injury problems, mainly this year where he’s been out since early September but unless he has a very useful and prolific finish to the season I wouldn’t be hoping for a new deal. I think there’s a good chance he’ll bag a few goals between now and May but his all round play has to be better because if he’s not doing it in L1 then he won’t be doing it in the Championship if we get there.

Edited by The Toun Clock

18 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

Worth bearing in mind that Lewis isn’t a professional commentator or supposed to be partisan. He’s also a fan first so no doubt gives his opinions. Know that will differ from others but fans often give advice from the stands so really not much difference with a mic in hand. 

Not saying I agree with everything or prefer bias commentary but just not sure what people expect. I think he does a really good job too for something that’s not easy to do.

Just try doing it for 90 minutes without saying “eh” or “um” or one of a myriad other hesitations. I agree that an ex player/guest appearing as a Co-commentator would be a good thing, but hey, easier to express as a wish, much more difficult to actually make it happen.

9 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Just try doing it for 90 minutes without saying “eh” or “um” or one of a myriad other hesitations. I agree that an ex player/guest appearing as a Co-commentator would be a good thing, but hey, easier to express as a wish, much more difficult to actually make it happen.

Remember Joe McLaughlin doing it and getting absolute pelters too.