The Falkirk FC Thread

15 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

In my view the FTV commentators are there to provide an honest analysis of the games.

There is no point in them being there if it’s going to be a hagiography or propaganda outlet of the club.

Shocker!

3 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Is the discussion this morning positivity at winning 4 on the trot for the first time in an age, or the fact that Burrell came of the bench and scored the winner, is it the fact in Morrison and Kennedy we have 2 in form wingers, or is it about the improvement in Brad and Leon under McGlynn ? No. We’ll surely it’s about us being in the last 16 of the cup, or the great support we took yesterday or the fact we look strong contenders to finish in a play off place ? No.

Is it f**k, it’s having a go at 2 guys that love Falkirk who follow us up and down the country to provide a service to every Falkirk fan and do it free of charge.

YOU COULD NOT FUCKING MAKE IT UP.

All for giving these guys the credit when its due. But the commentary on some games is woeful to the point of being cringeworthy, especially from the loud one. 

As for doing it for free. They get to go to the games for free, most likely claim mileage from the club, have access to the players and coaching staff. Something many of our fans would love to do for free, given half a chance.

In my opinion the guys that edit the highlights and create the match package have a much harder gig, especially if doing that for free.

8 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Brian Rice on SPortscene. 😂 GIRUY Salty tears 

Not like him to be fair, normally pretty reasonable, but certainly "travesty" was wide of the mark. I felt a draw would have been a fair result, but if your opponents take two of their chances and you only take one then you're going to lose the game. No complaints from me or any other Alloa fan about the result as far as I can see.

@Waspie has done a good paragraph of how this Falkirk team looks to an opposing fan on the Alloa thread.

17 minutes ago, glasgow_bairn said:

All for giving these guys the credit when its due. But the commentary on some games is woeful to the point of being cringeworthy, especially from the loud one. 

As for doing it for free. They get to go to the games for free, most likely claim mileage from the club, have access to the players and coaching staff. Something many of our fans would love to do for free, given half a chance.

In my opinion the guys that edit the highlights and create the match package have a much harder gig, especially if doing that for free.

Worst take of the year so far. 

15 minutes ago, glasgow_bairn said:

Challenge: contact the club and offer your services as a guest co-commentator for free, OK? You can bet your bottom dollar that it is not as easy as it looks.

Is the challenge accepted?

12 hours ago, Oweny said:

I thought we were unlucky today and were a better team all afternoon. A tale of two goalkeepers though. pJ made saves for them and our keeper was nowhere especially at crosses all day . 

Hopefully we can take points off Falkirk in the league games coming up. Honestly I have not been convinced with us all season despite the results and points tally but we looked well decent today . However that's the worst Falkirk team I've ever seen in 45 years watching football. 

Incredible to think that Herrington was surplus for them. They won't get promoted on that showing. Don't think Arbroath or accies would be worried facing them in a play off. They will be back at the Recs next season once again 

1 minute ago, Big chungus said:

Worst take of the year so far. 

I wouldn't be so sure, took that from the Alloa thread.

35 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

In my view the FTV commentators are there to provide an honest analysis of the games.

There is no point in them being there if it’s going to be a hagiography or propaganda outlet of the club.

One of the best punter commentaries I ever heard was a guy who sat in the Main Stand at Brockville in the 1980's and did a match commentary for some blind people.

He was superb people that had pleasure of overhearing held him in the highest esteem. His words, pace of delivery, tone of voice and use of language was faultless. Described the build up, teams, game program, weather, fans, crowd reactions and his knowledge of the game was obviously extensive.

Like the FTV commentators, they don't get the recognition for what they do. 

If people think they can do better, put their name down to do an audition.

Last few pages..f**k me.

Anyway delighted by yesterday.. didn't play well but gutsed it out.. something don't think I've said for 5 years.

We're still not good enough but you can see a bit of heart returning which might be more important in the long term.

Onwards we go. Oh and Rice..get it right roond ye.

Guest Brockvillenomore
1 hour ago, PedroMoutinho said:

The problem with googling and asking for a synonym is it throws up words like this, that nobody uses or even recognises. @PedroMoutinho Nobody expects undue reverence, just balance. For example,  by all means criticise what you consider to be a thin squad, but balance it by mentioning the financial constraints. Or the players who have left were unlikely to feature. Don’t talk about Kai Kennedy leaving without mentioning nothing is official and if the rumours were true wouldn’t Rangers have recalled him by now? There are several others from Saturday but as you don’t seem to be interested in balance is there any point mentioning them? 

22 minutes ago, Big chungus said:

Would anyone take Kevin Ohara back for next season? 

No. Bar a spell at Alloa where he scored a few goals he's not exactly been prolific at Dunfermline.  If we are talking hypothetically about former strikers I'd much rather have McManus back. But that won't happen either. 

6 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

No. Bar a spell at Alloa where he scored a few goals he's not exactly been prolific at Dunfermline.  If we are talking hypothetically about former strikers I'd much rather have McManus back. But that won't happen either. 

Tbh I wasn’t talking hypothetically. Ohara is out of contract in the summer and is a realistic option. Personally, I think he’s worth a punt. 

4 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Unfortunately SFA list not been updated last week, most recent one is dated 12/1/23.

Glad to see it's not just me. Tearing my hair out trying to find current info for Donaldson. What an absolute tin pot pile of shite that fans can't go and look with ease to find this stuff out. 

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Glad to see it's not just me. Tearing my hair out trying to find current info for Donaldson. What an absolute tin pot pile of shite that fans can't go and look with ease to find this stuff out. 

It's not even FFC fans alone, I even saw Div tweet the SFA about it a couple of days ago!