The Falkirk FC Thread

4 minutes ago, Bairn winner said:

On today's performance and now with a decent manager in place I would take back Connor Sammon.

I'd pass on that one myself

He's doing ok at Alloa but they are using him for aerial battles like we did and he is honking at that role. He may have won a few today but the 50p heid made it pointless.

Love the way McGlynn's democratically managed to manoeuvre the dead wood out this month.

Down to a squad of 21 with really only Finlay Malcolm remaining as someone who's not going to get any game time.

Very difficult month for signings but given the success rate of his previous additions plenty of room for optimism.

Two strikers and a midfielder please John.

35 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Great result. Let’s hope for a draw away to Celtic or Rangers. That could really help put some of the financial woes to rest. 

Sevco would be the cash cow, regardless of who’s drawn, they’ll pull significantly more numbers than the other side.

2 minutes ago, Big chungus said:

Lewis from FTV on the Facebook page.

I spoke to the lad last week at the Clyde game. He said he reckoned 4 weeks. So another three weeks going by that 

6 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I know a lot of the posters rate him but I’m afraid I don’t see it all. In his favour, he doesn’t lack commitment or effort.

I thought Alloa were good today for 35 mins . However their tat-tic of harrowing is at every opportunity was destined to run out of steam ! When they did we started to pick holes in their tiring defense especially after Burrell came on and used his pace to great effect. Great tat-tic by McGlynn to realize they would tire and keep us keep with our passing game. Pretty annoying therefore every week to listen to Falkirk tv explain what Mcglynn has done wrong ,how he should change it ! They even have the audacity  to explain every week how we have set up wrong and even how we should change shape to counter the opposition. I like Lewis he does a great job but this continuous advice he gives to the management gets on my tits . Just commentate on the action and keep your tactical expertise for your five a side please!

Guest Brockvillenomore
4 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

I thought Alloa were good today for 35 mins . However their tat-tic of harrowing is at every opportunity was destined to run out of steam ! When they did we started to pick holes in their tiring defense especially after Burrell came on and used his pace to great effect. Great tat-tic by McGlynn to realize they would tire and keep us keep with our passing game. Pretty annoying therefore every week to listen to Falkirk tv explain what Mcglynn has done wrong ,how he should change it ! They even have the audacity  to explain every week how we have set up wrong and even how we should change shape to counter the opposition. I like Lewis he does a great job but this continuous advice he gives to the management gets on my tits . Just commentate on the action and keep your tactical expertise for your five a side please!

Yeah, it’s so negative and at times embarrassing. It’s almost as if he and to an extent Stuart, relish when we are having a bad spell. It’s not just tactics, it’s observations about people’s best and natural positions. Confidence and morale in the squad etc.  This has only crept into the commentary in the last year or so.

Of course, it happens here as well, the Oliver v Burrell debate for example. One up front v two up front..

I think most Falkirk fans trust and believe in our manager now and can see what he’s trying to build. With all his experience, analysis of the opposition, training with the players all week, why do we all at some point insist on telling him how to do his job? 😂. yeah I know, that’s Fitba. 

45 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

Who’d have guessed it, football commentators analysing a football match. Totally unacceptable.

2 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Who’d have guessed it, football commentators analysing a football match. Totally unacceptable.

You don't often get the football commentator stating that a manager  should've done this or that. Sometimes perhaps the co commentator as an exe player and definitely the pundits in the studio but not the commentator.