The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Bairn in Exile said:

I think that this is the first time that I have seen the word "donate" used, it is usually membership fee or subscription but you have hit the nail on the head, it is a donation, given freely and willingly and without really expecting anything in return. Sure, a vote in who we get on the board etc. but that is about all.

We just need to get another couple of thousand fans with that attitude to sign up and give their donations too.

#COYB

All i want in return is the chance to see a winning team on the park

Oh and a baseball cap

Guest Caractacus Potts
24 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Good. You seem to be pointing the finger at people so was curious if you were a supporter of fan ownership or not. And yes I am also a member 

Please tell me how am I pointing the finger? 

Edited by Caractacus Potts

1 hour ago, Caractacus Potts said:

What I was getting at was if some patrons pay more then maybe those who pledged £50k could have been persuaded to do the same under the patrons or other investment group. 

I agree with Z Bairn and Number 7 that credit goes to everyone who bought shares.

It’s clear the club still needs more investment though and more people buying shares so would hope those who intended to put in more money as part of the NB will be able to be persuaded again but if you say there wasn’t any due diligence then maybe they didn’t have the money to follow up the pledge and that’s why there appears to be not much more than £10k invested. Either way we clearly need more folk buying shares be it through the Patrons, their own or the FSS. 

This seems a pretty fair assessment to me. There was all this talk of the Navy Blue Group guys having anything up to 800k to invest based on claims. It seemed to grow upwards every week, but sadly none of it has really materialised.

The majority of those NBG people were on the patrons list Kenny Jamieson showed at the meeting. So it seems reasonable to now question whether the money was ever really there, or if it was empty boasts. If it is there, then hopefully as you say CP they can be encouraged to do what they said as now is the time to plough it in, to get us out of this division and not just let our biggest rivals romp to the title on their watch.

Either way, as others have said, we need others to help, so I’d encourage others to do what our family has done and join up to FSS and/or buy shares if you can. I know times are tough but it’s a tenner donation.

It’s also not really fair for folk to fire shots at some of the less wealthy patrons though, at the end of the day most of them are fairly “normal” fans who didn’t make big boasts, but normal folk that were lucky to be able to stump up 10k from life savings or retirement pots as a one-off, but who realistically were never going to be able to do it again six months later. 

Sad times for the finances. On a brighter note, it’s Scottish Cup day! 

33 minutes ago, Sarah67 said:

This seems a pretty fair assessment to me. There was all this talk of the Navy Blue Group guys having anything up to 800k to invest based on claims. It seemed to grow upwards every week, but sadly none of it has really materialised.

The majority of those NBG people were on the patrons list Kenny Jamieson showed at the meeting. So it seems reasonable to now question whether the money was ever really there, or if it was empty boasts. If it is there, then hopefully as you say CP they can be encouraged to do what they said as now is the time to plough it in, to get us out of this division and not just let our biggest rivals romp to the title on their watch.

Either way, as others have said, we need others to help, so I’d encourage others to do what our family has done and join up to FSS and/or buy shares if you can. I know times are tough but it’s a tenner donation.

It’s also not really fair for folk to fire shots at some of the less wealthy patrons though, at the end of the day most of them are fairly “normal” fans who didn’t make big boasts, but normal folk that were lucky to be able to stump up 10k from life savings or retirement pots as a one-off, but who realistically were never going to be able to do it again six months later. 

There was never 800k mentioned. It was 550k and would jump to 800k IF Phil Rawlins wished to keep his 26% shareholding as he would have needed to put that sort of money in. 

When KJ launched the Patron group he made it pretty clear at the time that further investment could be required. It was never sold to us as a one off hit. 

As far as the “nothing has really materialised comment” do you actually know what you are talking about? 7 NB are Patrons and all invested and all will have done plenty since. Your comment as far as that goes is frankly ignorant of the truth. 

As far as the boast comment that should be treated with the contempt it deserves as it was a narrative peddled by a previous Chairman  

Edited by Back Post Misses

45 minutes ago, Syd Puddefoot said:

Maybe the likes of Gary Deans, Doug Henderson etc could make a donation to help the club, after all they got us into this mess. Can't see then for dust. 

Add Liddell to that list 

48 minutes ago, Sarah67 said:

The donation bit is the key  A lot of people like myself love their club and want it to grow but in no way want a direct hand in the minutia of ownership and assessing who can piss higher up a wall!

Guest Caractacus Potts
17 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

There was never 800k mentioned. It was 550k and would jump to 800k IF Phil Rawlins wished to keep his 26% shareholding as he would have needed to put that sort of money in. 

When KJ launched the Patron group he made it pretty clear at the time that further investment could be required. It was never sold to us as a one off hit. 

As far as the “nothing has really materialised comment” do you actually know what you are talking about? 7 NB are Patrons and all invested and all will have done plenty since. Your comment as far as that goes is frankly ignorant of the truth. 

As far as the boast comment that should be treated with the contempt it deserves as it was a narrative peddled by a previous Chairman  

You said most of the 7 have joined the patrons but if it was £550k then was that not 11 people on the NB group at £50k each?

If so that means at least 4 were willing to join the NB for £50k but haven’t joined the patrons for £10k. Can they not be tempted for 20% of the previous buy in? 

Also if not a one off hit does that mean the patrons that signed up were expected to pay an ongoing fee to be included as a member or was that just a general statement about new investment being required? 

I’m lost. Why are we harping on about the NB group? That was a proposal that was put to the club and rejected so I’m not sure why it’s relevant now?

People seem to be having a pop at Patrons, what have I missed? As far as I’m aware these are a group of people who have put significant money into the club at a time of need for next to f**k all in return.

Why do people feel they have the right to know every last detail about who has invested, how much they have invested and how many shares they had/have?

Just now, Caractacus Potts said:

You said most of the 7 have joined the patrons but if it was £550k then was that not 11 people on the NB group at £50k each?

If so that means at least 4 were willing to join the NB for £50k but haven’t joined the patrons for £10k. Can they not be tempted for 20% of the previous buy in? 

Also if not a one off hit does that mean the patrons that signed up were expected to pay an ongoing fee to be included as a member or was that just a general statement about new investment being required? 

Can’t speak for the other 4, no idea why they didn’t join the Patrons 

Guest Ecosse83
4 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

I’m lost. Why are we harping on about the NB group? That was a proposal that was put to the club and rejected so I’m not sure why it’s relevant now?

People seem to be having a pop at Patrons, what have I missed? As far as I’m aware these are a group of people who have put significant money into the club at a time of need for next to f**k all in return.

Why do people feel they have the right to know every last detail about who has invested, how much they have invested and how many shares they had/have?

This! Kudos to the people who have contributed to helping the club get back on its knees. Some seem desperate to pick apart every little detail of what’s going on, I wonder why?  🤔

To be fair I think both sides of this argument are fair and being misunderstood. Absolutely good on the patrons for the amount of money they put in out of their own pockets. Equally, some of those patrons had been willing to put in more than 10k a year before so maybe those are people who are a potential source of further support if they still have that extra money. 

Guest Caractacus Potts
11 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Can’t see anyone having a go at the patrons. Just questioning if those who previously pledged more could be tempted to do the same again. Don’t see why anyone would have an issue with that when clearly we need more investment.

Not any different from asking where those who pledged to join the previous fans group haven’t joined the FSS. 

2 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Can’t see anyone having a go at the patrons. Just questioning if those who previously pledged more could be tempted to do the same again. Don’t see why anyone would have an issue with that when clearly we need more investment.

Not any different from asking where those who pledged to join the previous fans group haven’t joined the FSS. 

Sometimes the easiest answer is the obvious one.

Circumstances have changed and those that had disposable cash now don't. 

It does seem that folk are looking for a smoking gun - like board differences or personalities - which aren't necessarily there.

Guest Caractacus Potts
Just now, Blame Me said:

Sometimes the easiest answer is the obvious one.

Circumstances have changed and those that had disposable cash now don't. 

It does seem that folk are looking for a smoking gun - like board differences or personalities - which aren't necessarily there.

Not at all. The NB proposal wasn’t too long before the patrons and unless I’m missing something there’s nothing to suggest of any differences as the end goal appeared to be the same. Not sure why this has triggered so many people when we are able to ask why not as many fans have signed up to the FSS than had previously pledged money. 

1 minute ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Not at all. The NB proposal wasn’t too long before the patrons and unless I’m missing something there’s nothing to suggest of any differences as the end goal appeared to be the same. Not sure why this has triggered so many people when we are able to ask why not as many fans have signed up to the FSS than had previously pledged money. 

Do you not listen or just choose to ignore?

The Navy Blue offer/wishes were rejected by the Board at the time. They then got into discussions with KJ over a different structure and choose to accept that. The Q&A accelerated the complete change we now have.  

3 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

No real surprises in the starting 11 today. From memory Hall's a centre back and captain for the u18's, Shay Burke's a centre midfielder and someones going to have to let us know about Mcmurray?

Clearly Martin must be off with the new guy on the bench