The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Brockvillenomore
18 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Not an argument, just wondering if those who pledged £50k could be swayed back to invest more? 

Judging by the announcement it looks like some have invested more on top of the initial purchase. Something for the AGM perhaps?

All the patrons surely invested in the knowledge their percentage shareholding would reduce when the FSS grew and bought more shares.

I’d guess they want to avoid being another version of a major shareholders group and grow their percentage share even more when their objective was for the shares to be owned more broadly. 

Edited by Brockvillenomore

Guest Caractacus Potts
10 minutes ago, Brockvillenomore said:

Judging by the announcement it looks like some have invested more on top of the initial purchase. Something for the AGM perhaps?

All the patrons surely invested in the knowledge their percentage shareholding would reduce when the FSS grew and bought more shares.

I’d guess they want to avoid being another version of a major shareholders group and grow their percentage share even more when their objective was for the shares to be owned more broadly. 

Understand that but if they were already planning to buy £50k each then that would be a lot of shares and by the sounds of it they didn’t spend anywhere near that. If there were 27 patrons that invested £300k then that  averages out at only £11k each. If the minimum investment was £10k then only £30k more was raised. If those who pledged for the Navy Blue were planning to buy £50k shares then can they not be encouraged to buy more and help the club fill the gap for next season? 

Edited by Caractacus Potts

38 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Travelling from Glasgow, anyone got heads up, if there’s any pitch inspection planned, it’s milder but grounds still frozen throughout.

You are on the wrong thread if you want to talk about the actual game of football mate. This one is specifically for bickering and smart arsed comments.

45 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Travelling from Glasgow, anyone got heads up, if there’s any pitch inspection planned, it’s milder but grounds still frozen throughout.

Last time IIRC it wasn't the pitch but frozen pipes etc somewhere in the ground.

Hopefully not the same issues this time it wasn't quite as cold lastnigbt as the night before the league game was. 

33 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Understand that but if they were already planning to buy £50k each then that would be a lot of shares and by the sounds of it they didn’t spend anywhere near that. If there were 27 patrons that invested £300k then that  averages out at only £11k each. If the minimum investment was £10k then only £30k more was raised. If those who pledged for the Navy Blue were planning to buy £50k shares then can they not be encouraged to buy more and help the club fill the gap for next season? 

I have already told you the NB proposal was a totally different model that Deans and Rawlins rejected. They went for KJ’s model. It is not relevant now. 

38 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Have you joined the FSS?

33 minutes ago, Brockvillenomore said:

It’s the Patrons aim to keep their shareholding at 26% by buying additional shares and not allowing their shareholding to be diluted.

Its £10,000 minimum to “Buy In”   

If you already had say £8,000 of shares I don’t know if you’d get into the Patron Group by buying another £2,000 ?

If you want your own shares the club will sell them to you 1000 shares £400 minimum “Buy In” easy terms to pay but don’t get your share certificate until all is paid.

Personally I think the Patrons Group have to be given credit for ponying up and being affluent enough to keep adding to the pot if required, although better ways of financing, and reducing costs are required

41 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

You are on the wrong thread if you want to talk about the actual game of football mate. This one is specifically for bickering and smart arsed comments.

If it wasn't for this chat all that would be left from the last few days would be whether that fifer was a hooker or not. 

Looks like Kai Kennedy is still with us? 

Edited by Proudtobeabairn

Guest Brockvillenomore
50 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

I don’t think the Navy Blue and the patrons are all the same people. There’s defo more people in the patrons. 
The 26% is based on new and existing shares, so simple division of people and investment doesn’t give a true reflection of £ invested by person. 
There was no FSS then and the model has changed. 
If the patrons wanted to be a major shareholders group they’d have lobbied to be written into the articles, like the FSS are. As far as we know they haven’t. 
The NB didn’t do any due diligence & the offer was dependent on that and working with the Rawlins, presumably with the Rawlins putting in more money, as they had the option to do. The true extent of the clubs finances are now pretty much in the public domain, maybe that’s a factor as well.  Only a handful of people know and if we want a truly fan owned club we need the FSS to grow and buy the remaining shares. The more involved the better. 

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

I live 5 miles east of Alloa and the frost has disappeared off the cars etc. unfortunately the ground is still brick hard so who knows

44 minutes ago, Brockvillenomore said:

I don’t think the Navy Blue and the patrons are all the same people. There’s defo more people in the patrons. 
The 26% is based on new and existing shares, so simple division of people and investment doesn’t give a true reflection of £ invested by person. 
If the patrons wanted to be a major shareholders group they’d have lobbied to be written into the articles, like the FSS are. As far as we know they haven’t. 

As far as I am aware, to join the PG you need to have invested a minimum of £10k worth of shares and “proxy” them to the PG.

This may be shares you already own, bought, or topped up to make the £10k threshold.

There is the possibility some have bought more or added in more over and above the £10k making the actual break down of numbers and who put in what difficult to define.

no matter what, £10k for a piece of paper from the club is pretty philanthropic. The emotional ties to the club must be pretty strong for those who have invested.

As for the SA / MR argument, yes they have made some absolutely shocking decisions, but that does not take away what they have done for FFC in the past and the fact they are just fans like the rest of us…..albeit with a bit more free cash to spend. 

Edited by Zbairn

Guest Caractacus Potts
1 hour ago, Brockvillenomore said:

The NB didn’t do any due diligence & the offer was dependent on that and working with the Rawlins, presumably with the Rawlins putting in more money, as they had the option to do. The true extent of the clubs finances are now pretty much in the public domain, maybe that’s a factor as well.  Only a handful of people know and if we want a truly fan owned club we need the FSS to grow and buy the remaining shares. The more involved the better. 

What I was getting at was if some patrons pay more then maybe those who pledged £50k could have been persuaded to do the same under the patrons or other investment group. 

I agree with Z Bairn and Number 7 that credit goes to everyone who bought shares.

It’s clear the club still needs more investment though and more people buying shares so would hope those who intended to put in more money as part of the NB will be able to be persuaded again but if you say there wasn’t any due diligence then maybe they didn’t have the money to follow up the pledge and that’s why there appears to be not much more than £10k invested. Either way we clearly need more folk buying shares be it through the Patrons, their own or the FSS. 

Edited by Caractacus Potts

11 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

I donate £20 a month so in my calculations in 40 years time i will have equalled the donation of a patron. Granted i will be 105 at that point

I think that this is the first time that I have seen the word "donate" used, it is usually membership fee or subscription but you have hit the nail on the head, it is a donation, given freely and willingly and without really expecting anything in return. Sure, a vote in who we get on the board etc. but that is about all.

We just need to get another couple of thousand fans with that attitude to sign up and give their donations too.

#COYB

3 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

I think that this is the first time that I have seen the word "donate" used, it is usually membership fee or subscription but you have hit the nail on the head, it is a donation, given freely and willingly and without really expecting anything in return. Sure, a vote in who we get on the board etc. but that is about all.

We just need to get another couple of thousand fans with that attitude to sign up and give their donations too.

#COYB

Awe haud the bus here! Are you saying I'm not getting a baseball cap or something at some point? Seriously thinking of cancelling now!!

1 hour ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Yes, why do you ask? Have you joined? 

Good. You seem to be pointing the finger at people so was curious if you were a supporter of fan ownership or not. And yes I am also a member 

Edited by Back Post Misses