The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Caractacus Potts
4 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

The Patrons raised 300k last December and I don’t remember you kissing their arses for saving the club last season. 

I thought there was only 20 patrons investing £10k each? 

51 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Yep, and we all know that because Hartley signed a team of duds, we can’t possibly make any decent signings from England ever again 😒

Do you have to continually be a smart arse?

I was pointing out that it was no guarantee of success.

Guest Caractacus Potts
6 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I would guess some of the 20 invested a bit more. I understand some shares patrons held previously were reallocated into the patrons pot, so those could be included in the figure.

Ok I thought it was just a £10k buy in! If shares they held previously were included then did those patrons pay the £10k as well? 

37 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Ok I thought it was just a £10k buy in! If shares they held previously were included then did those patrons pay the £10k as well? 

Either way you want to cut it the Patrons have invested £10k (or more) into the club:

https://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/2021/11/21/new-fan-investment-in-falkirk-fc/

7 hours ago, Caractacus Potts said:

I thought there was only 20 patrons investing £10k each? 

There are 26/27 I think. Some invested more I believe and some have invested more since 

7 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I would guess some of the 20 invested a bit more. I understand some shares patrons held previously were reallocated into the patrons pot, so those could be included in the figure.

Nothing was “relocated”. All the Patrons have their shares in their own names and commit to have all those shares in the Patron pot (to leave have to give notice). So if they had shares before (and most did) the Patron pot is all the shares not just the new ones. 

Guest Caractacus Potts
7 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

There are 26/27 I think. Some invested more I believe and some have invested more since 

Had a look back and the initial release only mentions 20 names.

https://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/2021/12/02/club-update-new-faces-to-join-falkirk-fc-board-of-directors/

Some must have put in a decent amount more if they raised £300k last December. Still £200k(?) short of the Navy Blue proposal though. Are the rest of them on it or have they joined since? Could help fill a hole if you can get that other £200k they pledged. 

49 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Whatever you are trying to infer the Patrons as a group invested a significant amount last December that got the club through last season. 

I for one had shares before and reinvested and have done other things since to help. I would believe that most of the other Patrons have done the same.  

Guest Caractacus Potts
7 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Nothing was “relocated”. All the Patrons have their shares in their own names and commit to have all those shares in the Patron pot (to leave have to give notice). So if they had shares before (and most did) the Patron pot is all the shares not just the new ones. 

Did all of the patrons have to pay £10k or could they use existing shares to join? 

1 minute ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Had a look back and the initial release only mentions 20 names.

https://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/2021/12/02/club-update-new-faces-to-join-falkirk-fc-board-of-directors/

Some must have put in a decent amount more if they raised £300k last December. Still £200k(?) short of the Navy Blue proposal though. Are the rest of them on it or have they joined since? Could help fill a hole if you can get that other £200k they pledged. 

More have joined since I believe. Oh that old arguement wee man. The Navy Blue was a completely different proposal to the one the club accepted from Kenny Jamieson. Irrelevant now 

Guest Caractacus Potts
1 minute ago, Back Post Misses said:

Whatever you are trying to infer the Patrons as a group invested a significant amount last December that got the club through last season. 

I for one had shares before and reinvested and have done other things since to help. I would believe that most of the other Patrons have done the same.  

Just questioning whether they invested £300k last December as stated as can’t remember that figure being mentioned at the time. 

Did all of the patrons have to pay £10k or could they use existing shares to join? 

I am sure you could have joined if you had enough shares. Not sure if any just joined however without re-investing. The ones I know certainly did re-invest.  You would need to ask KJ. 

Guest Caractacus Potts
1 minute ago, Back Post Misses said:

More have joined since I believe. Oh that old arguement wee man. The Navy Blue was a completely different proposal to the one the club accepted from Kenny Jamieson. Irrelevant now 

Not an argument, just wondering if those who pledged £50k could be swayed back to invest more? 

Not an argument, just wondering if those who pledged £50k could be swayed back to invest more? 

Most of the 7 have already. 

Guest Brockvillenomore
19 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I asked that question at the time and was told there were people who didn’t want their name in the announcement and preferred the investment to be private. How many I do not know. 

Just now, Brockvillenomore said:

I asked that question at the time and was told there were people who didn’t want their name in the announcement and preferred the investment to be private. How many I do not know. 

@Caractacus Pottsthere is your answer about the announcement