The Falkirk FC Thread

18 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Really pleased with that signing- I agree with John that PJ isn’t the right option as a starter at this stage. It may even be that there is no/very little cost to the club as with Hogarth.

Striker and midfielder next please.

Morrison has had two decent games last two. I hope and I think McGlynn will stick with him. 

4 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

The Patrons raised 300k last December 

Absolutely and they should be congratulated for that but that equates to say £15k each, where as people like MR and SA and the Rawlins have put in hundreds of thousands of pounds to the club, and in my view, it is important to have people on board with those resources.

Edited by PedroMoutinho

13 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Presumably you’d be willing to cough up the funds needed to stop the club going bust instead then?

It’s all relative. I contribute what I can by subscribing to the FSS and attending matches and buying merchandise, and I look for nothing in return. If I had the money those pair have, I can guarantee you the Club wouldn’t be languishing in the third tier of Scottish football, nor would the Board have to come begging for help. I wonder what their latest interest rates are. 

Edited by MSG GTF!

12 minutes ago, Jimmy1876 said:

Also worth noting that from the  statement in November we had made 85% of last year's income by the end of October. A month later we were at 98%. So while a lot of money might be front loaded, there is clearly a substantial income which is not. Whether that's ticket sales, hospitality, match day sponsorships etc is not clear but I am definitely inclined to trust that we are on track. As has been stated. 

I can only speak for myself but after the initial statement of 400k me and my mates booked hospitality for 17 of us and sales were going really well especially over the festive period.

7 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Absolutely and they should be congratulated for that but that equates to say £15k each, where as people like MR and SA and the Rawlins have put in hundreds of thousands of pounds to the club, and in my view, it is important to have people on board with those resources.

That is what fan ownership is about - a collective.
Rawlins has a big responsibility for the financial mess now and MR and SA appointed goon after goon into the Chairman and CEO positions. 
The Patrons and Fans have elected people who now seem to be sorting out the previous mess. Why would SA and MR not back that massive improvement in performance - if they have of course. 

Edited by Back Post Misses

8 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I was at the Stainrod night at the Inchyra and it’s a sh!te venue. The club always seem to use it for events like the speakers night for the Academy. The drink is vastly overpriced and the venue would certainly put me off.

I tend to agree about venue ( Overpriced Drink ) and speakers on this occasion don’t really float my boat, but I’ve still booked a table as there’s not been one for a while and we need to chip in when we can. 

2 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

You minky b*****ds couldn't afford me.

Oh we could……that’s why you were working your patch here, remember? The amount of tricks you pulled could of course be counted on one of your webbed hands (six being the maximum).

8 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

New goalkeeper Brian Kinnear.  Obligatory nickname ...... Harry.

His name is Big Harry

The cock of the North

The best Centre Forward this side of the Forth……..

1 hour ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I was at the Stainrod night at the Inchyra and it’s a sh!te venue. The club always seem to use it for events like the speakers night for the Academy. The drink is vastly overpriced and the venue would certainly put me off.

Is Pavarotti still the owner ? He barred me from there years ago 😂.

3 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Would be nice if the FTV interviewer asked some of the questions fans wouldn't mind hearing answers on.

'Any update on how long the injured players will be out for?'

'What positions are you looking to recruit for this window?'

Hopefully asked post match tomorrow then

22 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Is Pavarotti still the owner ? He barred me from there years ago 😂.

I’ve no got a clue who’s got it now pal. The Stainrod night was the first time I’d been in there in years despite the fact it’s a 10min walk max from my house. Never been a fan of the place.

1 hour ago, Kircer bairn said:

Love the fact we are again looking & sourcing young talent from English leagues & here’s hoping we can get a couple strikers from dame pool 

Don’t want to pish on your chips but Hartley’s team had quite a few “talented youngsters” from England.