The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Really pleased with that signing- I agree with John that PJ isn’t the right option as a starter at this stage. It may even be that there is no/very little cost to the club as with Hogarth.

Striker and midfielder next please.

Two strikers and a midfielder 

Guest Brockvillenomore
31 minutes ago, RC_Bairn said:

Years of selling advertising.  Why do you think the club is heavily discounting sponsorship and retail items?  Hint: because people ain't buying it!

But not a chartered accountant, like the people who signed off the accounts (unqualified) as a going concern reviewing the documentation. 

Edited by Brockvillenomore

32 minutes ago, RC_Bairn said:

why would you pay for an advertising board in January with only a handful of home games left?

That is a very old fashioned view of how sponsorship and marketing work. 

"Partnerships" is the buzzword but really it's sponsors signing up to longer-term commitments and being promoted on more than a pitch-side hoarding.

We don't know the value of these partnerships and some are questionable but hopefully it's all adding up.

On a side note does anyone know if we have managed to recover monies owed from the judgement against Clarke Epos?

Also worth noting that from the  statement in November we had made 85% of last year's income by the end of October. A month later we were at 98%. So while a lot of money might be front loaded, there is clearly a substantial income which is not. Whether that's ticket sales, hospitality, match day sponsorships etc is not clear but I am definitely inclined to trust that we are on track. As has been stated. 

1 hour ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Absolutely- clearly plenty of mistakes have been made (more so by appointees of MR and SA I would argue). However, without doubt, the club would not be here now without the funds these two individuals have contributed over the years.

They deserve our thanks for that and I think it would be a good time also for some people to think about their words and behaviour towards them.

Fans like @MSG GTF! who wanted these individuals gone forever should be careful what they wish for.

They can f**k off. I’d have taken not a dime from either of them. Falkirk fans my arse. 

12 minutes ago, RC_Bairn said:

Let's say I believe what you're saying in the first para (I don't but there we go).  If the club was raising around 24k per week in those seven weeks then that comes to circa £168k.  Aren't you troubled that the Board would knowingly put out a statement to the fans which says we need to raise £600k by the end of the season when in fact the figure is less than £450k (based on your figures).  I thought we were meant to have a new era of transparency??

Can't really argue with anything in your second para

The 600k is 24k per week from the start of  November to the end of May. (In fact maybe a bit less (26 weeks is 23k per week) 

The first 26 weeks have raised £1.3m (50k per week). I take your point about front end loaded but on the basis of the first 6 months performance a figure less than half the first part of the season doesn’t seem unreasonable 

I read the wording about finding a sustainable operating model as possibly referring to seeking external investment. 

In my view, it is no bad thing to have a ‘third ownership stool’ with the funds to cough up in situations like this as clearly groups like the FSS and Patrons understandably  cannot raise sums like these.

2 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Presumably you’d be willing to cough up the funds needed to stop the club going bust instead then?

Naw you will buying all those shares you seem to want to buy in your own name 

When the CEO / Board spoke at the Dundee game they said income had reached 85% of last years total, I can’t remember if that was to October or November. However they were expressing something that sounded good on the face of it but last years income was shit at £1.3 Million, so we should have been looking at a target of £2 Million. Christ our last year at Brockville 20 years ago had an income of £ 1.676 Million

IF we have to find £600K between now and the end of the season in addition to funding that has already come from Patrons / Loans / Donations we’re onto plumbs, no chance. 

I’d hope that is part of the £600K and will be coming to us gradually to meet Cash Flow demands which are going to be tight as we’ve only 2 home games for weeks.

If we can’t reach £2 Million income in 2023 when we were at £1.676 Million in 2003 we are struggling

5 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I read the wording about finding a sustainable operating model as possibly referring to seeking external investment. 

In my view, it is no bad thing to have a ‘third ownership stool’ with the funds to cough up in situations like this as clearly groups like the FSS and Patrons understandably  cannot raise sums like these.

The Patrons raised 300k last December and I don’t remember you kissing their arses for saving the club last season. 

Edited by Back Post Misses

2 minutes ago, NUMBER 7 said:

When the CEO / Board spoke at the Dundee game they said income had reached 85% of last years total, I can’t remember if that was to October or November. However they were expressing something that sounded good on the face of it but last years income was shit at £1.3 Million, so we should have been looking at a target of £2 Million. Christ our last year at Brockville 20 years ago had an income of £ 1.676 Million

IF we have to find £600K between now and the end of the season in addition to funding that has already come from Patrons / Loans / Donations we’re onto plumbs, no chance. 

I’d hope that is part of the £600K and will be coming to us gradually to meet Cash Flow demands which are going to be tight as we’ve only 2 home games for weeks.

If we can’t reach £2 Million income in 2023 when we were at £1.676 Million in 2003 we are struggling

Interesting figure from 2003- that sum would be equivalent to £2.8 million now.

I was at the Stainrod night at the Inchyra and it’s a sh!te venue. The club always seem to use it for events like the speakers night for the Academy. The drink is vastly overpriced and the venue would certainly put me off.

Edited by Harry Kinnear