The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, Jimmy1876 said:

If between July and November we made £1,274,000 (98%) and half of that (£637,000) was season ticket money then we still made £637,000 in five months. If that's the case then can I ask why do you think we would then not be able to make an additional £600k in the 6 months from December to May? Seems a pretty reasonable estimation to me? And clearly seems reasonable to the auditors who have to be assured before they sign off on the accounts and are likely to be more cynical than you about it.

I think also on top of that they have said season ticket money usually only makes up 15% of total income per year so it's possible we made more than £637k in 5 months. 

That's an easy one.  The vast majority of commercial income is front loaded - people buying advertising, shirt sponsorships, retail items etc etc.  They buy these early in the season as it makes sense - if you want advertising or to put money into the club you'll want the biggest bang for your buck.  Very few people are buying advertising now (why would you pay for an advertising board in January with only a handful of home games left?) and the retail stock is heavily discounted.  I'll happily eat my hat if we raise £600k by the end of the season (unless we get fresh investment or go on a cup run).

2 minutes ago, RC_Bairn said:

That's an easy one.  The vast majority of commercial income is front loaded - people buying advertising, shirt sponsorships, retail items etc etc.  They buy these early in the season as it makes sense - if you want advertising or to put money into the club you'll want the biggest bang for your buck.  Very few people are buying advertising now (why would you pay for an advertising board in January with only a handful of home games left?) and the retail stock is heavily discounted.  I'll happily eat my hat if we raise £600k by the end of the season (unless we get fresh investment or go on a cup run).

So you’ll happily eat your hat if we raise the 600k but only if we raise it in a way that suits you? 

Guest Brockvillenomore
3 minutes ago, RC_Bairn said:

Insightful knowledge of the clubs financial model and its constraints. Something you’re not telling us 🤔

1 minute ago, Brockvillenomore said:

Insightful knowledge of the clubs financial model and its constraints. Something you’re not telling us 🤔

Years of selling advertising.  Why do you think the club is heavily discounting sponsorship and retail items?  Hint: because people ain't buying it!

6 minutes ago, RC_Bairn said:

"...there's still another £600k of income to be generated by the end of the season."  Falkirk FC Statement dated 20 January 2023.  

It is not from now though they have had 7 weeks since that comparison was made. 
So basically 24k/week from December to the end of May. Personally think that seams achievable considering we raised c50k per week in the first part of the season (granted ST income in there). 

The disgrace that really should be challenged was the utterly pathetic £1.3m top line from last season. Including bogus main sponsor, no sales team to speak of and a squad of players recruited by Holt and Sheerin that no one wanted to watch. How much better off we could have been had last seasons number not been so pathetic? 

9 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

It is not from now though they have had 7 weeks since that comparison was made. 
So basically 24k/week from December to the end of May. Personally think that seams achievable considering we raised c50k per week in the first part of the season (granted ST income in there). 

The disgrace that really should be challenged was the utterly pathetic £1.3m top line from last season. Including bogus main sponsor, no sales team to speak of and a squad of players recruited by Holt and Sheerin that no one wanted to watch. How much better off we could have been had last seasons number not been so pathetic? 

Let's say I believe what you're saying in the first para (I don't but there we go).  If the club was raising around 24k per week in those seven weeks then that comes to circa £168k.  Aren't you troubled that the Board would knowingly put out a statement to the fans which says we need to raise £600k by the end of the season when in fact the figure is less than £450k (based on your figures).  I thought we were meant to have a new era of transparency??

Can't really argue with anything in your second para

25 minutes ago, RC_Bairn said:

That is true but I think you have overstated the percentage that is frontloaded. I imagine a lot but equally there is a big sum from home games. Also the fact auditor's have signed off the accounts suggests there is clearly a sensible income target ahead. They would not have done so if there was not assured income reaching the target required. 

I think your view is just a bit more cynical than necessary and I am inclined to favour the view of the auditors whose job it is to highlight clubs they don't believe will reach financial targets.