The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

Go f**k your sister. 

Did you hear the Deliverance banjo tune from your veranda when you were typing that.

Naw will leave that sort of that inbred perversion to the inhabitants of Dark Sweaty Kingdom of Fife which by the look of some Pars fans is rife in the club catchment area.

Why not visit the Lochgelly draft sherry and spring fertility celebration and diversify your supports gene pool. 

8 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Did you hear the Deliverance banjo tune from your veranda when you were typing that.

Naw will leave that sort of that inbred perversion to the inhabitants of Dark Sweaty Kingdom of Fife which by the look of some Pars fans is rife in the club catchment area.

Why not visit the Lochgelly draft sherry and spring fertility celebration and diversify your supports gene pool. 

Folk in glass houses eh.

Had the misfortune of working around those strange wee villages/small towns in around Falkirk last month. A hot bed of inbred weirdos.

5 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Yes.

Very good news indeed.

Looks like MR and SA or others have stepped up with loans.

Well done.

Indeed. Seems a gracious move by them given some of the stick suffered (warranted, perhaps). Well done all. 

Fantastic news!

Reckon this will likely also be good news for FSS and membership numbers (I hope). I imagine for some people having their money sink into an operating loss is a harder sell than "Your money will go to the playing budget" which for new members in theory it will. 

24 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

Funding  gap officially filled.

Not so sure.  Read the statement again.

At no point does it say the funding gap has been plugged.  What it says is the auditors have said the club can present unqualified accounts.  That is not the same thing as the funding gap being closed.

Interesting line that we've only met 98% of LAST SEASON'S income.  I was under the impression we had set ambitious income targets this season.  My reading of the statement is that we've barely reached last season's income levels never mind anything beyond that.  Indeed the statement says there is still £600k to find between now and the end of the season.

So no, I don't think the gap has been filled.

8 minutes ago, RC_Bairn said:

At no point does it say the funding gap has been plugged.  What it says is the auditors have said the club can present unqualified accounts.  That is not the same thing as the funding gap being closed.

Interesting line that we've only met 98% of LAST SEASON'S income.  I was under the impression we had set ambitious income targets this season.  My reading of the statement is that we've barely reached last season's income levels never mind anything beyond that.  Indeed the statement says there is still £600k to find between now and the end of the season.

Maybe I’m wrong, but I agree with you. That’s my interpretation of the statement.

Guest Brockvillenomore
8 minutes ago, RC_Bairn said:

100% correct. But hopefully we’re in normal trading territory now, depending on the cut off date the £600k is 5 or 6 months of trading. Therefore if the costs are controlled and the forecast revenue is correct we will reach the end of the season.    The big question is what happens next.  

Tommy Hutchison 

Tommy will return to Recreation Park for the first time in fifty years  tomorrow when the Wasps play Falkirk. 
He will be chatting  to fans, having photos and signing copies of his new book. 
Tommy is a funny but very humble man and will enjoy talking to fans about any aspect of his life or career be it playing for Wasps of playing for Scotland. He will be pleased to say hello to any Falkirk fans going to the game.

If you can’t make the game but would like a copy of the book, please use the form below.

Hutch' order form

Edited by Mr Magic

27 minutes ago, RC_Bairn said:

I see what you mean but I don’t think the Auditors would have signed the Accounts unqualified unless they had cast iron guarantees that the club had the funds to see out the season. In other words they must have documentation to say that shareholders were giving the necessary loans to meet the clubs liabilities up till May 2023. Looks like the old MSG have stumped up or given guarantees. From earlier statements I thought that, without new funding, we would be running out of cash about now.

Presumably, these loans will come with ‘conditions’ regarding repayment.

Anyway, great news and the AGM will be interesting.

Its also up to the rest of us to dig as deep as possible to get us out of this awful league.

43 minutes ago, RC_Bairn said:

My understanding of this and based on pervious statements they have made referencing last seasons income is that we have made 98% of last seasons total income. As in we made the same amount as last year but by the end of November. Meaning in 4 or 5 months of the season we made a total income of £1.3million (our total income for last season). This also makes sense as previously they have said they are trying to increase our income by £600k. So based on that we should have no issue generating that income by the end of the season.

The accounts would not have been unqualified if the operating loss had not been met and the auditors satisfied that we were on track to generate the remaining income for the season. 

Edited by Jimmy1876

37 minutes ago, RC_Bairn said:

I think it's more likely that the gap hasn't been fully closed or else they would have said so.

My reading of the 98% bit is that they have reached 98% of our TOTAL income for last season by November not 98% of income over the same period? Could be wrong though.

47 minutes ago, RC_Bairn said:

We’ve reached 98% of last seasons total income by November. That is phenomenal. Maybe you misread it.