The Falkirk FC Thread

7 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

I'd have him over Mackie or Henderson but I wouldn't say he's better than Donaldson. He's been a game changer for us this year.

I liked Donaldson last season. He was the only player from the rabble we signed that I would have kept. However he did look a wee bit raw & prone to the odd rash challenge/mistake, pairing him up with Bene would've suited him down to the ground. Bene is the kind of centre half every club need, at this level anyway. No nonsense defender. 

Sam Fisher is a big loss by the way. Hope Breen is ready to come straight back in.

I wouldn’t have him. He is slow as a week in the jail. Burrell showed that in the game over there. He will get through this league but it is now his level and it suits him that Dunfermline sit deep against anyone with anything about them so he can’t get caught over the top. 
Amazed he hasn’t had a red card yet. Time for that mind you……….

Wait and see the bees all buzzing along now….

15 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I wouldn’t have him. He is slow as a week in the jail. Burrell showed that in the game over there. He will get through this league but it is now his level and it suits him that Dunfermline sit deep against anyone with anything about them so he can’t get caught over the top. 

Come on, the game at EEP we went out all guns blazing and that is why Burrells had joy in the first half. Like any defender, they will be tested more under pressure. The game at TFS, Bendictus had his slippers on all game.

He would walk into our defence.

I liked Donaldson, solid centre half but absolutely has that chance of a bomb-scare moment but Benedictus has been streets ahead of any centre half we've had for about five years. I know he's playing league one, but he's quality. Calm under pressure, always wants the ball, no big hoofs up the park, a leader etc, everything we've wanted for years. The last centre half we had like that was Callum Morris but he's not as good a defender as Bene I don't think.

Totally agree, a pairing of Bene and Donaldson would be very good at this level. 

2 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Doesn't seem that keen on Dominic Johnson Fisher either.

Read it as he's still raw and we're looking for a bit more of a finished article. However, he might be plan B if one of those doesn't materialise.

Edited by Blame Me

8 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

https://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/football/falkirk-fc-manager-john-mcglynn-has-to-cope-with-suspension-of-key-defender-3994761

Appears we never bothered appealing the red card. Is that 2 games he'll be suspended for now?

Doesn't seem that keen on Dominic Johnson Fisher either.

Looks very similar in style to Burrell on his highlights reel

1 hour ago, latapythelegend said:

Come on, the game at EEP we went out all guns blazing and that is why Burrells had joy in the first half. Like any defender, they will be tested more under pressure. The game at TFS, Bendictus had his slippers on all game.

He would walk into our defence.

No they played high up the pitch - just as I said - came to TFS and sat deeper than the Atlantic Ocean. I wouldn’t want him genuinely. He was fucking rubbish every time he played for Dundee and Raith at our place 

Edited by Back Post Misses

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

He should have seen red in the first game against us. Horrible tackle when already on a booking and he ran away from the scene as he knew he was at risk of going.