The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Firstly, has the end of Kennedy’s loan been confirmed? As I recall, Allegria’s was announced via their club social media and this hasn’t yet ? 

Secondly if he has gone, losing Kennedy, Alegria and Hogarth has certainly weakened us so we need a good window to maintain the squad at the level it was before. As it stands, the replacements we have in the squad currently for those 3 positions are all downgrades.

Whilst I agree with most of this, I actually think PJ is getting better with each game. Won’t be a lot in it GK wise the more he plays IMO.

2 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Firstly, has the end of Kennedy’s loan been confirmed? As I recall, Allegria’s was announced via their club social media and this hasn’t yet ? 

Secondly if he has gone, losing Kennedy, Alegria and Hogarth has certainly weakened us so we need a good window to maintain the squad at the level it was before. As it stands, the replacements we have in the squad currently for those 3 positions are all downgrades.

I'm still.to be convinced that PJ is a downgrade on Hogarth. 

11 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Why would Rangers recall a player from a successful loan spell to farm him out to a club thousands of miles away ?

Money would be my first guess.  I hope it's not true, but if it is I wish him well.  Be a hell of an experience for him.

Kennedy is out of contract at the end of the season  and can sign pre contracts now.  If Tampa, whose season starts in March, are interested and want him now then they are likely to pay a small fee for him.  (Small as in Rangers definition of small).  He is only 20 so a development fee wouild be required if he remained in Scotland if they offer him a deal better than he is on now and he rejects it.  If he goes to the US now for something, its better than we are likely to be paying for the loan. As much as I dislike them, they are looking out for themselves and taking advantage of somebody willing to pay for somebody who is not likely to be a major fixture in their first team squad going forward.

46 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Why would Rangers recall a player from a successful loan spell to farm him out to a club thousands of miles away ?

Probably because they are punting him permanently. If this deal goes ahead, they won’t allow him to stay with us and risk an injury that could sink the deal.

If the deal gets the green light (doubtless they will want a blue light), then I doubt very much that he will play for us again.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

1 hour ago, JustLuvinThepian said:

Charlie Reilly.  20 year old left sided winger at Albion Rovers.  Scored 13 goals, and 7 assists,  in 20 games.  Out of contract in June.  Thoughts?

1 hour ago, Mon_Eh_Bairns2018 said:

Matty Yates stenny?

Unfortunately I highly doubt we have any money to pay for players this month. Reilly would be ideal as he plays on the left for Albion.

2 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Unfortunately I highly doubt we have any money to pay for players this month. Reilly would be ideal as he plays on the left for Albion.

Agree we would have no money but would any part-time club stand in the way of a player being given the opportunity to go full time. Even with no fee involved, adding a decent selling on fee woul offer the potential for compensation.  

Or incentify it.  Send a player back on loan for remainder of the season.  Send Pearse Carroll to Albion Rovers in return.  We get Reilly.  They Get Carroll for the rest of the season.  Carroll gets regular first team football (which he is not getting just now). Win-Win for both.

Afterall, Tony Cascarino was once bought with a set on new tracksuits being the fee.

4 minutes ago, JustLuvinThepian said:

Agree we would have no money but would any part-time club stand in the way of a player being given the opportunity to go full time. Even with no fee involved, adding a decent selling on fee woul offer the potential for compensation.  

Or incentify it.  Send a player back on loan for remainder of the season.  Send Pearse Carroll to Albion Rovers in return.  We get Reilly.  They Get Carroll for the rest of the season.  Carroll gets regular first team football (which he is not getting just now). Win-Win for both.

Afterall, Tony Cascarino was once bought with a set on new tracksuits being the fee.

Given they've just spent money on Joe Bevan and Brian Reid was in the papers the other day talking about there being a host of clubs chasing Reilly yes they would be expecting a fee.

It's not confirmed yet but it's highly likely given he's out of contract in the summer and Rangers clearly don't have him in their plans.

It's a right weird career move though, Rangers apparently turned down a bid from West Ham for him last summer and now he's off to the American second tier.

7 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Big ask for McGlynn to get three or four decent players in if Kennedy is away. Sadly that's the risk you take with loans, if we don't get players in I think we might fall out the playoff picture. 

Disagree with this. If we don’t qualify for the playoffs given the quality of our competitors, apart from Dunfermline, then it’ll be an absolutely abysmal season.

6 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Big ask for McGlynn to get three or four decent players in if Kennedy is away. Sadly that's the risk you take with loans, if we don't get players in I think we might fall out the playoff picture. 

Right calm your beans, Kennedy leaving would be a nightmare but it wouldn't exactly be game over. 14 games, 2 goals and 2 assists for him in the league.

Connor Smith from Hearts would be an ideal replacement or Kucheriavyi from St Johnstone. 

I personally think Alegria's a bigger loss as he was flourishing in the lone striker role.

5 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Right calm your beans, Kennedy leaving would be a nightmare but it wouldn't exactly be game over. 14 games, 2 goals and 2 assists for him in the league.

Connor Smith from Hearts would be an ideal replacement or Kucheriavyi from St Johnstone. 

I personally think Alegria's a bigger loss as he was flourishing in the lone striker role.

I see where  you are coming from but with Kenneddy I was just beginning to anticipate what was to come rather than what we had so far

It’s at times like this I’m going to defer to my principles - that means not getting too upset at losing a couple of loanees from the bigots. They will be a loss, but neither are irreplaceable. As squads take shape towards the end of the month, I still retain faith McGlynn has the quality contacts to bring suitable replacements in. He’ll need to be on it, but he will be.