The Falkirk FC Thread

4 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

You're contradicting yourself a wee bit here IMO. We're attracting a support of just under 4000 who must be happy to buy a season or pay £18 or £20 at the gate yet they're unwilling to invest the equivalent of £2.30 a week on top? That doesn't make much sense to me.

So your point is ?

5 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

You're contradicting yourself a wee bit here IMO. We're attracting a support of just under 4000 who must be happy to buy a season or pay £18 or £20 at the gate yet they're unwilling to invest the equivalent of £2.30 a week on top? That doesn't make much sense to me.

Why does it not make much sense? There could be a million and one reasons - financial or otherwise - why they may have made that decision. None of them need to make any sense to you. They'll make sense to them, that's all that counts. It's called personal choice. 

The last group of fans on this earth that need to reproach themselves for the support provided to their club is the Falkirk support. 

2 minutes ago, AGPar said:

Why does it not make much sense? There could be a million and one reasons - financial or otherwise - why they may have made that decision. None of them need to make any sense to you. They'll make sense to them, that's all that counts. It's called personal choice. 

The last group of fans on this earth that need to reproach themselves for the support provided to their club is the Falkirk support. 

Yes, you're correct, it doesn't make much sense to me. I didn't say that it wouldn't make sense to the people who haven't signed up.

Please don't try to put words into my mouth either, I did not suggest that any Falkirk fan should reproach themselves for not getting involved.

13 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

My point is that I believe that your assertion that fans may have had their fill is incorrect.

Incorrect?  eight born and bred Falkirk supporters that traveled home and away four year ago. We’re down to four that take in most home games and maybe half the away games. Fact.

9 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Yes, you're correct, it doesn't make much sense to me. I didn't say that it wouldn't make sense to the people who haven't signed up.

Please don't try to put words into my mouth either, I did not suggest that any Falkirk fan should reproach themselves for not getting involved.

You've been openly asking on here for the reasons why people have not signed up.

And the simplest answer - in the politest possible terms - is that is it absolutely none of your - or anyone else's - business. It is not for you to understand

The whole "buying a season ticket/paying at the gate/going home and away is no longer enough" uberfan w****r narrative that intermittently rears its head can just get so, so, so far into the sea. And stay there.

1 hour ago, gav-ffc said:

I’ve been a member of both B4L and currently FSS. I’m not bothered about having shares in my name it’s only an extra tenner a month that comes out when I’m paid so don’t even notice it come off. 

This for me also, I pay £20 a month and couldn’t give a bollocks about having shares in my name. I’m actually quite a lazy bugger so I like the idea of folk who have a bit of get up and go being on the board, representing mine and other fans collective donations and giving us updates. Each to their own though.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

For your £250 quid season ticket money you get access to 18 league games. For your £120 FSS contribution, you don’t get anything tangible.

Surely it’s pretty self explanatory what the difference is and why one scheme is far more popular than the other.

Edited by PedroMoutinho

40 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Incorrect?  eight born and bred Falkirk supporters that traveled home and away four year ago. We’re down to four that take in most home games and maybe half the away games. Fact.

Do we have smaller crowds than we did 4 years ago?

39 minutes ago, AGPar said:

You've been openly asking on here for the reasons why people have not signed up.

And the simplest answer - in the politest possible terms - is that is it absolutely none of your - or anyone else's - business. It is not for you to understand

The whole "buying a season ticket/paying at the gate/going home and away is no longer enough" uberfan w****r narrative that intermittently rears its head can just get so, so, so far into the sea. And stay there.

Aye, very good. We're trying to do something good with the FSS but we're not getting the numbers that we need to make sure it succeeds. Surely trying to understand why that is can't be a bad thing? IMO, to encourage more people to sign up we need to understand why they haven't so far. I should add also that I merely subscribe to the FSS, I'm not on the committee or on the BOD or anything like that but I would like it to succeed (or else I wouldn't have subscribed) and won't apologise for trying to promote it.

I never at any point said that buying a season or anything else wasn't enough, once again you're trying to put words in my mouth. And please don't don't refer to me as an 'uberfan', I am not suggesting that fans who 'only' pay at the gate or buy a season or whatever are not good enough - we're surely all in the same boat?

26 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

For your £250 quid season ticket money you get access to 18 league games. For your £120 FSS contribution, you don’t hey anything tangible.

Surely it’s pretty self explanatory what the difference is and why one scheme is far more popular than the other.

Don't really think that needs a reply TBH.

2 hours ago, Springfield said:

I think you’ve got to ask the question why have only 620 contributed, when we’ve got a core support just shy of 4000 in division 1 or the third tier of Scottish football. Yes the horror of inflation/fuel/food hikes. But maybe just maybe the fans have had their fill and waiting to see what this season brings.

Our stretch target is probably around 1,000 members. There is only the well of paid up ST holders to drink from for 80% of the FSS membership. A family of say 2 parents and 2 young kids are not going to take out 4 FSS subscriptions.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

Just to add, for those not wishing to join FSS but do want to invest themselves, any existing shareholder can buy ANY amount of additional shares & not that minimum amount of £400 that’s in place for new shareholders. 

Also, any new shareholder can opt to pay for their £400 block in instalments too if they wish but the share certificate won’t be issued until final payment obviously. 

This came from the club recently when asked.