The Falkirk FC Thread

3 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Anyone else think we might make a move for the boy that's just left Dundee. Osei. For no other reason than he's a free transfer and he's a striker which we seem to be struggling to get one in never mind two. 

I read he was 24 and had scored 6 senior goals in 5 seasons - it’s a no from me.

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

And the reaction to Dallison was very, very positive, particularly on here.

Don’t pay too much attention to fans responses to new signings.

At the time he ticked a few folks boxes Ala sleeve tattoo, beard and looked like a player unfortunately for us that's where being a footballer stopped for him

5 minutes ago, RC_Bairn said:

Nope.  An announcement was apparently made to a small group of sponsors but nothing to the vast majority of fans.  So much for transparency

If this information was made available to some sponsors then it is in the public domain.

Guest Brockvillenomore
5 minutes ago, RC_Bairn said:

Nope.  An announcement was apparently made to a small group of sponsors but nothing to the vast majority of fans.  So much for transparency

As you yourself say “apparently” acknowledging it’s speculative and not confirmed. So, having acknowledged this fact you then rush to judgement. Interesting 🤔

12 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

If this information was made available to some sponsors then it is in the public domain.

So why only mention it to some sponsors? The club have begged us for cash since the summer (which I have no issue with) so the least we can expect is transparency with the matter. 

22 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Simply by definition that cannot be true. Public domain means, “the state of belonging or being available to the public as a whole.”

Unless I have missed it, there has been no announcement to the wider support.

Edited by PedroMoutinho

I would've thought if this was indeed the case then the board would be keen to let everyone know. Perhaps a we are close to filling the funding gap or we're in the process of closing the funding gap comment was taken as it's all done and dusted . It's not the kind of good news you sit on really is it?

Somebody on the COYB facebook page posted an article from the bbc that has since been removed claiming we've resigned Conor McGrandles on loan for the rest of the season.

Seems a bit far fetched but I would absolutely cream myself if it comes true. Currently at Charlton who have Dean Holden as their manager, been stop start for him this season as he's been out injured a few times.

5 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Somebody on the COYB facebook page posted an article from the bbc that has since been removed claiming we've resigned Conor McGrandles on loan for the rest of the season.

Seems a bit far fetched but I would absolutely cream myself if it comes true. Currently at Charlton who have Dean Holden as their manager, been stop start for him this season as he's been out injured a few times.

Inspect element job. Same photo as an article from 2016.

Guest Brockvillenomore
9 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

I would've thought if this was indeed the case then the board would be keen to let everyone know. Perhaps a we are close to filling the funding gap or we're in the process of closing the funding gap comment was taken as it's all done and dusted . It's not the kind of good news you sit on really is it?

I agree. There’s been one poster I think who said a member of the board confirmed it. That was after the Dundee game if I remember correctly, nearly 6 weeks ago. As it’s not been confirmed I’d suggest there’s been a misunderstanding along the way. Given the timescales for the AGM I’d expect we will hear one way of the other very soon.