The Falkirk FC Thread

6 minutes ago, SouthStander1876 said:

Derick Osei released by Dundee. Anyone know anything about him? They're fans seem to be disappointed hes away.

McGlynn keeps mentioning that it'll just be loans this window so I doubt he'll be heading our way. 

Someone on the Dundee thread saying they have signed Barjonas for next season, was mentioned in here as a potential signing for us a few weeks ago along with Agyeman.

Personally my preference would be for the north stand to be closed. I appreciate there were issues with Queen of the South fans in the main but for the likes of Clyde and Peterhead, I really don’t see the point in opening it for 50 people.

If it is open, it makes sense to utilise the space for free tickets for schools and other local groups.

51 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Personally my preference would be for the north stand to be closed. I appreciate there were issues with Queen of the South fans in the main but for the likes of Clyde and Peterhead, I really don’t see the point in opening it for 50 people.

If it is open, it makes sense to utilise the space for free tickets for schools and other local groups.

Why do you want it closed when, as the CEO said the cost difference in minimal? 

22 minutes ago, SouthStander1876 said:

Think Lawal has a week or two left. Think Watson was scheduled for mid February. Don't quote me on it though.

I wonder if Mcglynn will keep nesbitt behind the striker, or swap him for lawal when he's back. From what i've seen lawal is far better suited to that role than nesbitt, and maybe we might end up moving nesbitt onto the wing where kennedy plays. Tough decision IMO

Could totally change though if Euan was to join on loan though...

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

Why do you want it closed when, as the CEO said the cost difference in minimal? 

A minimal cost can add up over the course of a season. In our current circumstances, surely all available resources should be going towards the first team.

There must be some material cost involved or the stand would never have been shut in the first place.

56 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

A minimal cost can add up over the course of a season. In our current circumstances, surely all available resources should be going towards the first team.

There must be some material cost involved or the stand would never have been shut in the first place.

The club clarified we were doing it due to feedback from the fans in the mainstand.

I don't think it's a bad idea listening to your paying customers and providing a solution that's only going to cost you a little extra.

Edited by FFC 1876

Having a three stand stadium with one of the stands sitting entirely empty also depresses the f**k out of me - entirely reasoned argument for opening it, I know xxx. Put the away fans in one half and give tickets to school kids for the rest of the season (barring Pars, obviously).

Just now, 18BAIRN76 said:

Having a three stand stadium with one of the stands sitting entirely empty also depresses the f**k out of me - entirely reasoned argument for opening it, I know xxx. Put the away fans in one half and give tickets to school kids for the rest of the season (barring Pars, obviously).

I disagree, give the Pars half it and put schoolkids next to them. The high pitched shrieks of the mini Bairns would be plenty payback for the monotonous banging of that Fife drum.

The north stand was built specifically with segregation in mind. Turnstiles on the gables and a dividing wall down the concourse. I'd rather the away fans were behind the goal, or in the corner of the main with 2k tickets give away to local schools, academy teams etc 

2 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

The north stand was built specifically with segregation in mind. Turnstiles on the gables and a dividing wall down the concourse. I'd rather the away fans were behind the goal, or in the corner of the main with 2k tickets give away to local schools, academy teams etc 

The north stand was built with the idea of accommodating the likes of Rangers, Celtic, Hearts and Hibs. I’m sure the prospect of hosting 50 Clyde fans was not considered.

My personal view would be to only open it for games against Dunfermline, Airdrie and QoS.

3 hours ago, SouthStander1876 said:

Don't see a reason why school kids can't just go in the main stand to be honest

Nor do I. 

I don’t think we make any extra money from concession sales but would be good to help build future fans.