The Falkirk FC Thread

5 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Free live FFCTV for over 65's season ticket holders when weather is freezing   Refreshments being delivered would also be handy  Come on board you know it makes sense!

I'm not sure a cold beer to my seat would help but in the name of research......

8 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Free live FFCTV for over 65's season ticket holders when weather is freezing   Refreshments being delivered would also be handy  Come on board you know it makes sense!

That’s actually no a bad shout for the authorities to look at. During the winter months I bet there are some older fans who would welcome the choice of whether to watch games in the house. Too sensible for Scottish football bods though.

1 hour ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Would be great for me whilst at home.

Fortunately, was abroad yesterday.

In fact, I wouldn’t object to paying over and above my ST just to watch in warm conditions.

I have to say initially when I saw Col’s tackle I thought that it was bad and actually thought he was late, probably not a red but it was reckless and definitely yellow although I did’t complain that much. Then when I saw the Clyde one I thought that it was given only because a red had already been given for similar. But I have painstakingly gone through the highlights in slow motion to see these tackles. 

Donaldson comes in studs down, kicks the ball away and then the Clyde player falls over him after the ball is away. Never a red. Likely a foul though for taking him out. This was similar to the relatively clean and necessary tackle by Mackie in the Hibs game, rough but not a red. 

Then I looked at the Clyde tackle which I thought was similar. Except it’s not, leg high, studs up, misses the ball and after Henderson has kicked it away his studs go directly into Henderson’s thigh, think it’s hard to argue with the red for that one. 

3 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

That’s actually no a bad shout for the authorities to look at. During the winter months I bet there are some older fans who would welcome the choice of whether to watch games in the house. Too sensible for Scottish football bods though.

Not cold weather specific but got me thinking: What cost to stream Falkirk TV inside the stadium concourses. 

Might there be additional revenue to be made from what would effectively be electronic advertising or potentially up-selling to a captured market.

Just a thought.

14 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

An incredibly frustrated John McGlynn in that post match interview, sounds like we're having a nightmare trying to bring players in. 

Hopefully something comes to fruition soon.

Exact same thoughts. Always a difficult window, no cash and relying on loanees. Horrible feeling we’ll be left the crumbs before window closing. Thought the Jambos connection would have borne some movement, McGlynn obviously pissed off.

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

Exact same thoughts. Always a difficult window, no cash and relying on loanees. Horrible feeling we’ll be left the crumbs before window closing. Thought the Jambos connection would have borne some movement, McGlynn obviously pissed off.

Don’t get the love in with this lad Henderson. He ain’t leaving Tynecastle anyway. Plenty more out there than one guy who scored a few goals for Alloa FFS. 

6 minutes ago, Shabba said:

He scored 14 goals in 28 games for Alloa last year in this league. He might not be brilliant but he’s a proven scorer in this league 

Morrison has scored 10 in 20 this season and he is not even a striker. We can get better IMO

1 minute ago, Back Post Misses said:

Morrison has scored 10 in 20 this season and he is not even a striker. We can get better IMO

You’re a skint league one side who’s been down in that league since 2019. You really need to adjust your expectations. 

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

Don’t get the love in with this lad Henderson. He ain’t leaving Tynecastle anyway. Plenty more out there than one guy who scored a few goals for Alloa FFS. 

He's out of contract at the end of the season and isn't getting anywhere near the park for them so I think it's a pretty fair assumption he's looking at his next move. 

We were shocking last year so it's not much of a boast but he had 2 goals and 1 assist in 3 games against us so it's easy to see why he's seen as a decent option by many here. 

I'm not sure he's a lone striker right enough, he would have played in a 2 with Alloa most of those games last season. 

Oli Shaw wasn't even on the bench for Killie yesterday, Kabia's obviously available, Weston's been muted.

There's always the possibility of getting a bit more quality from down south but it'll be harder to get over the line and you may end up with a Bingham, Jarvis or Turner.

The lad McGlynn from Burnley didn't exactly scream quality going by his previous loans.

Edited by FFC 1876

5 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Would be great for me whilst at home.

Fortunately, was abroad yesterday.

In fact, I wouldn’t object to paying over and above my ST just to watch in warm conditions.

It’s simply a matter of £15 a month plus a VPN.