The Falkirk FC Thread

Tony Watt example here (unsure of how similar the challenges were) on how an appeal MIGHT succeed for us, on the basis that I'd say Donaldsons falls into the bracket of reckless challenge, rather than serious foul play. 

The tackle wasn't bad in technique or intent. He just put too much force into it. 

Screenshot_20230115_092324_Samsung Internet.jpg

13 hours ago, badgerthewitness said:

Another 2 assists for Nesbitt. That's him had his one good game in ten, two weeks running.

Yup, played very well, two games running. Good for him, he's upped his game. No denying it, and its great to see the difference it has made to our play when he can be influential and effective. He has skill and works hard, that's clear... Great vision for the first goal, absolutely... Happy to acknowledge all that. But he needs to have an influence in games against better teams than Clyde, the kind of games where in the past he has disappeared. For me that's been the biggest issue with him this season.

Henderson in midfield seems to have had a positive effect on him personally as well as the team overall, so let's see if he and the team can keep this run of form going for a sustained period, which is what we need.  Alloa, Kelty, 'Meadowbank' and Airdrie all away before the end of February are all clearly going to offer much more of a midfield battle than toothless Clyde, so the onus is there to keep making a difference, and prove a lot of fans (me included) wrong.  Good luck to the guy, very happy to see him bag a hatful more assists, and a couple of goals for good measure.           

34 minutes ago, Bluegrass Bairn said:

Yup, played very well, two games running. Good for him, he's upped his game. No denying it, and its great to see the difference it has made to our play when he can be influential and effective. He has skill and works hard, that's clear... Great vision for the first goal, absolutely... Happy to acknowledge all that. But he needs to have an influence in games against better teams than Clyde, the kind of games where in the past he has disappeared. For me that's been the biggest issue with him this season.

Henderson in midfield seems to have had a positive effect on him personally as well as the team overall, so let's see if he and the team can keep this run of form going for a sustained period, which is what we need.  Alloa, Kelty, 'Meadowbank' and Airdrie all away before the end of February are all clearly going to offer much more of a midfield battle than toothless Clyde, so the onus is there to keep making a difference, and prove a lot of fans (me included) wrong.  Good luck to the guy, very happy to see him bag a hatful more assists, and a couple of goals for good measure.           

He scored 2 and got man of the match last week against a team that took 10 out of 12 points against us last season? 

On 07/01/2023 at 13:24, Sarcastic Bairn said:

Having a natural right back in hopefully frees Morrison up even more.

Good to see this happen after only a week playing together, Rowe has got a decent bit of acceleration which is great for that position.

I said after the first half at least the ref isn't as bad as last week, neither were red cards for me, however Coll gave the ref the opportunity to display his lack of experience. We are going to be using these refs every week in this league and it's not going to change.

I left when the 2nd goal went in as I was so cold I thought I was going to die.

Great team performance with everyone contributing. We now look like a team with everyone fighting for the team which is really great to see.

Oliver isn’t a lone striker but he does a job and his hold up play is good. I think he’d be excellent up top with another striker.

Having watched both reds on FFC TV, I don’t think either are anything other than a yellow at most. Referee absolute shit again which seems to be the case every week now.

Really happy with how things are progressing just now after so many seasons of watching terrible teams. Would love to see how the Fifers would cope if a bit of pressure was applied by us getting closer to them.

My one gripe would be the board need to sort this weather. It was so cold yesterday that I think it’s terrible the current board have done nothing about the weather, sack the board I say 😁

16 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

He scored 2 and got man of the match last week against a team that took 10 out of 12 points against us last season? 

And? Yes, he's played well two games running. Said that in the post.

But we've played 20 league games, only won 1 more than half of them, are trailing way off top spot, and one of the main reasons is we've previously lost out badly in midfield - where he plays - to Kelty (twice), Airdrie, Dunfermline, and.. er... Clyde away. 

25 minutes ago, Bluegrass Bairn said:

And? Yes, he's played well two games running. Said that in the post.

But we've played 20 league games, only won 1 more than half of them, are trailing way off top spot, and one of the main reasons is we've previously lost out badly in midfield - where he plays - to Kelty (twice), Airdrie, Dunfermline, and.. er... Clyde away. 

What do you mean 'and?` 

Your point was that he needs to start performing against better teams than Clyde, I pointed out that he has done just that and more only a week ago. 

Did someone shite in your weetabix this morning? 

Just to confirm "The Fifers" are doing fine and dandy, thanks for asking. 

Pressure is on you next week away to Edinburgh. Here's hoping you cut each others throats while we put Clyde to bed and we'll be 9 clear. Lovely stuff.

1 hour ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Great team performance with everyone contributing. We now look like a team with everyone fighting for the team which is really great to see.

Oliver isn’t a lone striker but he does a job and his hold up play is good. I think he’d be excellent up top with another striker.

Having watched both reds on FFC TV, I don’t think either are anything other than a yellow at most. Referee absolute shit again which seems to be the case every week now.

Really happy with how things are progressing just now after so many seasons of watching terrible teams. Would love to see how the Fifers would cope if a bit of pressure was applied by us getting closer to them.

My one gripe would be the board need to sort this weather. It was so cold yesterday that I think it’s terrible the current board have done nothing about the weather, sack the board I say 😁

Why didn’t you ask Santa for a decent coat and a pair of gloves?

1 hour ago, Harry Kinnear said:

free pie and bovril for all when baltic

15 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I had on a decent coat, body warmer underneath, jumper, gloves, lined boots and was still freezing. It’s maybe an age thing.

Meanwhile I was in Lanzarote in shorts and T-shirt🙂

Bloody freezing this morning now we are home right enough.

24 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I had a t shirt, hoodie, thick jacket, hat and gloves on. 

Next week, I will be adding thermals to that as I was fuckign frozen yesterday. 

Yip, I’m going to definitely add thermals, especially bottoms under my jeans. The cold just goes right up your feet and legs. I stood up quite a lot as I sit in the back row of the KM stand and it made heehaw difference.