The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Ecosse83

Well that was horrendous conditions for a game of football. 

First half comfortable and great pass from Nesbitt for the goal, another assist to add to the collection. 

2nd half still comfortable even when we weee down to 10, I thought Oliver actually played quite well after we went down to 10 but his finishing isn’t the best and isn’t a lone striker, hopefully we get someone else in soon! Overall great result in very tricky conditions. 

Watched the game on Falkirk TV, red may be borderline but I don't see a chance in hell it gets rescinded. Too late, too hard, too late, none of the ball.

Don't know how much contact there was for their red, but that seemed an outstretched leg which caught Henderson's kicking leg.

Apart from that a great performance, really on the front foot, lot's of people getting forward and we kept going even after the chaos in the second half.

More than happy with that!

9 minutes ago, Bairn winner said:

Thought Oliver played well given the job he was given, he is not a lone striker but with the right partner up front could be standout for us.

He doesn't hold the ball up all that well back to goal, but he has a real knack of taking it down and keeping it when running in the channels. 

1 minute ago, Tea and Busquets said:

I think some on here are being incredibly harsh on Oliver again. Done a lot of good work, especially against Grant. He should have scored he’ll not need to be told that. We criticise him but his play allows Kennedy and Morrison to be so effective. 

Oliver played well, twice he should've connected with the ball and finished dbetter but his movement, touch and hold up play was as good as you can hope for.

3 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

I think some on here are being incredibly harsh on Oliver again. Done a lot of good work, especially against Grant. He should have scored he’ll not need to be told that. We criticise him but his play allows Kennedy and Morrison to be so effective. 

He's not a lone striker though.

13 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

He's not a lone striker though.

Based on what? His hold up play is decent, he runs in behind, his touch is very good and brings others into play? Obviously he doesn’t score enough but when he helps bring Morrison, Nesbitt and Kennedy into play that shouldn’t be a worry. 

23 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Based on what? His hold up play is decent, he runs in behind, his touch is very good and brings others into play? Obviously he doesn’t score enough but when he helps bring Morrison, Nesbitt and Kennedy into play that shouldn’t be a worry. 

Did all those things very well. Exactly what I'm looking for in a second striker.