The Falkirk FC Thread

24 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Is that realistic...? Surely there would be serious wailing and gnashing of teeth in Maryhill were that to happen. I'd go so far as to say teeth would indeed be gnashed.

I personally don't think so, but someone mentioned it earlier. I can't imagine McCall would let him leave but f**k knows. 

9 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Alegria apparently recalled for the playing in their B team 

In the lowland league?  Surely not he'll learn absolutely feck all at that level. Why would you drop him to a lower standard when he's doing well at this one crazy.

3 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

In the lowland league?  Surely not he'll learn absolutely feck all at that level. Why would you drop him to a lower standard when he's doing well at this one crazy.

Sounds utter pish TBH 

2 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Which is the whole point of everyone in Lower League being 100% against it. But, hay what do we know, we don’t support proper teams do we!

2 minutes ago, Springfield said:

I wonder how the player feels about this as surely if this is accurate it’s a backward step given he is going to be playing at two levels lower 🤔

2 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Just says he’s returning to the B team as that’s where he was in previous years. Not good enough for their first team so this is where he’ll be for now. I suspect it’s compassionate leave he’s been given and much easier to do that if he’s been recalled.

3 minutes ago, Trump said:

Just says he’s returning to the B team as that’s where he was in previous years. Not good enough for their first team so this is where he’ll be for now. I suspect it’s compassionate leave he’s been given and much easier to do that if he’s been recalled.

I bet he doesn’t kick a ball in that B team 

Think the more pressing issue is getting two strikers in sharpish. At least one minimum before Saturday and who is ready to play. Don't want to run the risk of dropping points in one or two games that we can ill afford because we don't have anything up front. It was fortunate that Nesbitt popped up with two goals on Saturday. 

35 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

This Mick Beale character seems like an absolute used car salesman so who can say really. Having Alegria playing in the LL makes precisely no football sense. 

More to come on the story most likely.

I’d be very surprised if he’s going to play in the B Team given since 2020 he’s mainly played first team football in Finland then at Partick then us.

23 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Think the more pressing issue is getting two strikers in sharpish. At least one minimum before Saturday and who is ready to play. Don't want to run the risk of dropping points in one or two games that we can ill afford because we don't have anything up front. It was fortunate that Nesbitt popped up with two goals on Saturday. 

I think we'll be fine against Clyde with just Burrell & Oliver this weekend.

No need to rush into anything, would be nice if we did bring someone in before then but not the end of the world.

37 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Agree with the first bit, but its not fortune that Nesbitt scored. Its what he should be doing. Henderson allowing him to push on might be a contributory factor but its what we expect of that position. Lawal does it. Nesbitt needs to be the late runner into the box, the guy who shows up unmarked and takes his chances. Hopefully we have stumbled onto the formula that finally makes him that guy. 

The reason I have to feel not too afraid without Alegria is the potential for extra bodies in the box. Rowe brings balance, him and McCann should be getting in the box. Nesbitt Morrison and Kennedy too with the protection offered by Henderson and McGinn.