The Falkirk FC Thread

In the camp of thinking he’s a small loss, but he’s far from irreplaceable. I hope if there are any personal reasons involved that he’s okay, he’s still a young guy. Others have mentioned some good names on here the last few days and you’d really hope McGlynn’s connections would get us somewhere. Fingers crossed.

I expected very little of Alegria, and after his first few games I wasn’t too impressed. He turned out to be much better than Oliver, Wilson, Ruth, Keena, Ompreon etc, and that’s with him directly competing for starts with Burrell. He seemed quite a passionate lad and gave everything. Clearly still a lot of developing to do if he hopes to play at a level higher than league 1. 

He is a loss, but nothing like irreplaceable  and given McGlynn’s reasonably strong record of recruitment so far I’m confident we’ll get a good replacement. 

6 minutes ago, Just a bairn said:

I expected very little of Alegria, and after his first few games I wasn’t too impressed. He turned out to be much better than Oliver, Wilson, Ruth, Keena, Ompreon etc, and that’s with him directly competing for starts with Burrell. He seemed quite a passionate lad and gave everything. Clearly still a lot of developing to do if he hopes to play at a level higher than league 1. 

He is a loss, but nothing like irreplaceable  and given McGlynn’s reasonably strong record of recruitment so far I’m confident we’ll get a good replacement. 

Agree with all of this. 

That said, downgrade though it is, at least we do have Oliver. We should no longer see him in midfield, and don't have to alter the style too much whilst we wait on hopefully getting a physical guy in as a like for like. 

9 minutes ago, Just a bairn said:

The 4-0 game against Airdrie he looked especially clueless, never thought I'd say I'd be gutted he's away.

Hopefully the big man sorts out whatever has happened. 

Euan Henderson come on down. 

3 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

The 4-0 game against Airdrie he looked especially clueless, never thought I'd say I'd be gutted he's away.

Hopefully the big man sorts out whatever has happened. 

Euan Henderson come on down. 

Definitely a confidence player I think. Once he scored his first goal he grew into the team. 

Edited by Just a bairn

It’s a blow for sure to lose him but I’m not as fussed or see it as a big loss as some others. There is a player in there definitely he just doesn’t always show it of course.  From him and Burrell I felt we always looked better with Burrell as the main striker but just my opinion.

Wish him all the best but I’m confident that McGlynn will be able to find an adequate replacement.

15 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

We need someone with a bit of physicality about them for a different option now. Someone who can go up against the Dillions, Waddles and Benedictus’ of the league. 

I’m sure it was talked about after the game on Saturday, I’ve not checked tbf, and I’m not saying he’s the answer but I thought Gary Oliver played Sean Dillon better than any other of our strikers he’s come up against since we came down. Dillon usually has the cigars out against us but that was the first time I can remember being ratted and struggling.

We absolutely do need another striker in, I’d have been looking for one even if Alegria had stayed, but I feel in the odd game that Oliver might have a part to play and role to fill as a striker. Big issue is of course that he just doesn’t score goals.

5 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

It's still early and we knew - and wanted - there to be departures but it does feel like we've been weakened during this window rather than strengthened - so far.

Not even half way through the window🤦‍♂️Of course letting go of 4 players and bringing in 1 is weakening the squad. We will sign 2 or 3 more and we will leave the window stronger than we entered it.

9 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

It's still early and we knew - and wanted - there to be departures but it does feel like we've been weakened during this window rather than strengthened - so far.

I wouldn't really say that.

Morrison & Hogarth are like for like, would have been ideal to have the two but not essential when we have Martin as well.

Wilson, Ross and Hetherington were all bit part players that didn't add anything for is so getting them off the wage bill was a plus.

We signed a much needed right back who had a positive debut and McGlynn's already said he's hoping for another 3 in so he obviously knew Alegria was most likely leaving.

Alegria's the biggest blow but it all depends who the next 3 signings are as they're going to make or break our season.

Edited by FFC 1876

2 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Surprised at how down you seem with the news, with you predominantly playing one upfront I thought Burrel was the far better player. 

They complimented each other quite well. Get an hour out of 1 and get the other on to run the legs off defenders without having to change your game too much.