The Falkirk FC Thread

56 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Unless someone offers rangers money and a permanent deal for either of them I'd expect them to still be here come 1st of Feb.

Can’t see anyone paying cash for Kennedy after a couple years of floundering in the championship a 2 month spell in league 1 isn’t going to convince someone to pay cash when he’s free to go at the end of the season - Kennedy that is. 

23 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

Can’t see anyone paying cash for Kennedy after a couple years of floundering in the championship a 2 month spell in league 1 isn’t going to convince someone to pay cash when he’s free to go at the end of the season - Kennedy that is. 

He'll not be free in July as he's only 20 but I do agree I can't see anyone being desperate to offer money for him at the moment.

15 minutes ago, SouthStander1876 said:

Kabia back at Livingston. Too ambitious?

Struggled at Morton this season but given how lively he looked with us last year in a right pish poor team I'd be more than happy with that.

He can also play out wide. Will probably end up at Queen of the South with Bartley.

Edited by FFC 1876

6 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Struggled at Morton this season but given how lively he looked with us last year in a right pish poor team I'd be more than happy with that.

He can also play out wide. Will probably end up at Queen of the South with Bartley.

That will be tasty when we play them again. Jaze will give out as much as he takes from the fans😂

32 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

He'll not be free in July as he's only 20 but I do agree I can't see anyone being desperate to offer money for him at the moment.

Aye wee drop of training compensation as no word of rangers offering him anything as of yet.

25 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

If I were to pick any reserve player from the top league I'd still be gunning for Euan Henderson, was hoping McGlynn with his Hearts links could get him in. Don't think he's played that much this season for hearts. 

You beat me to it & definitely fits bill of more physicality for front line 

Reading the Kelty thread suggests Nicky Low may have went back to Arbroath. I definitely think he could make a difference in our midfield for the rest of the season. He was the best player on the park when they beat us at Falkirk.

The way McGlynn described the build up to the Hetherington deal sounded like he has a decent relationship with Dick Campbell 

2 minutes ago, Shabba said:

Reading the Kelty thread suggests Nicky Low may have went back to Arbroath. I definitely think he could make a difference in our midfield for the rest of the season. He was the best player on the park when they beat us at Falkirk.

The way McGlynn described the build up to the Hetherington deal sounded like he has a decent relationship with Dick Campbell 

I’m not sure we can sign him this season as he’s played for Abroath and Kelty already this season.

3 hours ago, Kircer bairn said:

Could it be that Weston is an addition to the wide players in the preferred 3 up front system we are playing every week & giving us options to rotate with Morrison & Kennedy, not forgetting McGuffie 

Let’s forget McGuffie.

4 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Going to have to spend this full January shitting ourselves that Alegria & or Kennedy may be snatched away at anytime aren't we.

McGlynn mentioned possibly a further 3 signings this window, one being a striker. Will be interesting to see where else he's looking at strengthening.

If Kennedy and Alegria leave it'll be more like possibly 5 signings this window. We were always needing  another striker and midfielder regardless. I just hope by the end of the transfer window we aren't weaker for it. 

1 hour ago, Shabba said:

You wonder why they've taken hetherington if they already have low.

🎙️ First podcast of 2023 under our belts. We…

* Reviewed the 2-1 win over Montrose
* Discussed all of the transfer rumours & latest Bairns news
* Previewed the Clyde match this Saturday

Plus…
* How to win 2 x Hall of Fame “Russell Latapy night” tickets with Elt. events worth £250

48A94955-30FB-4363-B5B6-EC660D23B943.thumb.jpeg.ac166185481e54af8bbf0de9eb258c22.jpeg

Edited by RC55 FFC

4 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

You wonder why they've taken hetherington if they already have low.

Probably because regardless of what league Arbroath find themselves in next season there's a contract at the end of it for Hetherington injured as he is at the moment. Low is probably just a stop gap. 

10 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

Probably because regardless of what league Arbroath find themselves in next season there's a contract at the end of it for Hetherington injured as he is at the moment. Low is probably just a stop gap. 

But low is a far better player than hetherington surely. It's hetherington that should be the stop gap I'd have thought.