The Falkirk FC Thread

Lots of speculation over signings/loans finishing on here. By and large now up to the day they are signed most of it is a lot of shite. 
It looks like the Alegria situation is a one off listening to McGlynn. 
As far as players coming in the club look to have battened down the hatches on stuff coming out so I for one am happy to wait and see what transpires. 

3 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Lots of speculation over signings/loans finishing on here. By and large now up to the day they are signed most of it is a lot of shite. 
It looks like the Alegria situation is a one off listening to McGlynn. 
As far as players coming in the club look to have battened down the hatches on stuff coming out so I for one am happy to wait and see what transpires. 

Don't want to act like a guy who's claiming to know any players. But I can say for a fact one has been talking about Alegria leaving to other people. Whether it transpires or not we will find out.

4 minutes ago, lanky_ffc said:

Scored 35 in the LL last season. 

Is he being proposed as another option or a replacement for Alegria?

A completely different player to Alegria who would be a big miss imo his link up play is good and has 6 goals which is about 6 more than I expected given the reviews from Partick fans. Regardless we need another option upfront and if he goes then 2 required.

Going to have to spend this full January shitting ourselves that Alegria & or Kennedy may be snatched away at anytime aren't we.

McGlynn mentioned possibly a further 3 signings this window, one being a striker. Will be interesting to see where else he's looking at strengthening.

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

Being told from same source that Partick CF being recalled, so maybe some traction on what’s happening. 

Is your source the news?

https://www.glasgowlive.co.uk/sport/tony-weston-rangers-return-partick-25911129?int_source=amp_continue_reading&int_medium=amp&int_campaign=continue_reading_button#amp-readmore-target

1 minute ago, FFC 1876 said:

Going to have to spend this full January shitting ourselves that Alegria & or Kennedy may be snatched away at anytime aren't we.

McGlynn mentioned possibly a further 3 signings this window, one being a striker. Will be interesting to see where else he's looking at strengthening.

I think rangers will be happy for Kennedy to stay as long as he's playing. If anyone wants to sign him from rangers they will have to pay a fee and I'm not entirely convinced he's done enough over the past few years for someone to pay it . That may change if he continues to perform with us though. His contract runs out in the summer but even then being only 20 rangers will be due cash for him. Alegria again this appears to have been his best loan spell to date. He seems happy here and is getting a reasonably regular game so I'd be surprised if he'd be recalled.

20 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Na, just a friend that is a Rangers ST holder and shareholder. Don’t think he’s getting it from press, believe another colleague.

39 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

The fact he's said 3 instead of the 2 more we expected is a little bit worrying, could the 3rd be a potential replacement for kennedy if he is recalled? However the fact we may be getting weston kind of puts to bed the rumours of Rangers recalling them

5 minutes ago, superandy_07 said:

Kennedy and Alegria are both season long loans 

Might be totally irrelevant. Hearts recalled Aidan Keena & Malaury Martin from us halfway thro previously agreed season long loans.

12 minutes ago, SouthStander1876 said:

Would be a strange decision from Rangers to recall Alegria and Kennedy, both playing very well and seeming to enjoy themselves. Can't see an upside to recalling them

Unless someone offers rangers money and a permanent deal for either of them I'd expect them to still be here come 1st of Feb.

37 minutes ago, SouthStander1876 said:

The fact he's said 3 instead of the 2 more we expected is a little bit worrying, could the 3rd be a potential replacement for kennedy if he is recalled? However the fact we may be getting weston kind of puts to bed the rumours of Rangers recalling them

Could it be that Weston is an addition to the wide players in the preferred 3 up front system we are playing every week & giving us options to rotate with Morrison & Kennedy, not forgetting McGuffie 

2 minutes ago, Kircer bairn said:

Could it be that Weston is an addition to the wide players in the preferred 3 up front system we are playing every week & giving us options to rotate with Morrison & Kennedy, not forgetting McGuffie 

Suppose so, as it seems he can play out wide or through the middle, so seems to be great cover. However if we get him, Rangers would be wanting him to start. He's being recalled from Partick due to lack of starts/game time.