The Falkirk FC Thread

4 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

We'd better make sure that we win our cup game then, yes? Would hate to be helping their financial situation. Although obviously it would be a shame for our fans to miss out on a Saturday game.

Not sure we’d want another away game if 11th Feb is a possibility. 

26 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

So, anyone clued up on this latest OF loan player? Tony Weston? Was recently on loan at plastic whistle.

He's a small quick striker, when he played for Partick whistle it was normally out wide the majority of the time. 

Partick were keen to keep him but Rangers recalled him as they wanted him starting more. I don't imagine there's much in the rumour.

Edited by FFC 1876

3 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

He's a small quick striker, when he played for Partick whistle it was normally out wide the majority of the time. 

Partick were keen to keep him but Rangers recalled him as they wanted him starting more. I don't imagine there's much in the rumour.

Ah ok. As I don’t do the big social media platforms, it was my better half telling me that we’d signed this guy on loan. I take it someone on Bookface is getting ahead of themselves.

2 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

A Pars fan at my work has heard suggestions that Dunfermline want to wait and see what happens in the next round of the cup and if both teams exit their preference is to schedule the game for 11th February to minimise the impact on their financial losses vs a midweek fixture.

That will be the same "suggestion"  that someone posted on dafc.net last Monday. I know you desperately want to believe we're in as much financial shite as your mob come on.....

Edited by da_no_1

9 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

That will be the same "suggestion"  that someone posted on dafc.net last Monday. I know you desperately want to believe we're in as much financial shite as your mob come on.....

No he didn’t mention financial trouble at all. You must be the only person that doesn’t see the financial benefit of playing this game on a Saturday.

Every club in Scotland apart from Celtic needs to pull every financial lever they can and for Dunfermline, playing this match on Scottish Cup weekend, if at all possible, makes absolute sense.

Just now, Springfield said:

Had a chat early with a friend who supports the blue side of Glasgow. Apparently new boss recalling all loanees. 

Clearly utter tripe as we have been told to keep our Ibrox loanee

1 minute ago, FFC 1876 said:

Aye he's only recalling the good players.

Suits us, he's played well in patches and had Darren McGregor on toast in the reserve cup. 

Just now, SouthStander1876 said:

Do Scumfermline fans live on this page?

Brilliant one what a zinger.

10 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

He’s only 5 ft 7 so a completely different style from Alegria I’d assume - would require tactical tweaks if what you are saying is true.

I’ve no idea if this is true, guy is a friend but unable to confirm. Like all fans really hoping this is a pile of shite.