The Falkirk FC Thread

Accompanied by a “neutral” and a great friend from Glasgow’s west end. Interesting to hear his views on todays game. Won’t go on too much but thought the refereeing/lines was utterly appalling and thought the standard was schoolboy level.

Interesting to hear his views. Thought PJ, Rowe, McCann, Henderson, Nesbit, Kennedy were far ahead of others, and liked the effort/running of Morrison and Oliver. Rest he said we’re just about level with this division. 
On the whole can’t disagree too much, but I mentioned we’d probably have lost this game until McGlynn took over.

Dont want to go on about McGinn but he’s done after 60 mins and he takes the team into a crazy open set up for the last 20 mins.

17 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Edinburgh are honking. I expected the pars to stick a good few past them today.

By all accounts they should’ve in the first half. No idea what the other teams in the league are playing at when they face Edinburgh. 

3 points is all you can say about today and the only really important take. By God, e we sure make it difficult for ourselves between passing up great chances and gifting silly goals.
Goal difference could be crucial and we seem to do our best to stop opening any real gap on the Fifers. TBH I’m starting to struggle to see where they are losing 7 points, they just seem to roll on and do the necessary. 
Much will depend on the 2/3 new players coming in BUT we need to stop offering encouragement to our opponents. 

11 minutes ago, bejazz1 said:

3 points is all you can say about today and the only really important take. By God, e we sure make it difficult for ourselves between passing up great chances and gifting silly goals.
Goal difference could be crucial and we seem to do our best to stop opening any real gap on the Fifers. TBH I’m starting to struggle to see where they are losing 7 points, they just seem to roll on and do the necessary. 
Much will depend on the 2/3 new players coming in BUT we need to stop offering encouragement to our opponents. 

I wouldn't say today was any fault of the players more the referee was what held us back with his crazy decisions.

Kick on now Aidan son. Yeah, naw, thought Aidan played well today and came across really good in his interview! Some player Kennedy is - hopefully he can add a few more goals to his game between now and the end of the season. Lots of things to be optimistic about just waiting for it all to click now!

3 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

Great performance for him like I say he is telferesque at times but I think this season McGlynn has helped his game/confidence the second goal was a cracker.

He still looks like Gollum mind you

image.png.9aa05c510fccc73ba45659ade1aa74fe.png2023.07.07 (2).jpg

Thats harsh i think he scrubs up well.NINTCHDBPICT000592026134.thumb.jpg.19c866033fa9a739c391e46b9ccca22f.jpg

4 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Is it just me or is that not a stonewall penalty on Henderson in the second half. He shoots just wide but the Montrose defender goes right through him . 

I think those ones are difficult for a referee as where do you draw the line, the players got his shot off without being interefered with.  You very rarely see a foul after that. 

Really you'd be disappointed if it was given against you as where is your player meant to go to stop that happening?

Edited by FFC 1876

6 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

I think those ones are difficult for a referee as where do you draw the line, the players got his shot off without being interefered with.  You very rarely see a foul after that. 

Really you'd be disappointed if it was given against you as where is your player meant to go to stop that happening?

It's a free-kick anywhere else on the pitch so should be a penalty in the box. 

3 hours ago, bairn88 said:

That Rowe “goal” is a wild optical illusion. Definitely just hits the bar and comes out, but because he slams into the net it almost looks like the ball gets caught in the top of the net (which it definitely doesn’t) 

It is actually a sitter the lad has missed 

4 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Years ago that was never given but in the last couple of seasons these are now being given regularly. Someone got a pen against us for the same kind of thing not that long ago and the pars pen at east end was  similar too.

Edited by Shodwall cat

Id have said the Henderson one is a stonewaller tbh. 

That aside, we seem to finally be seeing some evolution happening in our side. Most of it stemming from the move of Henderson into midfield and Kennedy finally being fit enough to show his ability to my mind. Him and Nesbitt seem to link up well. 

Watched the highlights and the young Montrose gk done really well, a few good stops. PJ save one on one was a great stop and thought his awareness around the box was so much better, hopefully his fitness/confidence increasing with game time. Not a fan of Oliver & Nesbit but credit where due, both covered every blade of grass and Nesbit rewarded with two goals. Montrose got away with so many wrong decisions and with better refereeing could have been one/two players down. McGinn dropping into a basic sweeper after 70 mins, almost cost us, with the a huge whole in midfield. With no real CF starting we’ve got to be happy with the three points, still reckon another two or three decent guys in, could be the difference where we finish the season. 

Lastly. Some appalling decisions with all the officials throughout and with no official SFA observation these guys go unpunished. The Montrose bench for the 100 minutes played, constantly questioning the officials from the word go. Absolutely appalling.

Guest Caractacus Potts
21 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

Where would Latapy fit into that though? Asking for a friend lol 

It’s unfortunate you can’t compare his contribution to players in other leagues as otherwise he’d have more assists than anyone in the Premiership. 

I wasn’t sure about Kennedy but he has started to play very well. A real positive from the last few weeks. He has much more to his game than than Morrison IMO. 

I do have concerns over the CB position. Mackie is a strange player. Sometimes he has a relatively sound game with nothing overly concerning (like QOTS), then there are games like yesterday where he hoofs random passes to nobody, gives away daft fouls and panics the whole back line. I don’t think he is the answer unfortunately. I think McKay overall is more solid than him but that’s not saying much. 

I’d like to see what level Watson is at when he returns from injury, although to be honest I reckon he’ll go out on loan and we won’t see him play again for us.