The Falkirk FC Thread

I wasn't there but looked from BBC live text that it was squeaky bum time right at the end.  Three points is all that matters right now. 

Meanwhile, very pleasing that the greasy one's return to Cove ended 0-6.  Schadenfreude is a bit childish but very satisfying.

19 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Looked good, got up and down the line all day, put in a few dangerous crosses, was denied the goal after a few minutes but it was really hard to tell whether or not it actually was in. 

What I loved from him was how hungry he was to win the ball back if we'd gave it away.

It was in, ball bounces off ground onto roof of net - you can see it bulge in the FTV footage. was the worst officiating I’ve seen in decades. 

Strong performance from us, especially given Montrose looked a decent enough side.

Nesbitt had possibly his best performance in a Falkirk shirt- we need to see much more of that from him. Kennedy also had a really good game and Rowe looked solid.

I didn’t think Oliver contributed much upfront and Donaldson and Mackie were a bit shaky at times.

Sort of happy for Nesbitt but worry that it’s paper over cracks, new system obviously worked better for him personally. 

Maybe if Henderson plays more at CM he’ll get closer with the chances from the edge but was good to see two guys doing physical stuff right in the middle and let McGinn get wee but further forward.

Would defo focus on a forward now tbh, especially if Algeria is going to be away for a bit. 

Guest Ecosse83

Felt comfortable today but always a wee tinge of Montrose could get back into it, a bit of a weird one! 

Thought Nesbitt was good today and Kennedy was quality. Liked Henderson in the middle of the park and looks like he will be a bit of a goal threat as well. Shame they scored late but another 3 points and onto next week now! 

Also the save from the 1v1 by Morrison was quality, still looks a bit shaky from cross balls but that will hopefully improve

Edited by Ecosse83

Definitely hope Alegria will be back soon as missed him upfront today. Thought Henderson done well again in the midfield. Mackie looked really shaky at the back, but Rowe came into the game as it went on and could've had a goal at the start (need to watch Falkirk Tv to see if it crossed the line or not). Also, as good as Nesbitt was, still hope Lawal is back soon as he will be just right behind the striker

Well deserved win. Montrose were very direct, very physical and naughty at times. 
Nesbitt benefitted having Henderson and McGinn behind him and had his best game for a good while. Rowe had a fine debut.
The “goal” early on was really odd. It was not over the line when it came down off the bar but looked like it may have spun back and bounced into the roof of the net. Need to see again though. 
Montrose can moan all they want about the second goal but their keeper should be saving that. 
People slaughtering our CH’s frustrates me. Montrose pumped it long all day to McAlistair and Webster who are two giants. It is not easy to handle that approach, but the longer the game went the better they dealt with it. 
3 points - take it and move onto Clyde hopefully with 2/3 to boost the squad. 

Edited by Back Post Misses

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

How did Blaine Rowe do today folks?

He put in some great delivery into the box, the kinda type that doesn't need much to score from and looked solid enough to tick all the boxes.

For me we were putting in too many predictable crosses into the box first half that was far too easy for Montrose to defend.

Kennedy had a great game and I didn't think Burrell looked 100% when he came on which maybe the reason he was on the bench.

All about the 3pts now 

I published the assist table earlier this week on here showing that Nesbitt was top but his goal contribution was zero.

As usual Nesbitt got a fair bit of stick so pretty sure that response of cupping his ears to the home crowd was directed at a few on here (Pedro)😀. Incidentally assist from corners also validly count as assists!

Thought Nesbitt had a great game but Kennedy also looked unstoppable at times. Disappointed in Morrison again in a game where as a team, it was up there with our best performance of the season.

New right back also had a good game and I thought our defence was solid against a decent attacking side.

A good day at the office all round…..

Guest Wind Chime Jimmy
I hope Falkirk survive in this league this season. Obviously Pars and Embra will be promoted. So good luck next season.

10 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Made for a nice picture though. 😁

Great performance for him like I say he is telferesque at times but I think this season McGlynn has helped his game/confidence the second goal was a cracker.

He still looks like Gollum mind you

image.png.9aa05c510fccc73ba45659ade1aa74fe.png2023.07.07 (2).jpg

Edited by AL-FFC

I thought we played well today and won against a team who we’ve struggled against over the past 2 seasons.

Personally I’m pleased for Nesbitt. He worked hard today and earned his 2 goals. He’s become the player in the squad that a lot of fans point the finger at when things aren’t going well so absolutely deserves a lot of praise and credit tonight.

Well played son.

Was in hospitality today, which was well done as ever.  Donaldson, Mackie and Nesbitt in afterwards…Nesbitt’s a gallus wee fucker but very likeable, was chatting to him for a bit.  As said earlier I think he’s vastly improved and was out MotM even without the goals today.

Elsewhere I’d say Henderson, Kennedy, Donaldson and Rowe were our best.  Mackie unusually shaky, and McGinn’s downward trajectory continues I’m afraid.  However, a win is a win.

Ref was just astonishingly shite.  Made for such a stop/start game.  Dillon really is a very professional footballer, the type we all hate to play against but would love in our team!

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

Well deserved win. Montrose were very direct, very physical and naughty at times. 
Nesbitt benefitted having Henderson and McGinn behind him and had his best game for a good while. Rowe had a fine debut.
The “goal” early on was really odd. It was not over the line when it came down off the bar but looked like it may have spun back and bounced into the roof of the net. Need to see again though. 
Montrose can moan all they want about the second goal but their keeper should be saving that. 
People slaughtering our CH’s frustrates me. Montrose pumped it long all day to McAlistair and Webster who are two giants. It is not easy to handle that approach, but the longer the game went the better they dealt with it. 
3 points - take it and move onto Clyde hopefully with 2/3 to boost the squad. 

Montrose were very naughty all the time

Pleased to get the 3pts considering our previous results against them. Deserved too.  

The ref/linos though…🤦🏼‍♂️. We’ve seen some belters down here but these guys take the worst ever awards. Shocking for both teams. 

Fair play to Nesbitt today. Played very well & took his goals well too. Assumed he was cupping his ears at the Montrose bench who didn’t stop moaning all day but others think it was at the fans? Could be but he has deserved criticism in most games. Agree with BPM, thought it helped having McGinn & Henderson behind him.  Kennedy strong shout for MOTM too imho. 

Good debut for young Rowe 👏🏻

Petrie & Campbell on their bench….Roond ye fifers 😂

Edited by RC55 FFC