The Falkirk FC Thread

Genuinely nice guy who it just never quite worked out for with us. One thing that can never be faulted was his effort and anytime I spoke to him in hospitality, he came across as someone who wishes things were different and cared about the position the team was in. I hope he gets time to play with a team who play a bit more to his strengths.

1 hour ago, Brockvillenomore said:

Honest, hard working player who gives his best every game. It just didn’t click with us. He never hid in my view and when others around him did his limitations showed and the fans were on his back.

The way we play just doesn’t suit him, IMHO he isn’t mobile enough for passing, possession football. He was always at his best when it was a battle, or on a terrible pitch, Wick this season springs to mind. With Dumbarton last season  

I wish him well. He was offered a two year full time contract and accepted it. Why wouldn’t he? The problem was in the squad recruitment last season that was way way short of what it needed to be. He needed better players around him and I’m sure being appointed captain made it even more difficult. 

Not that it matters a jot to how he performs on the park but he is a really nice guy, modest, friendly and approachable. Any time I saw him at a function or post match in hospitality he was a class act. 

I hope he does well for you. 

Brilliant post mate.

1 hour ago, bairn88 said:

On a small pitch he can run around a lot chasing people, his “best”games for us have been when he’s come on and harried opposition, winning the ball back. It’s after that happens where issues arise 

Exactly this! The Alloa tv guys said similar when he first played for us against them, said his biggest strength is how hard he works to win the ball after he’s gave it away. 

It took until he took a penalty against morton at the start of the season to realise he’s actually left footed 🤷🏻‍♂️ as both are terrible.

Another player that shrinks away and hides when the opposition are up for it. Him and Gary Miller last season is up there with some of the worst midfield combos I’ve seen in a Falkirk jersey and I include Paul Paton and Prince Bauben in that.

Credit where it’s due he always came across well but it’s on the park that really counts

23 hours ago, Caractacus Potts said:

So can only compare to players when we have played in the third tier of Scottish Football? Why not admit you read it wrong. It’s about impact to the club.

Morrison is playing as big a role in this team as others have done, regardless of leagues. He’s as important to this current team as those players in their teams. Doesn’t mean he’s better but would be as big a loss as they would be for the respective teams. 

Please understand the point and stop trying to misconstrue it to save face. 

Well yes, when you are deliberately quoting stats to prove effectiveness to the team. Otherwise, why stop with Latapy , compare Morrison's stats to Messi in the World Cup and say look Morrison has more assists. 

I understand it's about "impact to the club" and I'd be astounded at anyone agreeing Morrison has a bigger impact than Latapy.

My issue with this has always been you comparing Latapy's stats to Morrison's, I don't think I read that wrong, you did do that didn't you? It's just daft when RL was playing against defenders worth millions (for an underdog team in that league) and Morrison is playing against, in many cases, part time defenders when he is clearly one of the better players in his league - you can't use goals and assists in this scenario.     

And on a faceless football forum trust me I'm not worried about losing face.        

3 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/10023529/celtic-striker-anthony-stokes-charged-suspected-cocaine/

What a player he was as a young laddie for us but what a low life he has become.

Playing for Hibs did this to him basically

Guest Caractacus Potts
53 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

Well yes, when you are deliberately quoting stats to prove effectiveness to the team. Otherwise, why stop with Latapy , compare Morrison's stats to Messi in the World Cup and say look Morrison has more assists. 

I understand it's about "impact to the club" and I'd be astounded at anyone agreeing Morrison has a bigger impact than Latapy.

My issue with this has always been you comparing Latapy's stats to Morrison's, I don't think I read that wrong, you did do that didn't you? It's just daft when RL was playing against defenders worth millions (for an underdog team in that league) and Morrison is playing against, in many cases, part time defenders when he is clearly one of the better players in his league - you can't use goals and assists in this scenario.     

And on a faceless football forum trust me I'm not worried about losing face.        

Honestly this is just weird now. I know what I meant as did others. Finding someone who can create, score and assist is important to any club and is rare to find at whatever level. If people don’t realise their worth then ofcourse if accurate you can pull out Messi numbers to show they’re providing the same stats. 

Anyway fed up explaining it so if it makes you sleep better then you misconstrue whatever I say as to how you want to believe it. 

34 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Do we really think Messi could cut it in Scottish League 1? Would be interesting as it is a completely different game to the level he excels at.

It’d be even harder to excel if Miller and Cracks or Rennie was his manager, they’d try and convert him into holding midfielder 🤦🏻‍♂️

11 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Possibly a bit of a design flaw in that you can’t really have away fans totally segregated in the main stand due to the  toilets and kiosks unless you give away half the stage.

Got to say though I’d be looking at alternatives to opening the north stand to potentially 50 people.

Bring back the gazebo

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Squad going to look a bit thin today without Alegria and Lawal plus the bodies that have shipped out.

3 in the door at 09:01 please 

I think there will be announcement(s) this morning. 

Marketing ploy or paperwork related as long as we get some signing emojis pre-game I don't mind.

Just listened to Manager’s interview & how refreshing it us to have a guy speak with transparency & clarity on what we as fans need to hear. The prospect of at least two if not 3 incoming players puts to bed the rumours to the contrary & excited to see who is next in pipeline, both in position & player profile. 

As an aside the references to his relationships with other managers etc is a measure of his own positive profile in Scottish game & we must be benefiting from this in the bigger picture going forward.

My starting 11 for today would be

Morison in goals 

Back 4 of Rowe Donaldson Mackie & McCann

Centre mid of McGinn & Henderson 

Yeats in hole

Front 3 of Morrison Burrell & Kennedy

That leaves bench of

Martin,, McKay, Oliver, McGuffie, Nesbitt, Caroll, & maybe couple of new faces?