The Falkirk FC Thread

12 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

All very positive news so far in the window. All the players have joined Scottish clubs and I expect McGlynn’s standing in our game and the respect he is held in will have helped him secure moves for the players.

Not convinced McGlynn will be finding clubs for players but he will have made it clear to these players that they were out the plans. The players and their agents will sort their new clubs IMO and any deals to get the players players he will be negotiating 

Edited by Back Post Misses

7 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Not convinced McGlynn will be finding clubs for players but he will have made it clear to these players that they were out the plans. The players and their agents will sort their new clubs IMO and any deals to get the players players he will be negotiating 

Don’t you think though if he has long standing relationships with coaches, then it will support the off-loading ? It certainly won’t hinder it. For example, Campbell may have asked McGlynn about Hetherington’s attitude, application etc whereas he may not have reached out to Rennie.

I think his long service and reputation in the Scottish game is a real positive. 

11 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Don’t you think though if he has long standing relationships with coaches, then it will support the off-loading ? It certainly won’t hinder it. For example, Campbell may have asked McGlynn about Hetherington’s attitude, application etc whereas he may not have reached out to Rennie.

I think his long service and reputation in the Scottish game is a real positive. 

I would say it's a near certainty we have a lot to thank McGlynn for here over and above simply telling these players they are surplus to requirements. Out financial position, coupled with the speed and success rate with which it has happened don't scream to me that the manager has simply told them they can do one. 

McGlynn knew only by moving guys on in a financially prudent way could release finds for the squad. It would have been irresponsible of him as a manager to run the risk of pissing these guys off AND still having them on the books come February. 

43 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Nightmare that Alegria's out for tomorrow as Dillon had Burrell on toast the last game. 

If we use burrell right he should have the pace to give Dillon nightmares. Dillon looked finished when he played against us for united back when we actually had a half decent side.  I think the fact we have been so bad over the past few seasons has allowed him to look decent again.

19 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/10023529/celtic-striker-anthony-stokes-charged-suspected-cocaine/

What a player he was as a young laddie for us but what a low life he has become.

George Craig won a watch when he was offered him on loan out of the blue,he nearly passed on the deal as well.

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I am sure there are conversations and his relationships will help but I don’t think it will be McGlynn finding the clubs. I would think every club in Scotland would know who is available from where and that it will be a moving feast as clubs sign other players therefore freeing up a player in their squad who maybe wasn’t available the week before. 

Guest Ecosse83

Squad getting tidied up nicely now. Hopefully mcguffie gets an offer elsewhere and we can get shot and get a replacement in. 

Shame about Alegria tomorrow 🤦‍♂️

53 minutes ago, Anotherlichtie said:

I find the signing of Heatherington very underwhelming. Is there anything the Falkirk support can say to change my mind? 

He probably will fit into Campbell’s route one football better than our style meaning he doesn’t need to get involved in much of the build up play. He will be booked in most games too. 

1 hour ago, Anotherlichtie said:

I find the signing of Heatherington very underwhelming. Is there anything the Falkirk support can say to change my mind? 

McGlynn alluded to the fact in his pre match interview that it seems a permanent  deal with you lot was on the cards for Hetherington after the loan. Seems Campbell had asked about him previously, so good luck. He's out of contract with us at the end of the season. Pairing him with Jacobs is madness although I hear he's injured. I want to wish Hetherington well but he like many others from the Sheerin/Holt debacle should never have been signed. He's just a very very ordinary footballer. 

On a small pitch he can run around a lot chasing people, his “best”games for us have been when he’s come on and harried opposition, winning the ball back. It’s after that happens where issues arise 

Guest Brockvillenomore

Honest, hard working player who gives his best every game. It just didn’t click with us. He never hid in my view and when others around him did his limitations showed and the fans were on his back.

The way we play just doesn’t suit him, IMHO he isn’t mobile enough for passing, possession football. He was always at his best when it was a battle, or on a terrible pitch, Wick this season springs to mind. With Dumbarton last season  

I wish him well. He was offered a two year full time contract and accepted it. Why wouldn’t he? The problem was in the squad recruitment last season that was way way short of what it needed to be. He needed better players around him and I’m sure being appointed captain made it even more difficult. 

Not that it matters a jot to how he performs on the park but he is a really nice guy, modest, friendly and approachable. Any time I saw him at a function or post match in hospitality he was a class act. 

I hope he does well for you. 

Edited by Brockvillenomore