The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, grumpyoldman said:

Why does Kennedy being on loan mean there are connotations too. 
You can’t seriously think Rangers would want him back

He's out of contract in the summer, so they could want to sell him in January or ask for more of his wages to be covered. Ala Zack Rudden, ala Declan Mcmanus. Always the risk with loan deals when they have a recall option.

25 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

He's out of contract in the summer, so they could want to sell him in January or ask for more of his wages to be covered. Ala Zack Rudden, ala Declan Mcmanus. Always the risk with loan deals when they have a recall option.

Rudden was a six month loan deal and was recalled at the end of that period, Rangers then sold him to Partick

McManus was a season long loan and was recalled at the end of that period. Ross Co then released him

Kennedy is a season long deal, unless you know otherwise I would expect him to be here for the season

23 hours ago, Caractacus Potts said:

I did say that before, please read back and stop trying to make out like I said Morrison was better than Latapy or Sibbald. 

Why compare him with players from a different era playing at a much higher standard then? It's nonsense. 

Guest Caractacus Potts
15 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

Why compare him with players from a different era playing at a much higher standard then? It's nonsense. 

So can only compare to players when we have played in the third tier of Scottish Football? Why not admit you read it wrong. It’s about impact to the club.

Morrison is playing as big a role in this team as others have done, regardless of leagues. He’s as important to this current team as those players in their teams. Doesn’t mean he’s better but would be as big a loss as they would be for the respective teams. 

Please understand the point and stop trying to misconstrue it to save face. 

11 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Just had a look at Alex Jakubiak’s stats this season and looks like he’s hardly played for Dundee. Could he be a makeweight if Morrison was to move on?

The one man in Scotland that would give Williamson a run for his money on the injury sweepstake.

6 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

That happens a lot, so probably  

He was pretty shite for cove too according to their fans. Was struggling for a game when Holt appeared and offered them the chance to offload him and somehow get a few Bob out of it.

18 games to go, 19 weeks till last game at Peterhead. A few weeks still to wheel and deal. Exit gate hopefully gaining momentum. Around 60% of players out of contract at season end.
Still think if we can identify a couple of decent players it could make a huge difference for claiming top spot.

I think that Williamson would surely be on the list for getting freed (if he's fit enough to find another club) as he's at best 2nd choice for that position and we have Yeats/McKay to cover for Rowe there if need be. I imagine Williamson is on a decent wage too so any savings we can make there would be great, again not wanting to free an injured player but if he had somewhere to go.

25 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

I think that Williamson would surely be on the list for getting freed (if he's fit enough to find another club) as he's at best 2nd choice for that position and we have Yeats/McKay to cover for Rowe there if need be. I imagine Williamson is on a decent wage too so any savings we can make there would be great, again not wanting to free an injured player but if he had somewhere to go.

Williamson must be at the point of considering not going to another football club in order to secure a wage for him and his family tbf, which is a real shame for the laddie. 

14 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Just had a look at Alex Jakubiak’s stats this season and looks like he’s hardly played for Dundee. Could he be a makeweight if Morrison was to move on?

No thanks - never fit and too expensive 

19 minutes ago, Disco Duck said:

Yeah I feel sorry for Williamson.  He’s got some talent but he must be at the stage of considering alternative careers.  Can’t imagine he’s on a huge amount though, given his age.

I can't help but compare him to Kieran Duffie in recovering from injuries.

Some players seem to be made of glass and no matter how talented they are they can't "trust" their own bodies eventually.