The Falkirk FC Thread

38 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Is McGuffie not one of our players with most appearances this season if you include all competitions and appearances from the bench ? It feels to me like he’s pretty much a regular ??

Since Kennedy got fit and Lawal got up to speed he has been pretty much sidelined. Looks very much fringe to me now. Could be wrong of course 

Guest FFC1965

No harm to either but Wilson & Ross leaving are two marquee departures.    

If the club can shift even just one more (Im assuming Hetherington would be next to leave if anybody - maybe punt him back to Alloa?) it will have been a very good window  

12 minutes ago, FFC1965 said:

No harm to either but Wilson & Ross leaving are two marquee departures.    

If the club can shift even just one more (Im assuming Hetherington would be next to leave if anybody - maybe punt him back to Alloa?) it will have been a very good window  

Dunno if they lifted it from here but Alloa thread mentioning Hetherington to Arbroath on loan

Given that Southstander is clearly John McGlynn or someone, I’m gona assume there is some truth in this striker rumour. The window has only been open 5 days and we’ve added a right back, a striker is incoming and we’ve shifted 2 diddies with Hetherington rumoured to be next. Sensational stuff 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

8 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Would be madness if he got a move upwards but I'm all for it.

Dick loves a clogger.

That’s an insult to cloggers tbh. Alloa tv were pretty much laughing at us when we played him against them at their place. Something like his biggest asset is how hard he tries to win the ball back after he’s gave it away 🤦🏻‍♂️

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

The fact that we got seb Ross and cove ended up with Robbie leitch and yet we still got the raw end of these moves sums the whole thing up for me.

The most missionary transfer of recent times.

Did we not pay a fee for Seb Ross?  No way he was on peanuts and I doubt Wilson was either.  

I think we've got enough centre halves once Watson is back to lose someone there.  We don't need Mackie, McKay, Watson, Donaldson and Henderson if we assume Rowe and McCann will be starting full backs.    

McKay might be hard to shift given his contract goes to 2024 but if McGlynn sees him as right back cover then Williamson going is possible.  Watson too might want guaranteed game time once he's fit and could surely find another club so may decide to leave if told he's unlikely to play.  

As mentioned before, I'd punt Martin too if at all possible and try to get a better keeper in as competition for PJ.   

Goes without saying McGuffie, Hetherington, Malcolm, Sneddon all no regret exits if McGlynn can make it work.  

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Looks like Lawal could be out for a period of time and Kennedy being on loan means there are connotations too.

Why does Kennedy being on loan mean there are connotations too. 
You can’t seriously think Rangers would want him back

2 minutes ago, grumpyoldman said:

Why does Kennedy being on loan mean there are connotations too. 
You can’t seriously think Rangers would want him back

When did I say that ? Don’t put words in my mouth. What I meant was other clubs may want to buy him - there has been rumoured interest from clubs down south which may or may not lead to anything.

Grumpy old man right enough.