The Falkirk FC Thread

17 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

They had 1500 today for their derby match played between 2 teams from Scotland’s biggest city. They have the worst attendance per head of population of any club in Scotland.

I will find it hilarious when there is yet another team in our showpiece division who has an average attendance of c.3000.

:lol:

26 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

They are being bank rolled by a rich billionaire and good luck to them - I’m not laughing and not sure what EPL fanboys have to do with it ? I hate all English teams.

Bankrolled by him and the sfa. No idea how they came to the figure of a few million for Hampden considering the fact they'd had to be bailed out a few years ago or the ground would've gone bust and had invested absolutely zero to improve it over the past few years.  Something well dodgy went on there.

51 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

They are being bank rolled by a rich billionaire and good luck to them - I’m not laughing and not sure what EPL fanboys have to do with it ? I hate all English teams.

You said you would find it "hilarious".

And those EPL fanboys are exactly the type of person that would sneer at attendances of 3k for a top flight club here.

3 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

And those EPL fanboys are exactly the type of person that would sneer at attendances of 3k for a top flight club here.

Tbf I would sneer at crowds of 3000 in the top flight but if the the team gets there then fair play to them. 

Edited by latapythelegend

5 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Fair point mate - I did say that. Admittedly I would pish myself if QP are in the top flight as I did with Gretna. But would also think well done for getting there.

Edited by Grangemouth Bairn

Scottish football still offers the cheapest method of acquiring a little club, and simply by chucking £500k a season at it, you are in with a pretty decent shout of being able to take them from the bottom flight to the top flight.

Of course, once the money is unplugged, it’s pretty much certain that relegation will quickly follow.

That would apply mainly to Ross County and Queens Park at this point in time as Uncle Roy and Willie Haughey are the ones shelling out the cash.  It doesn’t apply to the Launderers because they operate under an entirely different model.

7 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Scottish football still offers the cheapest method of acquiring a little club, and simply by chucking £500k a season at it, you are in with a pretty decent shout of being able to take them from the bottom flight to the top flight.

Of course, once the money is unplugged, it’s pretty much certain that relegation will quickly follow.

That would apply mainly to Ross County and Queens Park at this point in time as Uncle Roy and Willie Haughey are the ones shelling out the cash.  It doesn’t apply to the Launderers because they operate under an entirely different model.

My original point wasn't in relation to the money or fanbase but as to how "flexible" the rules always seem to become wrt to other side's with (or without) suitable grounds since our attempt to reach the then top-flight all those years ago. 

Guest Wind Chime Jimmy

Look, I don't like Falkirk. However, I'd rather see us and them back up the leagues rather than some of the bankrolled shite like Ross County, QP, Kelty Hearts etc. Offer nothing, sorry for sounding like a dick (nothing new) but it rips ma knitting.

4 hours ago, Blame Me said:

My original point wasn't in relation to the money or fanbase but as to how "flexible" the rules always seem to become wrt to other side's with (or without) suitable grounds since our attempt to reach the then top-flight all those years ago. 

Lex Gold. Arrogant p***k. When he decided that we couldn’t ground share at Murrayfield (no matter how realistic proposal it was), when pushed for the reasoning behind the refusal, all he could come up with was that he had concerns that Murrayfield’s design meant that rival supporters could not be segregated, and so it was refused as a proposal on the grounds of safety.

When it was pointed out that in a stadium that size, every single supporter in the ground could be segregated one by one, he said that a comment like that was “unhelpful”. He remains one of worst ever administrators in the history of the Scottish game………no-one trusted a word he had to say.

Guest Ecosse83
8 hours ago, bairn88 said:

Pointless stat, but come this Friday we’ll have played 2 league games in 51 days! 

Quite glad Dundee pumped us out the diddy cup now after reading that, we will probably have a few back to back midweek games so 1 less cup game is a good thing! 

Edited by Ecosse83

55 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Kyle Connell released by Killie. Were we not in for him before he went on loan to Raith? 

He'd be a decent signing, unfortunately I doubt we will sign anyone permanently unless we can shift more of the dross out the door. More likely to be loans. 

1 hour ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Kyle Connell released by Killie. Were we not in for him before he went on loan to Raith? 

I'd imagine Ian Murray will keep him at Raith given he also had him at Airdrie. He looked lively when he played against us for Airdrie but hasn't done as well at Raith this season.