The Falkirk FC Thread

10 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Comments have been made regarding posts made regarding leaks regarding signings. I have been vocal in the past about this practice so would like to clarify the reasoning behind my position on the subject and regrettably taken offense that was never my intent.

The point I have been making regarding leaks from the club is that it reflects badly on the individuals running it and therefore how the club is looked upon by players and other clubs the very source of these potential signings.

It was one of the symptoms of the last regime that highlighted everything that was wrong in the stewardship of the club. No integrity, standards of behavior, and going about the day-to-day management of the club.

Have felt strongly on this matter since the Brockville days when Jeffries and Brown were about to sign Richardson from Blackburn and some arsehole at the club tipped off the Daily Record and Aberdeen nipped in at the last minute.

So whoever it was in the club who tipped the wink should have a look at themselves. Because sooner or later we will lose out on a signing because of it and that is not in the best interests of the club.

So you are either bothered or not bothered about leaks from the club and the consequences it's one or the other.

Take your pick. 

Will not comment ever again on the subject but there is my position - make of it what you will

Didn’t ask

23 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Comments have been made regarding posts made regarding leaks regarding signings. I have been vocal in the past about this practice so would like to clarify the reasoning behind my position on the subject and regrettably taken offense that was never my intent.

The point I have been making regarding leaks from the club is that it reflects badly on the individuals running it and therefore how the club is looked upon by players and other clubs the very source of these potential signings.

It was one of the symptoms of the last regime that highlighted everything that was wrong in the stewardship of the club. No integrity, standards of behavior, and going about the day-to-day management of the club.

Have felt strongly on this matter since the Brockville days when Jeffries and Brown were about to sign Richardson from Blackburn and some arsehole at the club tipped off the Daily Record and Aberdeen nipped in at the last minute.

So whoever it was in the club who tipped the wink should have a look at themselves. Because sooner or later we will lose out on a signing because of it and that is not in the best interests of the club.

So you are either bothered or not bothered about leaks from the club and the consequences it's one or the other.

Take your pick. 

Will not comment ever again on the subject but there is my position - make of it what you will

Enjoyed the will never comment again part.

26 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Dunno about that. I think we might see big Bradley there one last time tbf. 

sorry I worded my comment badly, if he's been with us for a few weeks training I think he'll play, if he's just arrived then he won't was what I meant.

17 hours ago, RC_Bairn said:

You've got your dates confused.  Ompreon and Ruth came after Wilson so if the latter was our main striker than why sign the former?  

Because Wilson turned out to be pish.  I agree he wouldn't have been on peanuts. 

Ompreon and Ruth were a last throw of the dice to get at least 1 decent striker with Keena and Wilson stinking the place out and our best striker loaned out to Arbroath.  Mismanagement all round. 

With Rowe signing, looks like those freed up wages have worked in our favour already. 

How good is it to see us sorting our shit out on the 2nd of January instead of fannying about all month scraping for a player at the last minute.

Delighted we've signed a right back, looks to have a good bit of pace on him going by the below.

57 minutes ago, MetalWolf said:

sorry I worded my comment badly, if he's been with us for a few weeks training I think he'll play, if he's just arrived then he won't was what I meant.

He travelled up Wednesday, trained on Thursday morning and has been with the squad ever since. 

On the "leaks" debate, with him having been here five days now it was always a possibility. There's 25 other players in the squad plus club staff who knew and could have mentioned it to friends or family. The window obviously didn't open until yesterday and I think the hope was to give the fanbase a boost by announcing him unexpectedly on the morning of the game.

Unfortunately some people like to get in first with news rather than allowing the club to do it. That's not a dig at them, it's just human nature for some people if they know a secret. 

3 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

He travelled up Wednesday, trained on Thursday morning and has been with the squad ever since. 

On the "leaks" debate, with him having been here five days now it was always a possibility. There's 25 other players in the squad plus club staff who knew and could have mentioned it to friends or family. The window obviously didn't open until yesterday and I think the hope was to give the fanbase a boost by announcing him unexpectedly on the morning of the game.

Unfortunately some people like to get in first with news rather than allowing the club to do it. That's not a dig at them, it's just human nature for some people if they know a secret. 

Anyone else train with the team on Thursday?

32 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

With Edinburgh winning and Montrose drawing, Saturday allows us to pull away from the pack. 

It's shaping up to be a great run-in and yet, one slip up and it's perilous again. 

Can we handle the pressure.

On a sidenote but how galling will it be when Queen's Park are allowed to use Hampden until lesser Hampden is ready. It's a stick on that it'll be heralded as a triumph for them and against the odds yadda-yadda ... 🙄

12 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

It's shaping up to be a great run-in and yet, one slip up and it's perilous again. 

On a sidenote but how galling will it be when Queen's Park are allowed to use Hampden until lesser Hampden is ready. It's a stick on that it'll be heralded as a triumph for them and against the odds yadda-yadda ... 🙄

Wtf do Queens Park matter?

31 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

They had 1500 today for their derby match played between 2 teams from Scotland’s biggest city. They have the worst attendance per head of population of any club in Scotland.

I will find it hilarious when there is yet another team in our showpiece division who has an average attendance of c.3000.

4 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

They had 1500 today for their derby match played between 2 teams from Scotland’s biggest city. They have the worst attendance per head of population of any club in Scotland.

I will find it hilarious when there is yet another team in our showpiece division who has an average attendance of c.3000.

Nah the QP bubble will burst. They are no bigger than Stenny or the Shire. They just have more money through luck.

11 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Yes, you laugh along with all the EPL fanboys.

Who gives a shit? 3000 is still much more than many teams around Europe.

They are being bank rolled by a rich billionaire and good luck to them - I’m not laughing and not sure what EPL fanboys have to do with it ? I hate all English teams.