The Falkirk FC Thread

I don’t think we necessarily need “better” than what we already have, I think we need different. I think a midfielder(s) with more of a physical presence who better fits into whatever McGlynn’s midfield plan is……..that’s what we need. We don’t need better sand dancers…..we need less of them,

A right back would of course, be nice to have.

24 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I don’t think we necessarily need “better” than what we already have, I think we need different. I think a midfielder(s) with more of a physical presence who better fits into whatever McGlynn’s midfield plan is……..that’s what we need. We don’t need better sand dancers…..we need less of them,

A right back would of course, be nice to have.

I totally agree, Morrison, Nesbitt, McGuffie and Kennedy are the same style of player although some are better than others. Lawal is different, as is Henderson if selected to play in midfield. I’d like to see us add a midfielder who gives more of a physical presence.

If we can only bring one in that would be my preference, I’d love another right back and striker but I don’t see us having the coin for that.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

22 minutes ago, Roboccop said:

Out of interest what’s happened to Pearse Carrol ? Loaned out or still on fringes of the first team? 

I’d imagine he’s not been involved in first team squads as he’s been playing with the under 18s but I think they have a break in games so was on the bench on Friday.

If the tabloids are to be believed there are a few teams down south and up here looking at maybe signing Kennedy on a pre contract. Whether that might transpire into a permanent transfer in January remains to be seen. It's entirely conceivable of course Rangers could get offers for him and Alegria and we could be two players down. Which would leave us scratching about trying to get replacements added to trying to get shot of one or two more of the dross we have under contract. Could yet be a busy month for McGlynn. 

Such is the nature of loan players. Different risks to signed players, but risks just the same. I guess it also depends on how watertight the loan agreements are, but again, there’s likely to be risks involved.

McGlynn will have known in advance of the transfer window opening, about players returning to parent clubs, part and parcel of having loanees. It’s also a given he’s been identifying players that may be available.  Never an easy window so we’ll so find out if we’ve been weakened or strengthened over the next few weeks. 

Aye, New Year, new terminology. Talk of “lots of games to play” and “lots of twists and turns still to come” start to fade, and are replaced by “January signings will define our season”, and “we can’t afford any more defeats” and eventually we all end up in the last chance saloon in March or April. 

1 hour ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Aye, New Year, new terminology. Talk of “lots of games to play” and “lots of twists and turns still to come” start to fade, and are replaced by “January signings will define our season”, and “we can’t afford any more defeats” and eventually we all end up in the last chance saloon in March or April. 

I think we're in the last chance saloon already, as far as the title is concerned anyway. Dunfermline aren't going to suddenly start to lose games to any great frequency. We must win this IMO.  

14 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

It's alright saying an overweight Griffiths couldn't cut it across there but fairly certain he was playing in the A league. If Wilson is playing at a lot lower level then he might actually resemble a footballer. 

Griffiths was nowhere near the A League.

He was playing at some very low level whilst on holiday in Western Australia, I'd never heard of the club and the footage I saw it was like he was playing in a public park.       

11 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I bet you were a bundle of fun around the Christmas table 

7 points behind at the halfway stage isn't quite last chance saloon but I'd agree we have to win on Monday. Dunfermline just look like title winners, seem to get the job done most weeks and then winning at TFS was a disaster. Can't count on other teams taking points off them.

A win on Monday for us and some decent reinforcements to improve the starting 11 early January will hopefully give us some momentum