The Falkirk FC Thread

19 hours ago, Caractacus Potts said:

The £400k hole was only such providing we also gained an extra £600k of income from commercial transactions. If the £400k gap is filled then have we breached the £600k gap as last note was that we were still just short of the overall commercial income for the previous season. 

It might be the case that the BoD won’t discuss financials now in terms of shortfalls or black holes. The inference may well be that the accountants are now fully satisfied, and that the accounts are now signed off.

2 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

That’s where I’m heading ? Why would we not be allowed in ? All the trouble the last time was in the town centre.

Aye, worded it badly. Meant after last time where we took it over would we be allowed to again - hadn’t seen it publicised like last game. 

21 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Where does everyone park - North of the cemetary or in the residential bit to the south of the stadium? Been a while since I went to EEP and that's where I was last time.

The car park at the cemetery, but tbf its a fucking nightmare to get out of after the match 

25 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Where does everyone park - North of the cemetary or in the residential bit to the south of the stadium? Been a while since I went to EEP and that's where I was last time.

If you ain’t in a rush, there’s a big leisure park about 1 mile from the stadium with loads of car parking - you could park there and get a number 19 bus which stops right at EEP and they leave the leisure park every 15 mins. It’s also quicker to get on and off motorway from there.

As @Bairnardo says, the cemetery is horrendous to exit after the game and getting onto motorway from Halbeath Road is also horrendous.

3 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

It might be the case that the BoD won’t discuss financials now in terms of shortfalls or black holes. The inference may well be that the accountants are now fully satisfied, and that the accounts are now signed off.

This is the legacy of a board that leaked to attention seekers looking for their moment in the spotlight and the rumors that grew arms and legs.

The board rightly don't want a return and are keeping these matter within the boardroom and in particular when external auditors are in the process of signing off the accounts.

The fans are concerned about the finances as they should be after the last few years and want and deserve regular updates. The club therefore should every 3 month issue an interim financial statement regarding the state of the season's business plan.

It's a win win for all, the board communicate better with the fans the fans in turn are informed and mutual trust is built that must be good all round.

8 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

Last episode of 2022 being recorded today. Huge thanks to every single one of you who’ve listened/watched the 23 podcasts so far…almost 40,000 between YouTube, Apple & Spotify 👏🏻

Whats expected from the last show of the year which is sponsored by Drummond Laurie Charted Accountants? 

* All of the latest news from FFC 
* Review of the 5-2 win over Queen of the South with our guest pundit Craig Cruickshanks 
* Preview of the BIG derby match with that lot from across the Forth 
* We discuss a “Night with Russell Latapy” in association with Elt. events
* Monthly draw of the Falkirk Supporters Society members which has a record SIX prizes. 
* And we remember all the Bairns gone too soon in 2022 💙

Out soon at the links below & our previous 23 episodes are there too 👉🏻

🔊Apple: apple.co/3PX3l02
🎙️Spotify: spoti.fi/3PCiXGJ
📺Youtube: bit.ly/3b4R4YH

CC5C0FBD-2C7F-4F1B-B3D3-DB25A46FFCCF.jpeg

That’s a wrap for 2022. 

* All the news from FFC & transfer rumours 
* Monthly FSS draw made & winners revealed 
* News about the “Night with Russell Latapy” & comp
* Review the 5-2 win over QOS
* Preview the derby match with that lot
* Remember those Bairns no longer with us in 2022
* And much more…

🗣️ “No idea if it’s Pancake Tuesday or Sheffield Wednesday”

🔊Apple: apple.co/3PX3l02
🎙️Spotify: spoti.fi/3PCiXGJ
📺Youtube: bit.ly/3b4R4YH

1393C4F5-AFFE-48C3-8E06-3BCD7C7C5551.thumb.jpeg.da41672b3cd75d05375f15b246df1e8b.jpeg311AB5C1-D0B4-4684-9736-D1CF434F6949.thumb.jpeg.b749b89783132afb8c5b4412da1220c0.jpeg8FB5C1A9-B302-42FB-B881-BDE542A59F04.thumb.jpeg.2f1b7c9b40962ee943db5d27b7803aef.jpeg

33 minutes ago, Shabba said:

Kai Kennedy being linked with a permanent January move with both English and Scottish clubs interested. Anybody know if we are one of them?

I’ve been quite impressed with him I have to say. He’s a bit inconsistent but still only 20 so plenty of time to develop.

I’d be offering him a pre-contract but presumably that would be dependent on promotion.

32 minutes ago, Shabba said:

Kai Kennedy being linked with a permanent January move with both English and Scottish clubs interested. Anybody know if we are one of them?

He'll be on a fairly substancial wage at Sevco far beyond anything we could offer so I highly doubt it. Always the risk with loans but hopefully we manage to keep him until the end of the season.

38 minutes ago, Shabba said:

He’s being linked with a pre-contract in January but probably an agent drumming it up.

12 hours ago, Richie Sacramento said:

My understanding is that the board are keen to try and ensure the club is not only in a sustainable position this year, but next year and beyond.

As a fan-owned club, if that is to work, means the income generated by the club every year needs to be able to sustain the outgoings, and all needs to come via the fans. If we all still want the same things...a competitve first team, growing the academy again, then all that needs to be funded by us as the owners, whether thats via FSS, Patrons or individuals buying more shares, 10 year tickets, hospitality, etc etc.

Saying 'the gap is filled' suggests theres no need for more investment...the truth is if we want to grow the club, even if we do get promotion, then investment is still needed as the 'gap' needs to be filled every year.

So if it's to be another season in L1 next year what will sustainable look like? Part time? Or pushing the boat out to get up, more 2 yr contracts to attract better players etc? Another gap? Tough task ahead for those who stood up for the rest of us.   

If we do go up investment in the squad will certainly be needed and such is the history of our club and fanbase we will have ambitions of going up again.

IMO completely fan owned is not for us at present whilst we try to get back to the top league. The slow take up on FSS subs adds to my worry, and there is only so many times you can go to Patreons for more money. Far better to keep the likes of MR & SA on board just in case along with a strong fans voice. 

Part owned by the fans is fine for now, we won't be a sustainable club until we reach the promised land once more. Hopefully by then we will be selling our academy developed players again for big money plus future add-ons (sustainable) and be the number one large concert venue in Scotland. Essentially where we were before the fools in charge (at the time) messed up badly.         

16 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

So if it's to be another season in L1 next year what will sustainable look like? Part time? Or pushing the boat out to get up, more 2 yr contracts to attract better players etc? Another gap? Tough task ahead for those who stood up for the rest of us.   

If we do go up investment in the squad will certainly be needed and such is the history of our club and fanbase we will have ambitions of going up again.

IMO completely fan owned is not for us at present whilst we try to get back to the top league. The slow take up on FSS subs adds to my worry, and there is only so many times you can go to Patreons for more money. Far better to keep the likes of MR & SA on board just in case along with a strong fans voice. 

Part owned by the fans is fine for now, we won't be a sustainable club until we reach the promised land once more. Hopefully by then we will be selling our academy developed players again for big money plus future add-ons (sustainable) and be the number one large concert venue in Scotland. Essentially where we were before the fools in charge (at the time) messed up badly.         

I agree with most of this except this idea which I’ve seen raised a few times that somehow the only way to make money from transfers is through the academy.

We as a club have also had considerable success from identifying young players who’ve either fallen out of bigger clubs’ youth systems or from lower leagues and selling them on- Taylor, Vaulks, Wallace etc and in my view, this is an area we should be prioritising. 

Hartley signing a bunch of young duds is no more an argument for solely focusing on the academy than the likes of a Blues or  O’Hara are for scrapping it. 

Yates, Burrell and Lawal are all examples of players who didn’t come through our academy but who could potentially be developed and sold on. I wouldn’t want to see that policy scrapped in favour of dogmatically throwing all resources at the academy.

1 hour ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I agree with most of this except this idea which I’ve seen raised a few times that somehow the only way to make money from transfers is through the academy.

We as a club have also had considerable success from identifying young players who’ve either fallen out of bigger clubs’ youth systems or from lower leagues and selling them on- Taylor, Vaulks, Wallace etc and in my view, this is an area we should be prioritising. 

Hartley signing a bunch of young duds is no more an argument for solely focusing on the academy than the likes of a Blues or  O’Hara are for scrapping it. 

Yates, Burrell and Lawal are all examples of players who didn’t come through our academy but who could potentially be developed and sold on. I wouldn’t want to see that policy scrapped in favour of dogmatically throwing all resources at the academy.

Absolutely no reason why we can’t have a successful academy and develop young prospects sourced from other clubs.